Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your pocket knives!

Just picked this one up on sale at Bass Pro Shop:

IMG_1722.jpg
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Blog Entries

Absolutely disgusting PB.

Here's mine, have had it for 6-7 years. The little clip fell off.

You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Absolutely disgusting PB.
    What's disgusting about it? It's a pocket knife.

Here's mine, have had it for 6-7 years. The little clip fell off.
    I actually like most knives better without the clip.
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 07-20-2013 at 02:47 PM.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Blog Entries

It's too flashy
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    It's too flashy
    I use it to scare crows off my lawn.

I bought it because:

-It was on sale for $20, regularly $50.
    -I like the spring assisted blade
    -It fits well in my hand
    -It's not too big where it weighs me down.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

I don't know what Florida laws are like (besides letting white people murder black people?!?!) but some places are very touchy about spring-assisted blades. Be careful traveling with it.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Ok, so I am less confused now since I've seen Tenlaar's post. We are showing off our REAL blades, yes?

Trying out my new(ish) PC, so forgive if this comes out fried.

My absolute favorite hay string cutter.

201_2600.jpg

I found that I prefer wooden handles on my pocket knives.

The oldest knife in my small collection, which I believe to be a WWI era German bayonet, the blade on this thing is still stupid sharp.

201_2616.jpg

Small, sharp, pointy things, not just for Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylianara View Post
    Trying out my new(ish) PC, so forgive if this comes out fried.

My absolute favorite hay string cutter.

201_2600.jpg
    Don't laugh, but I generally just rip twine with a shedder comb, which always seems to be more plentiful around my barn than cutting implements. Not just cowgirl...straight up redneck.

Next week, I get my new AQHA pocket knife in the mail with my renewal subscription, though, and I'm so 'cited! I will post when it comes in! Yay for freebies!

p.s. - bummed no one drooled and/or razzed me over the cheap, replica double-headed axe - boo!
    Last edited by leifastagsweed; 08-01-2013 at 12:27 AM. Reason: post script

Quote Originally Posted by leifastagsweed View Post
    Don't laugh, but I generally just rip twine with a shedder comb, which always seems to be more plentiful around my barn than cutting implements. Not just cowgirl...straight up redneck.

Next week, I get my new AQHA pocket knife in the mail with my renewal subscription, though, and I'm so 'cited! I will post when it comes in! Yay for freebies!

p.s. - bummed no one drooled and/or razzed me over the cheap, replica double-headed axe - boo!
    Not laughing at you, definatly laughing with you. I've been in that position many a time. I don't know about you, but when the twine was just to damned tight to slide off of a corner and I had to improvise with the shedder curry, I always wondered if gnawing through the twine would be faster than sawing away at it with the shedder.

And that's not redneck, that's 1) Lazy/unprepared and 2) Creative improvisation.

Case in point.

I used to clean the water troughs with dirt (aka as FL sand) and handfuls of dried grass. 1) I was to absentminded to remember to bring a scrub brush with me and to lazy to walk back for one so I 2) improvised with the tools that I had around me. The interesting thing I discovered was that the abrasive nature of the sand was by far the best medium for a cleaning agent and got supremely better results than just a scrub brush.

Not Redneck at all. Creative and turns out, dern smert!

Unfortunately, the silty clay here just won't cut the mustard like good ole abrasive FL sand. Since the barn is much father than I wish to walk these days, I've resorted to leaving a scrub brush by the trough. Heh. Guess I still have a lazy streak. :-P

P.S. Cheezy, cheap replica or not, that axe would leave a nice goose-egg on someones noodle for sure.

As for other likes in this thread, I liked RojoDiscos twine cutter aka Baby Kershaw on the rose paterned, lacy cloth. Sexy

The simplistic and artistic nature of SonoftheNorths blade. Extra props for his choice in the use of the moss. Earthy

And that thing that Tenlaar posted ..... not the most practical, but definately wicked cool. I'd find myself twitching for my wallet if I saw that. Just think, you could be super lazy about sharpening the blade, just move on to the next one!

MOAR KNIVES