Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Accounts that aren't yours...

Quote Originally Posted by Some Rogue View Post
    You technically don't have my old account. I created a new account and transferred one character off my old one to give to you.
    That's true.. when you continued to beg me for your account back, I finally just said yes to shut you up.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    That's true.. when you continued to beg me for your account back, I finally just said yes to shut you up.
    You mean you begged me to come back because you had no friends and wanted someone to talk to?

Quote Originally Posted by Some Rogue View Post
    You mean you begged me to come back because you had no friends and wanted someone to talk to?
    Revisionist history! REVISIONIST HISTORY!
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

i talk to him when hes on bullnuts

Sean I am not talking about the previous owners of the accounts. I am talking about Blizzards policy of not allowing sales of their intellectual property.

In any case as I said before, your account is not in my hands anymore. Someone else is using it now.

I have in the past heard of them banning accounts. Mass bans. I do not know the specifics of why they were banned, whether it was limited to accounts which were accused of being gold farmers, botters, or accounts that were stolen, or even just accounts that had more than one user, which is apparently not permitted.

And I am sure I would hear news of another mass ban, but was just wondering if anyone else had been banned recently for the express condition of having shared an account.

The last mass ban I heard of was back in like '08.
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AestheticDeath View Post
    Sean I am not talking about the previous owners of the accounts. I am talking about Blizzards policy of not allowing sales of their intellectual property.

In any case as I said before, your account is not in my hands anymore. Someone else is using it now.

I have in the past heard of them banning accounts. Mass bans. I do not know the specifics of why they were banned, whether it was limited to accounts which were accused of being gold farmers, botters, or accounts that were stolen, or even just accounts that had more than one user, which is apparently not permitted.

And I am sure I would hear news of another mass ban, but was just wondering if anyone else had been banned recently for the express condition of having shared an account.
    You can share an acct with one minor child that you are the parent or guardian of.

Normally you're not going to get banned for account sharing unless you're found to be logging in from Kansas one minute & China a five minutes later then underground mining or some shit.

Or if you run your mouth that you bought the acct or are sharing it with your bff & then piss someone off & they report you there's potential there too.

My husband logs in from Afghanistan & I level his druid a bit from NC. Never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyra231 View Post
    You can share an acct with one minor child that you are the parent or guardian of.

Normally you're not going to get banned for account sharing unless you're found to be logging in from Kansas one minute & China a five minutes later then underground mining or some shit.

Or if you run your mouth that you bought the acct or are sharing it with your bff & then piss someone off & they report you there's potential there too.

My husband logs in from Afghanistan & I level his druid a bit from NC. Never had a problem.
    Speaking from the inside, I'll vouch for the above being pretty much spot on. It's unlikely you'll lose access to an account that isn't yours unless you do something obvious to make it happen, the usual reasons being getting yourself hacked, the original owner taking it back willfully, or consistent sharing and being blatant about it. I like the rules, and I'd advocate following them - but I know better than to expect that from everyone. Just don't come crying when they catch up to you.

As for bans, they still happen every single day for a variety of reasons. Could be you got hacked and they did something to get caught (advertising/hacking), could be your powerleveling company is to blame (shame on you ), could be any number of things. The mass bans still happen, they just haven't posted it anywhere in a long while - and they're not big publicity-gaining waves like glider was back in the day. But you (or anyone, generally speaking) do always stand the chance of getting banned for bad things, no matter what day it is.
    Carebear and proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Odups View Post
    Speaking from the inside, I'll vouch for the above being pretty much spot on.
    Maybe you can answer a fast question then. I'm afraid to bring it up on the blizzard. My son has an account of his own, and when the battle.net thing came around, I merged it into mine thinking it would let me keep an eye on him. However, he spends a lot of time at his mom's house, and so I can't get an authenticator. The account is in his name, but it's on my battle.net. Think they'll help me fix this by splitting his account off or something?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lulfas View Post
    Maybe you can answer a fast question then. I'm afraid to bring it up on the blizzard. My son has an account of his own, and when the battle.net thing came around, I merged it into mine thinking it would let me keep an eye on him. However, he spends a lot of time at his mom's house, and so I can't get an authenticator. The account is in his name, but it's on my battle.net. Think they'll help me fix this by splitting his account off or something?

Err shit I just re-read that. Technically if your son is a minor he can't have an acct in his name. You can call billing & try to get it fixed, I believe they will work with you to get it in your name instead.

At that point they will merge the account to a dif email address so you can hook up an authenticator. We just went through that part with the husband being in Afghanistan & the kid using the second account here.
    Last edited by Kyra231; 01-02-2010 at 08:32 PM.