Page 232 of 245 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 2450

Thread: Thread for things that blew your mind today.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Batman v Superman was good too, other than the Doomsday's identify twist which was stupid as fuck and shits all over the actual Doomsday character from the comics.
    I forgive you because it's likely you suffered brain damage after watching BvS, but there was also that YOUR MOM'S NAME IS MARTHA TOO?!?! plot point which was all kinds of retarded.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Never thought about it like that. That's worth giving it a look. And thanks Methais, for the breakdown. It's probably worth giving them a chance this weekend. I'm always wary of older movies that I never saw when I was younger because a good 50% of them just don't hold up without nostalgia to power you through the cheesy bits. I can't even watch Krull or Willow now and I did have nostalgia propping those up. You watch Alien or Aliens for the first time though in 2019 and they're still fucking amazing.
    Fun fact, Shazam punched Superman so hard it actually KO'd Supes.

Blog Entries

It's hard to enjoy a movie about a man with limitless powers and zero weaknesses, isn't it?
    This is pretty much how I feel about Supermans. It's really hard to find something that's going to challenge him without it feeling contrived, and if you put him in a movie with other people that aren't at his level they wind up seeming useless. He's really only interesting if you're exploring the nature of his power (which I give the DC films a little credit for until they dialed it up to 11 and kept making Messiah comparisons) but they have mostly been DBZ-level spectacles of smashing buildings and lasers firing into the sky. Justice League should have had a hard cut-to-credits when Superman arrived.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    This is pretty much how I feel about Supermans. It's really hard to find something that's going to challenge him without it feeling contrived, and if you put him in a movie with other people that aren't at his level they wind up seeming useless. He's really only interesting if you're exploring the nature of his power (which I give the DC films a little credit for until they dialed it up to 11 and kept making Messiah comparisons) but they have mostly been DBZ-level spectacles of smashing buildings and lasers firing into the sky. Justice League should have had a hard cut-to-credits when Superman arrived.
    DC blockbuster movies tend to suck, their animated movies and TV shows are so much better.
    Last edited by drauz; 05-03-2019 at 05:40 PM.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

5. Default

This is pretty much how I feel about Supermans.
    That's why I recommend Hancock! Hancock is what Superman would be if he were a drunken asshole with anger management issues. Also he literally shoots semen into space at one point through the roof of his trailer. So there's that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    DC blockbuster movies tend to suck, their animated movies and TV shows are so much better.
    But Dark Knight was good though. The recent iterations of DC movies haven't been great. I honestly didn't care for Wonder Woman, but I do want to bang Gal Gadot.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

It's hard to enjoy a movie about a man with limitless powers and zero weaknesses, isn't it? I mean, I get it. He was one of, or the first modern superhero. They hadn't really perfected the formula yet. But I mean..even Heracles was kind of a douchebag. Your story doesn't get thousands of years of staying power without a character arc or something to overcome. Superman's deal is like...he's immune to everything and can do all the things. There's never any danger of him failing.
    https://youtu.be/MJKqPbvf8MI?t=216

^ Zod discovers Superman's non-kryptonite weakness. Sort of.
    Last edited by Methais; 05-03-2019 at 06:40 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    https://youtu.be/MJKqPbvf8MI?t=216

^ Zod discovers Superman's non-kryptonite weakness.
    zod is a bitch
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I forgive you because it's likely you suffered brain damage after watching BvS, but there was also that YOUR MOM'S NAME IS MARTHA TOO?!?! plot point which was all kinds of retarded.
    I don't even remember that part. It's not false though I guess.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

So what do you think about Rey?