Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyranny of the ATF

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    It's almost as if the government of the United States is looking to enforce the laws that it passes. Shocker!
    Stop being a bootlicker
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    I can read.

If a Gemstone IV player sells an item from Ebon’s Gate a few years back and happens to make a profit since the item is more rare/valuable today, is that person a Gemstone IV dealer?

I have lots of guns. Many of those guns become increasingly more valuable over time. If I choose to sell one to a private individual that I do not know to be a felon, I shouldn’t be troubled with registering as a FFL. Instead, me as an example and a law abiding citizen, could now be charged with a felony for selling a gun to my neighbor. It’s important to understand Congress didn’t make or change the law. The ATF simply made a new rule and new definitions. You don’t have to be into guns to understand why that is wrong & concerning.

Yes I will be writing to the ATF as well. It’s a formality & spoiler alert: they don’t care nor will they change their mind. It’s like writing to the Soviet Gestapo.
    Ignorance is not an affirmative defense against breaking the law, it never has been. You seem to be implying through your argument that there is additional value to be had through an anonymous transaction, we'll set aside how morally questionable that is providing a deadly weapon to a potential felon for increase profit. You run the risk of being charged with a felony crime for NOT registering yourself as a dealer and doing the mandated checks required in private arms sales, that you think it is cumbersome and an undue burden. This is also not an affirmative defense. Well regulated is written plaintext into the second amendment, end of debate.
    Last edited by Seran; 09-02-2023 at 01:05 PM.

Ignorance is not an affirmative defense against breaking the law, it never has been. You seem to be implying through your argument that there is additional value to be had through an anonymous transaction, we'll set aside how morally questionable that is providing a deadly weapon to a potential felon for increase profit. You run the risk of being charged with a felony crime for NOT registering yourself as a dealer and doing the mandated checks required in private arms sales, that you think it is cumbersome and an undue burden. This is also not an affirmative defense. Well regulated is written plaintext into the second amendment, end of debate.
    Holy shit.

You do realize that the phrase "Well regulated militia" doesn't not mean the government should impose as many regulations on guns as they can... right?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Holy shit.

You do realize that the phrase "Well regulated militia" doesn't not mean the government should impose as many regulations on guns as they can... right?
    He doesn’t and refuses to acknowledge the evidence.

Holy shit.

He did say in a thread, I'm pretty sure sometime last year, that well regulated militia = run by the government, and everyone laughed and called him a retard, so he's already batting .000 before he even entered this thread.
    Last edited by Methais; 09-02-2023 at 01:55 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Holy shit.

He doesn’t and refuses to acknowledge the evidence.
    Evidence of what? It's only your opinion that the government is overstepping it's constitutional mandate. Skyrocketing gun violence by both legally and illegally obtained firearms and your party is fighting against justifiable requirements that arms dealers be registered and also track their sales? If it reduces illegal gun sales by 1% or stops a single gun crime by someone who shouldn't own a firearm? Then you all should be thanking the ATF.

Evidence of what?
    District of Columbia v. Heller. We’ve talked about this. Regardless of your feelings or opinion on the matter, it is the law of the land. Our own government determined that well regulated militia in the context of the 2nd Amendment means all able bodied men.

https://constitution.congress.gov/br...%2C%20478%20F.

Turning back to the prefatory clause, the Supreme Court majority concluded that the term well-regulated militia does not refer to state or congressionally regulated military forces as described in the Constitution’s Militia Clause;19 rather, the Second Amendment’s usage refers to all able-bodied men who are capable of acting in concert for the common defense.20

If it reduces illegal gun sales by 1% or stops a single gun crime by someone who shouldn't own a firearm...
    The classic "If it saves even one life then it's worth it!" argument, which in reality means you know your argument sucks and is bullshit and you think playing the emotional retard card somehow makes your argument better.

Since you're a vaccine fanboy and all, how about if not getting vaccinated saves even one life that would have otherwise died from vaccine complications, then it's worth it. Right?

District of Columbia v. Heller. We’ve talked about this. Regardless of your feelings or opinion on the matter, it is the law of the land. Our own government determined that well regulated militia in the context of the 2nd Amendment means all able bodied men.

https://constitution.congress.gov/br...%2C%20478%20F.
    And the ATF regulates all arms sales in the United States, retail, wholesale, or private. I may be misunderstanding you, but a line from the ruling "the Second Amendment’s usage refers to all able-bodied men who are capable of acting in concert for the common defense." supports the jurisdiction of the ATF to make these rules, so not entirely sure why you're inserting it into the topic.

Evidence of what? It's only your opinion that the government is overstepping it's constitutional mandate. Skyrocketing gun violence by both legally and illegally obtained firearms and your party is fighting against justifiable requirements that arms dealers be registered and also track their sales? If it reduces illegal gun sales by 1% or stops a single gun crime by someone who shouldn't own a firearm? Then you all should be thanking the ATF.
    It's not guns.. it's Democrat policies.

If you clean up the messes that Democrats have made out of most of our large cities (who have the strictest gun laws in the country) our "skyrocketing gun violence" would disappear.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.