Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Tax cuts + spending != a healthy economy.

Short run = yes

Long run = no
    Grandpa taught me arbitrage.

The argument's a bit deeper than that, Parkbandit. You have the issue whether the Fed's influence is credited to the President or a skilled Fed chairman. You have the issue of whether the legislative gets credit or the executive. You also have the issue of whether if a President's influence extends that far you draw it to the conclusive point... it suggests that a lot of things that Republicans have claimed credit for are actually the results of Democratic presidents as much as the opposite.

Me, I never claimed that the economy of Clinton years was all his work... but I also didn't claim that it was clearly due to Reagan.

[Edited on 9-27-2005 by Warriorbird]

Originally posted by Yswithe
    I think that what we're missing here is why certain segments of our society are living below the poverty line, and why certain are living above it.
    The answers to these question go far beyond the scope of simply the economy, tax cuts, or even spending.

Hint: We can start with education and its qualities as well as inequalities for one. The answers are broad and numerous and another topic altogether.
    Your sister's HOT, but your Mom does that thing with her tongue.

Originally posted by Warriorbird
    Short run = yes

Long run = no
    Grandpa taught me arbitrage.

The argument's a bit deeper than that, Parkbandit. You have the issue whether the Fed's influence is credited to the President or a skilled Fed chairman. You have the issue of whether the legislative gets credit or the executive. You also have the issue of whether if a President's influence extends that far you draw it to the conclusive point... it suggests that a lot of things that Republicans have claimed credit for are actually the results of Democratic presidents as much as the opposite.

Me, I never claimed that the economy of Clinton years was all his work... but I also didn't claim that it was clearly due to Reagan.
    I don't think Clinton did much in his term to create the environment for the economic prosperity that happened in his term. It has also been shown that Clinton actually hurt the economy for a little bit by his 1993 Tax hike (not sure if it was '93.. just off the top of my head).

I'm certain that it wasn't all Reagan as no one person can control the economy of a superpower like the US.. but I believe much of the groundwork that was laid during his administration paved the way for the boon of the Clinton years.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

To a certain degree, I can buy that. Clinton getting elected due to the recession under Bush 1 was also pretty clearly laid out during the Reagan years.

It's a double edged sword. It doesn't cut cleanly.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Anyone wanna guess how long it'll take before we get a President who see's the truth behind that statement?

Does it take take an economics major to realize that what our country is doing will shortly lead us to disaster, especially when combined with the travesty (read: conspiracy) of oil futures?

I wonder how long you or I might last running amock with our personal debt, before our credit is taken away, and our purcheses are similairly revoked.
    Some economist is going to come up with smoe kind of obscure theory why its good. No doubt.

Guess who economists work for? Yep.

Nationalization of a countries resources is the way things should go, and people need to realize that.

Greenspan may be fiscally conservative, but he is the man appointed by the Dems to keep a finger on the economy.
    OMG a TWOFER
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Holy necro thread Batman!
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    OMG a TWOFER
    wHy ArE yOu StAlKiNg OmG OmG OmG oMg?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿? ¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿
    Last edited by Methais; 01-28-2020 at 10:19 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible