Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Stalled Out

Leetahkin Guest

Default Stalled Out

I'm sure I'll hear both good and bad (and indifferent) about me being back to the boards. I deserve any and all of it, for the simple fact that I reacted in haste instead of thinking things through.

I spoke with someone the other day, who mentioned that they hadn't seen me around here. It gave me pause, and sort of woke me up to what I had been doing. I had been running from something I had done. I was allowing my screw ups and shame to run me from these boards, which I enjoyed coming to and posting on.

Right now, I don't think it is appropriate for me to leave here. This is my social outlet; these boards gave me different ways to look at situations. It gave me a way of socializing when I don't anywhere else.

It's extremely important that I have any form of social group at this time in my life. I'm currently in therapy for depression. Over the coming months, it will be discussed whether I have OCD, Bipolar Disorder, etc. All of these have been mentioned, but none ruled out yet.

I started on depression meds for the first time in my life, last night (a generic of Celexa). I started after much hesitation and avoidance of them as long as I could, as I don't think pills are always the answer for problems. Some of my concerns came out last night as I had a spaced-out feeling, and bumped around my apartment before putting myself to bed (I woke with a start at 3am. My light switch controls the outlet that I have my alarm clock plugged into, and in my haze last night I flipped the switch to turn off my desk lamp, killing the power to my alarm clock).

Another part of this, not sure how much this is affecting things though? I divorced a little over a year ago. You could probably compare my staying in the marriage to a spouse getting beaten by the other yet staying in the relationship. There was never abuse in that sort, but mental abuse. I had to deal with the knowledge that I was married to a Sexual Predator. A month after we married, he plead no contest to the charges. I was shocked he wouldn't fight the charges, but I stayed in the marriage. I was very dependent on it; I had never been on my own before.

Finally, last year, I got the courage to file for divorce and leave him. Being alone sucks for me. Big time. That could be causing this depression as well, being alone all the time. My leaving was starting my life over, at the age of 28. I'll be 30 in a few months, and I have no long term goals, no dreams, no plans for the future.

I've barely even stepped into Gemstone the past few weeks. Last time I did, Ent died and I had to rotate bringing in my two little ones to save her, and killing them in the process too a few times before getting Ent back to town. I'm losing interest in a game I've enjoyed for so long, and it's worrisome to me. I read how people are training their characters to new levels, and I feel like she's getting so far behind. But I don't have the motivation or energy.. or happy feelings... to step in the lands.

And there you have it. Everyone has skeletons that stare at you from your closet - here's some of mine that keep opening my closet door.

Well, it certainly speaks volumes about your character to go from 'Unregistered' to 'Member.'

The end.
    Razzle them. Dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

Another childish little spat that I apparently wasn't here for. Anyone care to give me the juicy details?
    Xcalibur - The fool that enter a fool's game is fooler.
    PB - 9000 is 95% of 18000

Leetahkin Guest

Originally posted by Bobmuhthol

Well, it certainly speaks volumes about your character to go from 'Unregistered' to 'Member.'

The end.
    Kranar reinstated me. I don't know why it says unregistered again

It does not say unregistered. You missed my point. As well you should have.
    Razzle them. Dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

Welcome back Nobody Cares. I have no ill feelings towards you.

Welcome home.

PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

I can certainly say that I know where you're coming from on a few issues. It's very grown up of you to come here and admit what you did and your knee-jerk reaction.

All that aside, however, it's only right to tell you that people will still judge you on those issues, no matter what you do. You did something that an impromptu forum (such as this one) could use against you. You then admitted a vulnerability, and there will be people who will use that, if nothing else than to make you feel uncomfortable in an argument.

Whether you stay or go or how important this community is to you, is less important than viewing the situation, (which granted, I know little about), in a realistic sense. This situation may offer you a realistic way to test coping skills gleaned in therapy, so something positive may come of it after all.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.
    -M
    "We are the change that we've been screaming for."
    - Strung Out, Mission Statement

If you receive rep signed -M, it's probably from me... or one of the other three people using the same signature. In the scheme of things though, do you really care?

Welcome back.

Luck to you in getting things back on track.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kranar View Post
    If you can't handle some offensive content on a real time message board, then don't read them.
    Tough times never last but tough people do. -Robert H Schuller.

What ElanthianSiren said.
    Hope everything works out for you.

Originally posted by Nobody Cares
    I read how people are training their characters to new levels, and I feel like she's getting so far behind.
    Don't worry. There are always folks like me that level like once a year.

And welcome back.
    Quote Originally Posted by longshot View Post
    I feel like Backlash is a baby sea turtle in every thread he jumps in- you want to root for the little guy to make it, but you just know he's going to get eaten before he ever tastes the ocean.