Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Pick'em: Week 13

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    No doubt the Seahawks are not the 49ers, but technically a winning team right now. Again I say the Cowboys just haven’t played many winning teams this year. I’d also argue that the 49ers are not the same kind of winning team they were at the beginning of the season.
    They were without Deebo Samuel during that middle stretch where they lost 3 games... but their last 3 games, they have outscored their opponents 92-30 and that includes the amazing Seattle Seahawks 31-13...

I’m not going to beg for respect like Solkern or anything. I’m just trying to get y’all to see the light. Cheering and celebrating the Cowboys = cheering & celebrating America. Don’t you guys love our country?
    I don't think a Cowboys win vs. the Seahawks is something to get excited for... but feel free. Your 2023 disappointment will be even more delicious.
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 11-29-2023 at 02:20 PM.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

I’ll admit that I do like me some Deebo.

Its not that we dislike the Cowboys, ok I kind of do but in a rival kind of way, its that the only people who think its America's team are Cowboy fans. The shtick may have worked when they were actually good but like America they've been on a steady decline since the 90's.... maybe they really are America's team...

That said I think the Cowboys are clearly in the conversation for best in the NFC. Id say 3rd for obvious reasons, and I think the drop off between 3 and 4 is pretty steep. Like I said a few weeks ago we will probably split our season series. At the end of the day we will need to see the Cowboys actually play well into the colder weather which they havent done in years past, and Dak really doesn't have a good record against top teams.
    Discord: anebriated

Looking for old characters:
    Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

Quote Originally Posted by Anebriated View Post
    Its not that we dislike the Cowboys, ok I kind of do but in a rival kind of way, its that the only people who think its America's team are Cowboy fans. The shtick may have worked when they were actually good but like America they've been on a steady decline since the 90's.... maybe they really are America's team...

That said I think the Cowboys are clearly in the conversation for best in the NFC. Id say 3rd for obvious reasons, and I think the drop off between 3 and 4 is pretty steep. Like I said a few weeks ago we will probably split our season series. At the end of the day we will need to see the Cowboys actually play well into the colder weather which they havent done in years past, and Dak really doesn't have a good record against top teams.
    They are a microcosm of America. It’s worth noting though they declined from being a dominant dynasty in the 90s to mediocrity. With the exception of a couple years in the late 90s / early 2000s they still have remained competitive in the NFL but a mere shadow of the greatness they once were.

I agree with just about everything you said in the second paragraph. On paper and stats this year they are a great team, but to be taken seriously they need to prove it in the games that matter & break free from the curse that has plagued the team for decades. Only then can the Cowboys finally censure Stephen A. Smith.

Its not that we dislike the Cowboys
    Who's this "we" you are referring to?

I dislike the Cowboys, very, very much.

Also, I dislike the Eagles, very, very much as well.

PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

The Cowboys are basically Uncle Rico reliving their glory days on repeat but the only real threat is probably as a sexual predator

Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

The Cowboys are basically Uncle Rico reliving their glory days on repeat but the only real threat is probably as a sexual predator

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Who's this "we" you are referring to?

I dislike the Cowboys, very, very much.

Also, I dislike the Eagles, very, very much as well.

I used to hate the Giants, but honestly they haven’t been a threat in a long time. They’re like babies playing football. I can’t hate a baby. Except for Eli. He was a little bitch baby.

Tampa I’m totally neutral. I’ve been to Tampa a few times and like the state of Florida. I like the way the stadium looks where the Bucs play though I’ve never been.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    I used to hate the Giants, but honestly they haven’t been a threat in a long time. They’re like babies playing football. I can’t hate a baby. Except for Eli. He was a little bitch baby.
    The last time the Cowboys were even in the SB was what.. 1995? The Giants have been to 3 Superbowls and won 2 of them since that time.

Tampa I’m totally neutral. I’ve been to Tampa a few times and like the state of Florida. I like the way the stadium looks where the Bucs play though I’ve never been.
    Tampa is a great town and I love the new stadium.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

I hate Ronde Barber. The rest of Tampa is cool. I go every couple years and hit clearwater for a phillies spring training game.

Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard