Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shattered Pricing Plea (From Officials)

1. Default Shattered Pricing Plea (From Officials)

Thought this post from officials needed discussion on the real Gemstone forums. Sums up why Gemstone is dying, what Simutronics can do to fix it, and will soon be either ignored or responded to with typical customer is always wrong cynicism.

I've been a fifteen year veteran of Gemstone, and like everyone else here, I know what kind of enjoyment can be found playing it. In many ways it can be more satisfying than any of the new MMOs like World of Warcraft.

The major issue I've had since Gemstone left AOL is that the tiered pricing starts at an unreasonably high point for new player entry. I have told many, many people about Gemstone over the years, but have been unable to convince any of them to come try it out because it required a starter subscription of $15. They just chuckle and say they'd rather be paying that for Warcraft.

Shattered presents a brilliant opportunity to completely change the marketing environment for Gemstone. Not only will Shattered have a larger appeal to the general gaming audience with less roleplay and more action, but it is going to be a fresh world where a new player can experience the same thing many of us die-hards experienced during the AOL days.

It was extremely disheartening to hear that Simu is releasing Shattered as a sideline attraction at the extra cost of $5 to existing accounts. The logic of this decision is difficult to understand. Existing subscribers who want the Shattered experience are going to be paying the $5 regardless of it being a "tacked-on" fee or a separate subscription.

In offering Shattered as a separate subscription, Simu could reinvigorate interest in Gemstone from thousands of former and new players. There are many, many potential customers out there who could provide an entirely new income source. Instead, however, we see a pricing decision which is difficult to comprehend... There cannot possibly be any new accounts generated with the current plan. It will be doomed to the same slow decline that Prime has unfortunately undergone.

If not at least an affirmation that this may be considered, could the thought behind Simu's pricing be discussed? We want Simu to be successful just as much as Simu does!
    Last edited by Monotonous; 04-08-2010 at 11:11 AM.

Deaf ears... deaf ears.

So many people have clamoured for Shattered that they'd be silly to offer it as anything but an upsale attempt. They would be risking a net loss if current prime subscribers ditched their accounts and went for $5 Shattered accounts.
    The Nalfein Kitten

The absolute best anyone could hope for would be a shattered only option that costs the same as a standard account. Really what they should be doing is having a shattered character be the same as a prime character, so if you only have one character slot you can be in either shattered or prime, if you have two, one or the other... the fact you can't play both at the same time sets it up perfectly for that model.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsun View Post
    So many people have clamoured for Shattered that they'd be silly to offer it as anything but an upsale attempt. They would be risking a net loss if current prime subscribers ditched their accounts and went for $5 Shattered accounts.
    You missed the point of the post. You're talking about interest exclusively from a pool of current subscribers and hardcores.. Anyone who still plays can tell you that this isn't a very large group of people.

The post is talking about bringing in potentially thousands of NEW subscribers, who would make any loss that you describe negligent -- They'd probably run multiple $5 accounts anyway. Honestly.. You're thinking like a Simutronics employee, and they've run it into the ground.
    Last edited by Monotonous; 04-08-2010 at 11:39 AM.

I fully support a $5 prime account with various limitations placed upon it.

But I agree with their decision to market shattered as an upsell.

<<The post is talking about bringing in potentially thousands of NEW subscribers>>

lol gl
    Razzle them. Dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmuhthol View Post
    <<The post is talking about bringing in potentially thousands of NEW subscribers>>

lol gl
    Why not? If retarded shit like Farmville can bring in 80 million players and 17 million dollars a day, couldn't Gemstone bring in a few more if priced and marketed correctly?
    Last edited by Monotonous; 04-08-2010 at 11:47 AM.

Wasted effort.

If I was that interested in playing the game.. an extra $5 won't stop me from playing. If you can't afford $5.00 a month.. or $.17 a day.. then you have bigger problems than playing a game on the Internet.

And really, if the regular game isn't bringing in "thousands of new subscribers", how do you think they will manage to do that in a version of the game that will be nothing more than a grief-fest.. and will only be successfully played by people who are good scripters and multi-accounters?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.