Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Uploaded ;thunder and ;struck

Default Uploaded ;thunder and ;struck

Okay so the scripts on the repo don't actually do anything yet because I'm still working on them, but the scripts will be ready real soon now!

So what will these scripts do? Creates a window which will display the health, mana, stamina, spirit, status (bleeding, prone, diseased, etc), current bounty info, and current Lich room number of each of your characters.

"How does this differ from your other script ;party-buddy?" I hear you asking. ;party-buddy uses group whispers so the script can be used in any party, whether that party is all of your characters or characters played by different people. Using group whispers also poses some limitations, such as needing to be in the same room as everyone else for the script to operate.

For ;thunder and ;struck, one character uses ;thunder which essentially sets up a server on your computer and all other characters use ;struck which connects to the server ;thunder created. This allows your characters to communicate with one another all on your computer, so no in game whispers or messaging is required, meaning characters can be in any part of the game world and still communicate with one another.

The script also tracks the status of the server itself, who is connected, when someone connects, disconnects, and more! It keeps a log of characters connecting/disconnecting as well as a log of messages received for troubleshooting purposes.

You can also send a command to all of your characters or just one specific character and the targeted character(s) will perform that command in game. Want all of your characters to get a bounty? Just type in "ask Hal about bounty" in the box and click "Send" and all of your characters will ask for a bounty.

Version history:
    Version 1: Initial release!
    Version 2: Sending a command from ;thunder that starts with either 'script' or ';' will start a lich script.
    Version 2: Example: script go2 400 and ;go2 400 would both work.
    Version 3: Script now tracks more status conditions and will now track multiple status conditions. You can now see if a character is bleeding AND stunned. Or even bleeding, stunned, and sleeping!
    Version 3: Script can now track the field experience of all characters.
    Version 3: Script can now track the encumbrance of all characters.
    Version 3: You can now send commands to clients via ;send, because clicking buttons is too much work.
    To send a command to everyone do: ;send t all <command> || example: ;send t all wave
    To send a command to a specific character do: ;send t <name> <command> || example ;send t dreaven wave
    Works for scripts too! ;send t Dreaven ;go2 bank
    You can also partially match a character's name. Example: ;send t dre wave
    Version 4: The Settings tab is now scrollable, so be sure to scroll to the bottom if you don't see the "Save" button. Now without the Settings stretching out the window it means you can make the Main window smaller now if you want.
    Version 4: You now have the option of having the Stats tab and the Logs tab in their own separate windows, or hiding the tab/window altogether.
    Version 4: Added a Monitor tab which can monitor the game lines of a client as well as the scripts that client is currently running. Monitor also has the option of being a tab, being in its own window, or being hidden.
    Version 4: Added option to hide the Settings tab. If tab is hidden then start script as ;thunder set to show the tab again.
    Version 5: Fixed regex issue with gem bounties.
    Version 6: Changing window size, Characters/Row, or any stat tab (Health, Mana, Room #, etc) setting will now take effect immediately so you can see what the changes would look like without needing to restart the script. NOTE: The settings are still only saved when you click the "Save" button and you should still restart the script once you are satisfied with the changes and after you have clicked the "Save" button.
    Version 6: Created an Info tab. This tab allows you to create specific commands to send to your characters and they will report back with the information the command requested. This information is then displayed in a list with your characters' names and the information they sent. For example: You could send a command that would tell your characters to do BANK ACCOUNT and report back with their total silvers in all banks. Or you can have your characters do RESOURCES and report back with their Voln Favor, or their Current Weekly Resources gathered, or their Total Resources Gathered. Or you can have your characters do INFO and report back with their Strength Stat. The choice is yours! Get to creating some commands!
    Version 7: Information in the Info tab can now be sorted either alphabetically by your characters' names, or by the value of the information. If the value is a number then it will be sorted from smallest number to largest number. If the value is not a number then it will be sorted alphabetically by the value.
    Version 7: You can now send commands to other characters by doing: ;thun(der) <name> <command>.
    ;thun is mandatory, d, e, and r are optional, so ;thun, ;thund, ;thunde, ;thunder all work.
    Example: ;thun dreaven wave
    You can still use ;send t dreaven wave
    Both work now and you can still use shorted names, such as: ;thun dreav wave
    Version 8: Fixed bug with script showing 1000 or "PLACEHOLDER" for every stat if you started up ;thunder without ever clicking the "Save" button. Now the script will work with the default settings regardless if you click the "Save" button or not.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 04-24-2024 at 07:06 PM.

I hope the names of the scripts were not on accident and actually referencing this amazing song.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post

I hope the names of the scripts were not on accident and actually referencing this amazing song.
    Well I have another script named ;dirty-deeds.

I used to really enjoy the Thunderstruck drinking game at tailgates/parties. Good times... for most people.
    Discord: anebriated

Looking for old characters:
    Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

Pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Well I have another script named ;dirty-deeds.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Okay for realises this time, I have uploaded the working versions of both ;thunder and ;struck.

You need to download the script ;struck and run it for any character that you want to connect to the server created by running this script.

This script essentially creates a server on your computer so all of your characters can communicate with one another, no matter where they are in the game world.

This script also creates a window which shows a lot of information about your characters; such as their health, stamina, mana, current bounty, Lich room number, and more!

The script also tracks which characters are connected to the server, which ones have disconnected, and which ones have become unresponsive.

You can also send commands to all of your characters or just one character and those character(s) will perform those actions, just as if you entered the command manually in their game window.

There are various settings so you can make the script work just the way you want it.

Be sure to start this script first on the character you want to act as the server, then start the script ;struck on any character you want to connect to the server.

Updates already?! You betcha!

You need to download both ;thunder and ;struck to make use of this new feature:

Version 2: Sending a command from ;thunder that starts with either 'script' or ';' will start a lich script.
    Version 2: Example: script go2 400 and ;go2 400 would both work.

Hah, if these reported mind state, I'd replace the dashboards I've been working on for each client using grids with this.