Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seeking Advice for Archer Mage

You might want to try other areas before you give up on your build entirely. Some areas and critters just aren't worth the effort, others will be much easier in turn. Maybe give Stone Valley a try, and for real fun get an air-attuned e-bladed mattock or the like to use there.

If AS is a problem, couldn't you just 505, 909, 912, or 410 before starting the haste/claidh rapefest? And are you training in CMs like a good melee warmage?

Besides, AS is going to be worse with Archery. You're not only going to have to train in ranged for the same amount of TPs, but training in Ambush for additional AS costs more than training in CM for a wizard, so that will suck in the long run. Obviously you'd only 2x in perception until cap comes around and you want to pump AS, but still.

Let's not forget the fact if something manages to hit you and break your arm/hand you can't fire anymore.

Don't get me wrong. I love archery. But I'm a rogue, and at times I wish I had 425. (Yes, I'm currently training to get it)
    Last edited by Renian; 07-03-2008 at 12:05 PM.

I use archery for my young wizard and its a blast. Haste + 5x bow/5x arrows = a shit storm of death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kranar View Post
    If you can't handle some offensive content on a real time message board, then don't read them.
    Tough times never last but tough people do. -Robert H Schuller.

If AS is a problem, couldn't you just 505, 909, 912, or 410 before starting the haste/claidh rapefest? And are you training in CMs like a good melee warmage?
    For critters that tend to resist those, there's 415 and 519 as well.

The area your hunting (forest ogres) is the 55-65 stomping ground of Illistim your next stop is Skull Temple or Griffin keen, you will almost certainly choose skull temple unless you switch to bow and even then you will prob still go to skull temple. Skull temple has dogmatists, heirophants and muscular supplicants, its one of the easiest post 50 hunting grounds in the game especially for wizards. After that is the tower which is THE easiest post 50 hunting ground in the game. Ogres can be annoying but really just 505 the vipers onto the floor if you must or skip them entirely, they have no treasure and spit poison, screw them and focus on the ogres. I dont think your weapon is the problem its that your not picking your battles.
    Last edited by g++; 07-03-2008 at 12:21 PM.

Ogres was extremely easy, skull temple was extremely easy, the keen was extremely easy.

What exactly is your hunting style. Walk me through a basic setup/kill for a particular area. I still remember enough of the game and those areas that I can tell you how I was killing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkein View Post
    That is some weird shit.

Well I wouldent go as far as to say keen is extremely easy...those random lightning waves fried my ass out of no-where pretty often. Its not extremely hard but I would say its a pretty dangerous area.

Quote Originally Posted by g++ View Post
    Well I wouldent go as far as to say keen is extremely easy...those random lightning waves fried my ass out of no-where pretty often. Its not extremely hard but I would say its a pretty dangerous area.
    Really?

I think I could count on one hand, with fingers left over, the number of death's in that place that weren't a result of me trying something stupid.
    That is some weird shit.

I dont know maybe we were doing something differently, or maybe the fact that I hunted it with a cleric mostly (And thus stood in front of them much longer). Anyway yah I died quite a bit in that area.

Ahh. I was generally solo hunting in there. Would CM training matter?
    That is some weird shit.