Thread: Face-Palm of the Day

Default Face-Palm of the Day

Bolded below for Significance...

A trust fund run by the United Auto Workers union would also have a 17.5% stake in the new GM, as well as the right to buy an additional 2.5% stake. UAW President Ron Gettelfinger said earlier this month the company hopes to sell its stake in GM as soon as possible.

Article describing GM "reorganization" and the various ownership stakes:
    http://money.cnn.com/2009/05/28/news...ders/index.htm

I consider it a face-palm that the UAW will be attempting to sell their stake in GM ... when they were a major factor in how GM descended into bankruptcy.

Kind of telling when even the UAW doesn't want stake in a company staffed with UAW workers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolwynn View Post
    Kind of telling when even the UAW doesn't want stake in a company staffed with UAW workers.
    Kind of standard financial advice to not have all your eggs in one basket.

I think GM has bigger problems than the UAW not wanting to be a stakeholder.

The only thing I care about is when Chevy is sent to the auction block that it stabilizes extremely quickly. If any dealerships for Chevy get reorganized to more than .5 miles away, then I will be all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILvkEHQPHHg
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jorddyn View Post

Like the UAW as... EMPLOYEES?!?

I love how the US Government has given unions big chunks of both automakers now without any fiscal investment.

BOTH companies should have done what I said from day 1.. go through bankruptcy and restructure all contracts.. including the stifling union ones.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanteax View Post
    Like the UAW as... EMPLOYEES?!?
    That'd be one of 'em.

Unions were a great thing for improving safety and for getting laws passed regarding wages and time off. The problem is, that's all government mandated, so now they have to get even more to prove their usefulness.

So, they negotiate, they strike, they get more. And two years later everyone is sick of paying dues for a union who isn't getting them more (again), so it starts over. It can't continue forever.

That said, I do feel for the retired members of the UAW who had been promised and were counting on a lifetime of healthcare (which is where this stock is going, if I understand correctly). I don't blame them for realizing the ship is sinking and they want out, even though their extra weight helped bring the ship down.

That'd be one of 'em.

Unions were a great thing for improving safety and for getting laws passed regarding wages and time off. The problem is, that's all government mandated, so now they have to get even more to prove their usefulness.

So, they negotiate, they strike, they get more. And two years later everyone is sick of paying dues for a union who isn't getting them more (again), so it starts over. It can't continue forever.

That said, I do feel for the retired members of the UAW who had been promised and were counting on a lifetime of healthcare (which is where this stock is going, if I understand correctly). I don't blame them for realizing the ship is sinking and they want out, even though their extra weight helped bring the ship down.
    I agree with everything you stated here. Holy hell, the world IS coming to an end.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

I agree there was a time and place for the Unions, where much of the reforms they got into place are now government-mandated.

Ideally the retired members of the UAW would understand if that they try to dump GM stock *now* while it's *already down*, they're going to see *even less* from it.

(I draw a parallel to the "credit crunch" ~ where a series of loans being called prompted a cascade reaction in declining liquidity available.)

Ideally the retired members of the UAW would understand if that they try to dump GM stock *now* while it's *already down*, they're going to see *even less* from it.
    Because now they'll magically do something that isn't wholly self-serving, and a detrimental expense to its members and the company worked for?

Heh, pull the other one.