Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Speakership

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    MAGA Republicans versus Mainstream Republicans, your party has created these people and their lunatic, disruptive behaviors, so why would you be surprised when you help vote them in office. These Trump darlings are just doing what you put them into office to do, disrupt.
    Why am I not surprised a tool like yourself would assume I am a republican. Your ignorance is once again on full display.

McCarthy started impeachment hearings against Biden, and then McCarthy got impeached by Republicans. This has been a big news day.

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    Why am I not surprised a tool like yourself would assume I am a republican. Your ignorance is once again on full display.
    If you're not a chronically unemployed extremely retarded pedo scumbag bottom feeding welfare leeching big government cuck, then Seran will automatically consider you a far right extremist.

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Anyone that is politically right of Xi Jinping is a “MAGA Republican” in Seran’s eyes.

Point out to me which one of the mainstream Republican talking points you spew out on a regular basis would lead anyone to believe you aren't one. I'm sure you'll spout off about being an Independent or Libertarian, but that's just an idiots way of denying they're a Republican.

As for the abortion thing, I guess it is pretty simple, how would you feel if someone assisted your children in going out of state to a religious camp without your permission. If they are adults, it is there business, I am very libertarian when it comes to things like that. I hate abortion but it does not involve me so I stay out of it.

If voting and owning firearms are both constitutionally protected rights and you have to provide a government ID to do one, how come you do not for the other one? And yes I realize that some places require an ID to vote, although not all of them are government issued apparently. In some places a student ID will suffice and since illegal migrants can go to school, then in theory they can vote......things that make you go hmmmmm

A 32 hour work week is ridiculous, but anebriated is right, if employees want it then they should settle for a 20% cut in pay, that seems pretty fair to me. Now, if you want to do 4 10 hour days instead, that makes a whole lot of sense to me. Not sure if they are still doing it, but East Baton Rouge employees were on a 4 day work week where 50% took off Monday and 50% took of Friday and everyone was there for the middle of the week. The people I spoke to seemed to like it
    Personally I cannot stand Trump, I think he is a blowhard that pushes away voters that the right needs and he is not nearly conservative enough. That being said, if he gets the nomination, I will hold my nose and vote for him because anything is better than the fool wandering around the Whitehouse eating ice cream right now.
    The Founding Fathers knew perfectly well that civilians constituted a militia, they had just fought and won a war with the Continental Army and militias made up from civilians normally organized by county and state. Massachusetts even passed legislation that said all men between 18 and 53 had to serve for 2 months a year, I hope I have that correct, it is from memory. So all the nonsense that liberals want to say the National Guard is the militia is just made up absurdities. The DOD provides equipment and the majority of the funding for Guard units, so how can what is a mostly DoD unit be a militia, does that mean that all military is militia? Pretty sure no one, not even squad member, well ok maybe them, would say the military is a militia.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Point out to me which one of the mainstream Republican talking points you spew out on a regular basis would lead anyone to believe you aren't one. I'm sure you'll spout off about being an Independent or Libertarian, but that's just an idiots way of denying they're a Republican.
    Is RFK Jr. actually a Republican since he is about to abandon the Democrat party to run as an Independent? I assure you his “talking points” are anything but mainstream Republican. About the only thing he has in common with the Rs is a mistrust in big pharma and acknowledging that the vax was ineffective.

Edit: I know you it’s beyond your comprehension to imagine someone not pledge their undying loyalty to a political party, but most of us normal folks see the flaws & corruption of a broken Post-Constitutional Republic in decay.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 10-03-2023 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Is RFK Jr. actually a Republican since he is about to abandon the Democrat party to run as an Independent? I assure you his “talking points” are anything but mainstream Republican. About the only thing he has in common with the Rs is a mistrust in big pharma and acknowledging that the vax was ineffective.

Edit: I know you it’s beyond your comprehension to imagine someone not pledge their undying loyalty to a political party, but most of us normal folks see the flaws & corruption of a broken Post-Constitutional Republic in decay.
    My favorite part of Seran's post was this quote:

Personally I cannot stand Trump, I think he is a blowhard that pushes away voters that the right needs and he is not nearly conservative enough. That being said, if he gets the nomination, I will hold my nose and vote for him because anything is better than the fool wandering around the Whitehouse eating ice cream right now.
    i.e. iF yOu DoN't VoTe BlUe No MaTtEr WhO tHeN yOu'Re A fAr RiGhT eXtReMiSt!!!!
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    The world today is a radically different world than it was in 1980. The pace of technological change today vs when Reagan was president is exponentially greater year over year. It's why we get Senate hearing on TikTok and Google where they're asking about how their phone works or their personal WiFi or random questions about their kids instead of important questions. I was an infant for Reagan but even inf my life the rate of change his hard to fathom so expecting someone who's an octogenarian to be able to keep up is unlikely. Not that they don't have a role in advising and relaying their historical context to a complex system of rules and measures but I think at a certain point there needs to be an understanding that people who don't keep up or can't keep up can't really govern a world they don't understand.
    I often struggle with assessing Reagan’s presidency. On one side of the coin he saved us from imminent economic collapse, had a massive part in defeating our sworn enemy the Soviet Union, and ushered in a new age of Americana that really did wonders for the enjoyment of my childhood. On the other side of the coin his economic policies greatly eroded the middle class, his foreign policies created new future enemies, and his war on drugs while allowing anti communist freedom fighters to profit from drug trade did immeasurable harm to the poor & especially black community.

One thing that nobody really disputes though is that at age 70 his witts were sharp as a razor blade & he can be counted in the top 5 greatest orators of the 20th Century (Hitler probably has him beat in that regard, and I’d put JFK about even).
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 10-03-2023 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    I often struggle with assessing Reagan’s presidency. On one side of the coin he saved us from imminent economic collapse, had a massive part in defeating our sworn enemy the Soviet Union, and ushered in a new age of Americana that really did wonders for the enjoyment of my childhood. On the other side of the coin his economic policies greatly eroded the middle class, his foreign policies created new future enemies, and his war on drugs while allowing anti communist freedom fighters to profit from drug trade did immeasurable harm to the poor & especially black community.

One thing that nobody really disputes though is that at age 70 his witts were sharp as a razor blade & he can be counted in the top 5 greatest orators of the 20th Century (Hitler probably has him beat in that regard, and I’d put JFK about even).
    At the beginning, most certainly. But at the end, he was struggling.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Texas Republican will nominate Trump for Speaker of the House

BY NICK ROBERTSON - 10/03/23 8:34 PM ET

Rep. Troy Nehls (R-Texas) announced late Tuesday that he will file paperwork to nominate former President Trump to be the next Speaker of the House.

“This week, when the U.S. House of Representatives reconvenes, my first order of business will be to nominate Donald J. Trump for Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives,” Nehls said in a statement. “President Trump, the greatest President of my lifetime, has a proven record of putting America First and will make the House great again.”
    Let the crying meltdowns begin. LULZ

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...-of-the-house/
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie