Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush asks Congress to clear way for offshore oil drilling

I'm aware it takes time to actually set up the process to extract oil (hence my "lets see some evidence that this will actually do anything to lower oil prices presently").

The point is that this does nothing to address the underlying cause of our problems: Increasing demand along with a finite supply. This disincentives (omg buzz word) the creation of alternative energy markets and ultimately makes us dependent on oil even longer. That's what i mean by "Quick fix" because it doesn't do anything in the long run and only has a momentary political benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gan View Post
    And be advised that it took about a 15 second search function, 30 seconds to cut and paste onto a 3 second google image search of a random cheerleader and another 30 seconds to upload and image it from photobucket. I would say it was a humorously quite rewarding for the 78 seconds I spent creating it. You should post more pictures - they could be great sources of entertainment here.
    Thats the great thing about math. You can come to any solution using many different methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I'm aware it takes time to actually set up the process to extract oil (hence my "lets see some evidence that this will actually do anything to lower oil prices presently").

The point is that this does nothing to address the underlying cause of our problems: Increasing demand along with a finite supply. This disincentives (omg buzz word) the creation of alternative energy markets and ultimately makes us dependent on oil even longer. That's what i mean by "Quick fix" because it doesn't do anything in the long run and only has a momentary political benefit.
    So if it doesnt affect prices presently - exactly how does that disincentivize future investement in alternative energy markets?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kranar View Post
    If you can't handle some offensive content on a real time message board, then don't read them.
    Tough times never last but tough people do. -Robert H Schuller.

Presently, It gives the illusion to the market that there are sufficient resources in the market to sustain the economy. Thus, keeping pressure off the people who really need to be pushed (The government) to do what needs to be done (Invest in infrastructure).
    And be advised that it took about a 15 second search function, 30 seconds to cut and paste onto a 3 second google image search of a random cheerleader and another 30 seconds to upload and image it from photobucket. I would say it was a humorously quite rewarding for the 78 seconds I spent creating it. You should post more pictures - they could be great sources of entertainment here.
    Thats the great thing about math. You can come to any solution using many different methods.

Tell me: When you read my post, did you even make an attempt to put it into context or you know...comprehend what I said?

Serious question.

Show me where I didn't understand it. Seriously, you need a new schtick. When you post something obviously retarded, you chalk it up to the reader not being able to understand it.

So, because I am bored right now.. let's go through the insightful post in question, shall we?

Yea! that's right! Don't address the root causes of the problem, but instead look for quick fixes that won't actually do anything and use the profitability of companies as your justification!

That's an awesome idea!!

/italics
    Hey... by the way, if you need help with how to properly use italics, let me know. I think we can both agree that this was stupid and could and should be skipped over. Let's go forward to your 'serious' part...

You do realize that the profits of oil companies is not exactly high on the list of concerns for the average american right?
    Again.. it's clear you know almost nothing about business or profits. I'll put a picture here in hopes that it's easier for you to understand:

But instead of concentrating the whole pea sized brain you have on the evil profits those evil oil companies make.. maybe you should concentrate on the price of oil.. which is clearly high on the list of concerns for the average American. Price of gas is up over a dollar a gallon from a year ago.

Post something about how it will actually lower prices of gas presently. That might actually be relevant.
    I've already posted this:

JUST saying that we're going to start drilling our own reserves will immediately have a positive affect on the speculation price of oil.
    Which is far more than you have posted regarding the reduction of oil prices.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Show me where I didn't understand it. Seriously, you need a new schtick.
    How about the part where I didn't say anything about oil company profits, but instead focused on the fact that using the profitibility of oil extraction is not exactly the best tactic to convince people that it's a good idea, as people don't give a fuck about oil company profits (at best).

I've already posted this:

Which is far more than you have posted regarding the reduction of oil prices.
    Is this straight out of the "Wishful thinking" economic textbook?
    Last edited by Daniel; 06-18-2008 at 02:11 PM.

Presently, It gives the illusion to the market that there are sufficient resources in the market to sustain the economy. Thus, keeping pressure off the people who really need to be pushed (The government) to do what needs to be done (Invest in infrastructure).
    Presetnly there is not an offshore deepwater field that can sustain a 20mbpd consumption habit. If someone is fooled by the illusion that the prohibited offshore fields would sustain such a consumption level (or even an declining level) then they dont need to be in any position within public administration (politics).

I can see where some would say this is a political sham during an election year. And I would agree that this is the same political stunt that was used when the prohibition to offshore fields was enacted.

I would consider this simply as a righting a previous wrong, removing government interference from the petrolium market, and allowing oil companies to drill, further explore, refine deepwater drilling technologies/techiniques during live drilling (not simulation), and produce a marketable resource for those efforts.
    Last edited by Gan; 06-18-2008 at 02:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kranar View Post
    If you can't handle some offensive content on a real time message board, then don't read them.
    Tough times never last but tough people do. -Robert H Schuller.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Serious question. Since drilling around the Floria coastline is an actual topic how do you feel about it?
    I have no problem with it IF IT'S DONE PROPERLY. The last thing we want to do is hurt the tourism in Florida, which is our #1 business. But I'm damn sure we can do it safer and cleaner than who is planning on doing now.. the Cubans and the Chinese.

We are already drilling in the Gulf, and the distance will be far enough away from the coast of Florida so you wouldn't see the platforms from shore.

I'm all for it.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Presetnly there is not an offshore deepwater field that can sustain a 20mbpd consumption habit. If someone is fooled by the illusion that the prohibited offshore fields would sustain such a consumption level (or even an declining level) then they dont need to be in any position within public administration (politics).

I can see where some would say this is a political sham during an election year. And I would agree that this is the same political stunt that was used when the prohibition to offshore fields was enacted.

I would consider this simply as a righting a previous wrong, removing government interference from the petrolium market, and allowing oil companies to drill, further explore, refine deepwater drilling technologies/techiniques during live drilling (not simulation), and produce a marketable resource for those efforts.
    Yea. Except that's not how it's being presented.

How about the part where I didn't say anything about oil company profits, but instead focused on the fact that using the profitibility of oil extraction is not exactly the best tactic to convince people that it's a good idea, as people don't give a fuck about oil company profits (at best).
    Are you kidding me? Did you really just post "I never said oil company profits, I said profitability of oil"

Oh, and you should edit out your original post that clearly stated "the profitability of companies"

This is for you.

Is this straight out of the "Wishful thinking" economic textbook?
    Are you even familiar with the term "speculation" and it's role in the price of crude oil?
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 06-18-2008 at 02:19 PM. Reason: fix
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Are you familiar with the term "Sticky prices"?

Are you familiar with the different actors in the economic market and the difference that wall street and consumers have on different markets?

Since you can't quote:

Are you kidding me? Did you really just post "I never said oil company profits, I said profitability of oil"

This is for you.
    No. I just used the "I didn't make a complaint about oil company profits" I pointed out that the justification you gave for a policy was completely irrelevant and wasn't likely to get any traction with people who have the slightest bit of intelligence.

Thanks for trying though.

Last edited by Daniel; 06-18-2008 at 02:20 PM.