Page 114 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1213

Thread: Israel at War?

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    I’m still confused on why people keep claiming being a Jew is a race, it’s not, it’s a religion.
    You're confused?

Who claimed being a Jew is a race?

Thanks for your contributions.... we will just chalk this up to "you tried"

PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Not exactly. Jewish people is a ethnicity that traces its origins to the Israelites.. The majority of Jews practice Judaism and it is very much interrelated.
    This. The term Jew is both an ethnicity and religion. Their religion is founded on the belief that God’s chose people are the descendants of Abraham.

Jew
    noun
    a member of the people and cultural community whose traditional religion is Judaism and who trace their origins through the ancient Hebrew people of Israel to Abraham.

Rocktar, I got no leg in this race and have always found my interactions with you to be pleasant on the PC. The weekly reminders though…they kinda resemble Bhaalizmo‘s fuck Donald Trump weekly thread posts. (By the way, what happened to him and why did he stop?)

Totally agree with you that supporting Hamas is morally reprehensible & should be called out. Your heart is in the right place but I prefer not see you go down the same path. You’re better than that.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 02-07-2024 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Not exactly. Jewish people is a ethnicity that traces its origins to the Israelites.. The majority of Jews practice Judaism and it is very much interrelated.
    One can become Jewish, one cannot become black, unless you’re a woke leftist I suppose.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    This. The term Jew is both an ethnicity and religion. Their religion is founded on the belief that God’s chose people are the descendants of Abraham.

Jew
    noun
    a member of the people and cultural community whose traditional religion is Judaism and who trace their origins through the ancient Hebrew people of Israel to Abraham.
    Great article about it.

Why Racial Classification Doesn’t Work

The idea of race — whether applied to Jews or another group — is itself a problem. Generally used today to denote categories of people based on certain shared characteristics, typically physical appearance, this method of categorization was once prevalent in the scientific community. But many scientists now believe that differentiating human populations on the basis of shared physical traits is obsolete and that racial categories are primarily social constructs with little correlation to anything scientists can measure.

Even if that were not the case, on the basis of the definition above, Jews would not qualify as a race. Though many modern Jews may trace their genetics to a particular ancient Jewish community, and some common genetic features are still detectable among diverse Jewish populations, centuries of dispersion among other racial and ethic groups have broadened the Jewish gene pool to an extent that it’s impossible to identify a common set of genetic markers that biologically distinguish Jews from others. Even as far back as biblical times, Jews have possessed, and passed on, genetic markers that came from outside the community.

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/art...e-jews-a-race/
    Last edited by Solkern; 02-07-2024 at 11:44 AM.
    The idiot award goes to…

The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Rocktar, I got no leg in this race and have always found my interactions with you to be pleasant on the PC. The weekly reminders though…they kinda resemble Bhaalizmo‘s fuck Donald Trump weekly thread posts. (By the way, what happened to him and why did he stop?)

Totally agree with you that supporting Hamas is morally reprehensible & should be called out. Your heart is in the right place but I prefer not see you go down the same path. You’re better than that.
    Trump caused his meltdown.. Trump is no longer President, so maybe he self soothed himself. He even stopped posting his 98% naked women thread he has no chance of landing thread. Maybe he had a stroke or something..

Does anyone really care though? He was a poor man's Seran anyway.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

One can become Jewish, one cannot become black, unless you’re a woke leftist I suppose.
    Not really.

There are different variations of Judaism just like there are different denominations of Christianity. For Orthodox Jews, not just anyone can convert. You have to trace your ancestry to Abraham by having a Jew in your family tree. Likewise, look at modern day Israel’s immigration policy. To be a citizen, you have to have Jewish ancestry on the mother’s side. I don’t know all the details because I’m not a Jew, but it’s an ethnicity & community as much as it is a religion. There are a fuck ton of Jews that are agnostic / atheist.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 02-07-2024 at 11:48 AM.

Great article about it.

Why Racial Classification Doesn’t Work

The idea of race — whether applied to Jews or another group — is itself a problem. Generally used today to denote categories of people based on certain shared characteristics, typically physical appearance, this method of categorization was once prevalent in the scientific community. But many scientists now believe that differentiating human populations on the basis of shared physical traits is obsolete and that racial categories are primarily social constructs with little correlation to anything scientists can measure.

Even if that were not the case, on the basis of the definition above, Jews would not qualify as a race. Though many modern Jews may trace their genetics to a particular ancient Jewish community, and some common genetic features are still detectable among diverse Jewish populations, centuries of dispersion among other racial and ethic groups have broadened the Jewish gene pool to an extent that it’s impossible to identify a common set of genetic markers that biologically distinguish Jews from others. Even as far back as biblical times, Jews have possessed, and passed on, genetic markers that came from outside the community.

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/art...e-jews-a-race/
    I’m still confused on why people keep using the term "irregardless" as if it were a word. It's not.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Not really.

There are different variations of Judaism just like there are different denominations of Christianity. For Orthodox Jews, not just anyone can convert. You have to trace your ancestry to Abraham by having a Jew in your family tree. Likewise, look at modern day Israel’s immigration policy. To be a citizen, you have to have Jewish ancestry on the mother’s side. I don’t know all the details because I’m not a Jew, but it’s an ethnicity & community as much as it is a religion. There are a fuck ton of Jews that are agnostic / atheist.
    I’ve heard differently, and there’s plenty of articles on the Internet that state that almost anyone can convert, and become Jewish even if they have no Jewish ancestry.
    The idiot award goes to…

An hour later:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I’m still confused on why people keep using the term "irregardless" as if it were a word. It's not.
    It is though.

Merriam-Webster says so.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam