Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Treasure system

Default Treasure system

Alright, I'm treasure hunting skeletal ice trolls in Mule. It was nice, I got just over 400k in 2 days. I think, though, that I ruined them. The boxes are now way farther between. Fortunately, there are two hunting spots that are great for treasure...

Anyway, how long should it take for them to get back to their former (wonderful) level of decent treasure?
    Space for rent, inquire within.

From what I've heard, treasure does not fluctuate daily, it can take weeks of heavy hunting to impact an area.

That could be wrong, I have not paid any attention to the distribution because I just hunt wherever I happen to be.

I am curious though, how many hours in those two days were you hunting?

Thanks,
    Askip
    "You're well beyond training for a reason."...Gelston

Alot. I've made about 500k in two days, and there's atleast one other treasure hunter there. I really think it's going down...I spent about 3 hours there this morning, and got about 10 boxes (one trip). Fortunately, because of wracking, and lack of swarms, I can stay there pretty much indefinately.

I did get 16k in gems though.

I've heard very differently, Askip. I'm told the treasure system is updated by the hour, and is impacted by how many people have hunted there and how many creatures they've killed.
    Razzle them. Dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

If bob's right, I think I've ruined trolls for a day or two. Time to start playing my secondary character.

It certainly could get tweaked hourly, but if so it's miniscule.

I've hunted Skull Temple at all times of the day for hours at a stretch, and I have not seen any difference whether it's busy or empty.

Other areas could be different, your milage may vary.

"You're well beyond training for a reason."...Gelston

Blog Entries

Depleting the treasure system of an area should take a couple weeks. During the first few weeks EN and Zul Logoth opened, older characters constantly hunted certain critters, and if you were there with them you'd still be making plenty of silver.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

The most dramatic changes I see are in shelfae. I occasionally go there to cash hunt. At one point, I was getting at least 75 pounds of boxes, 5k in gems, 2k in coins, and jewelry every hunt. Now I get like 10 coins, a 50 coin gem, and rarely, a 15 pound box.
    Razzle them. Dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

This has been a pretty dramatic change. I'm not the only one treasure hunting there, there's a couple people atleast. It could just be an anamoly, but I spent 2+ hours there, and got 10 boxes. When I first started, a few times I couldn't even fry because I got the boxes fast enough that I didn't need to.

Roa'ters go through cycles. Not many actively hunt them in the castle... but if they are ignored for a while, they start dropping diamonds and emeralds all the time with real heavy boxes. I'll hunt them a good solid 3 or 4 days.. and they go back to dropping nothing but crap.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.