Page 627 of 663 FirstFirst ... 127527577617625626627628629637 ... LastLast
Results 6,261 to 6,270 of 6622

Thread: Dumb things liberals say:

Quote Originally Posted by Flap View Post
    Why? You don't want to have a discussion about this?

2) Why would you buy a car that you don't have a way to charge? It's not like people are going to have an EV suddenly forced upon them and go OH NO HOW DO I GET AROUND. And, again, extension cords. Electricians.

5) Nope, not shitting you. I won't pretend to be an expert on batteries or renewable energy. But I don't think it's a stretch to say we can find a better way to power transportation than gasoline. Whether it be hydrogen, electric, nuclear(Fallout exploding cars here we come baby) or otherwise, I think it's the smart choice to reserve the limited amounts of oil that we have for better use.
    2) no shit no one is having a car forced on them. My obvious point from the very beginning is not everyone can make use of an electric vehicle so telling people all they have to do is buy an electric vehicle to avoid high gas prices is dumb because generally speaking people who are better off financially will either have their own home or will have other means to keep their electric vehicles charged whereas less well off people generally will be living in apartments or other places with no means to charge their electric vehicles.

Also standard outlets charge electric vehicles very slowly which might be okay for some people, but others are gonna want an expensive outlet that I doubt many apartment complexes are gonna fork over the money for. Also you’re suggesting people run extension cords from their apartments to their cars? You do know some people live on like the 10th floor right?

5) that’s great you want to power the world with nuclear or some other technologies that don’t yet exist, but if everyone switches over to electric vehicles, especially in a relatively short amount of time, that would put a huge strain on the power grid which would raise prices as power companies scramble to produce more electricity. Just like if there was a sudden surge in people wanting to eat apples the apple growers would run low on apples and prices would rise. This isn’t a difficult concept.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 11-29-2021 at 09:10 AM.

Let's not even discuss things like rare earth metals for batteries, solar panels and turbines or that 60% of all electricity comes from fossil fuel.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    This isn’t a difficult concept.
    You are having a conversation with MacGuyver....
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    You are having a conversation with MacGuyver....
    I was curious to see how dumb his replies would get after his first doozy of a reply. It’s like looking at a train wreck on the sun.

Exactly.

If you are molesting children.. you don't belong in a civilized society.

You aren't going to get rehabilitated.
    Kyle rehabilitated him in the only way pedos can be rehabilitated.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Flap View Post
    Pete in my estimation is one of the worst of the D's. He pretends to be progressive, but really all he is, is gay.
    This is correct.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

2) no shit no one is having a car forced on them. My obvious point from the very beginning is not everyone can make use of an electric vehicle so telling people all they have to do is buy an electric vehicle to avoid high gas prices is dumb because generally speaking people who are better off financially will either have their own home or will have other means to keep their electric vehicles charged whereas less well off people generally will be living in apartments or other places with no means to charge their electric vehicles.

Also standard outlets charge electric vehicles very slowly which might be okay for some people, but others are gonna want an expensive outlet that I doubt many apartment complexes are gonna fork over the money for. Also you’re suggesting people run extension cords from their apartments to their cars? You do know some people live on like the 10th floor right?
    So are we or are we not talking about the practicality of charging EV's on this point? Because people who have them, are going to have a way to charge them. That's the point. Literally no one is expecting an overnight or even over 1 year/5 year complete switch to EV's. By the time more people have them, charging will be more accessible. It's not rocket science. Supply and demand, you know? There are paid charging stations. Expect to see more of them.

5) that’s great you want to power the world with nuclear or some other technologies that don’t yet exist, but if everyone switches over to electric vehicles, especially in a relatively short amount of time, that would put a huge strain on the power grid which would raise prices as power companies scramble to produce more electricity. Just like if there was a sudden surge in people wanting to eat apples the apple growers would run low on apples and prices would rise. This isn’t a difficult concept.
    Yea, it's not a difficult concept at all. It's overly simple, that's why I called it absurdist hyperbole. Again, adoption of electric vehicles will follow the rules of supply and demand. Nobody is going to buy a car they can't use. They won't make EV cars if they run out of stuff to make EV cars. They won't shut down gas stations until people stop buying gas. They will set up charging stations when it's profitable.

I know you like to forecast doom and gloom from every little virtue signal that the Democrats broadcast, but we live in the real world, and more specifically in the USA, where profits come first. Do you really think that the D's are going to grift themselves out of opportunities to make money?
    Last edited by Flap; 11-29-2021 at 01:35 PM.

PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Do these people ever get tired of this shit?

First on the Electric Vehicles - The Progressives are going to destroy peoples capability to travel/survive.

Example 1: https://www.theverge.com/2021/9/24/2...on-2030-newsom
    Example 2: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/15/new-...buildings.html

They are implementing these already, at a pace that is ahead of the technology or infrastructure. Idiots who think "electric vehicles" will stop "man made climate change" are fucking morons. California is already shorted on electricity - what the fuck do people think will happen when everyone plugs a car into the wall?

https://www.reuters.com/business/ene...ts-2021-08-11/

That's what. ROFL.

Additionally, hope everyone is ready to give up everything on this list +more: https://www.ranken-energy.com/index....rom-petroleum/

People are going to find out real fast what a bad idea this is, when the electrical grid goes down in winter, and people can't travel or freeze to death. Or in summer, when rolling blackouts stop them from being able to charge their cars/homes and they die from heat exhaustion.

This all or nothing approach being done by the progressives is a tool of control. Not of a rational blending of technologies.
    Last edited by Shaps; 12-21-2021 at 08:27 AM.