Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Conservatives Can Read This If They Really Want To Now

Default Conservatives Can Read This If They Really Want To Now

In essence.... America deserves someone who is a uniter rather than a divider on the Supreme Court... someone like Sandra Day O'Connor rather than like Scalia. This is from moveon.org. I urge you to share it with anyone you know who would be receptive and to sign the petition yourselves.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Subject: O'Connor is retiring. Take action to protect our rights.

Hi,

As you probably heard, Sandra Day O'Connor just resigned from the Supreme Court. This is an extremely important time for our senators to hear from us. They need to know that we are counting on them to stand up to President Bush and protect our rights -- because with a moderate like O'Connor stepping down and a far-right like Bush making the nomination, well, the stakes couldn't be higher. The Terri Schiavo tragedy showed us all just how far these people are willing to go.

MoveOn PAC has already started an emergency petition, and we're looking to get 250,000 signatures and comments to the Senate before Tuesday -- which is when rumor has it Bush will announce his nomination.

I hope you can take a minute to join me in signing this petition, so our senators know that, in what might be the fight of our lives, we need them to do what it takes to protect our rights.

http://www.moveonpac.org/protectourrights

Thanks!

[Edited on 7-7-2005 by Warriorbird]

I am no lover of Bush but moveon.org puts the B in Biased. We need a strict constructionist to replace Sandra Day O'Connor.

For the record the Judges and courts in the Terry Schiavo matter sided with her husband.
    Parkbandit: "I'm now Rush Limbaugh? I'm flattered actually"

Daniel: "If you want I can ask my mom at the U of Chicago"

I got the same kind of petition from my family about it being more conservative. I'm against going to either of the sides.

I'm not sure why Terry was mentioned since the courts sided with the husband and didn't want to prolong the issue.

I'm rooting for Alberto Gonzalez myself.

So let me get this straight... you want to protest a nomination before it's even been made? You don't know who might be nominated, but you're already fighting against him/her?

Heh... it would be amusing if it wasn't so predictable and sad.
    [Private - Zerroth (faint)]: "I am about three seconds away from tying your scrawny self to a large piece of wood, having one of my statues carry it at knee height, and watching you dangle pathetically as I amuse myself by kicking you in the face with a spiked boot."

I suggested conservatives not read this. I make no claims that moveon.org is anything other than extremely biased. With that stated, I don't think you can make any claims otherwise yourself, Xandalf.

Originally posted by xtc
    We need a strict constructionist to replace Sandra Day O'Connor.
    We need Alberto Gonzales.

Yeah,...constitution, what constitution?
    But this one goes to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by GS3Chica
    (6:54 PM): dont make me SHATTER YOUR FACE
    Rep. John Murtha on Cheney and Bush:
    I like guys who've never been there who criticize us who've been there...I like that. I like guys who got five deferments and never been there and sent people to war and then don't like to hear suggestions that what may need to be done.

LMAO.

"If I put 'Another post Conservatives Shouldn't Read' in the topic title, I'm covered if anyone calls me on the bullshit I'm posting."

Sure.

Great source.. that Moveon.org
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

I never said it wasn't biased. I don't typically call your Drudge report dredged posts "bullshit." I could start. It isn't a "source" but a petition I'm advocating for.

The attention is helpful though. Thanks.

[Edited on 7-5-2005 by Warriorbird]

Earth to old man. Obviously it's a biased source and biased post. Hence the title of the post and the admission that it's from moveon.org.
    [11:16] Harmnone: Wezas, shut the fuck up
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobmuhthol
    My girlfriend plays World of Warcraft better than I do.
    Favorite myspace site: http://myspace.com/badtie