Thread: Tyranny of the ATF

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Do we have a specific constitutional right to keep and bear alcohol, weed, or prostitution?

Edit: A good argument one could make is that the federal government currently taxes firearms & ammunition before this California state bill was passed, and has done so for roughly 100+ years. I would counter to say that it has yet to be challenged in the courts, but quite certain it would not pass muster for the standard of the Bruen decision. Perhaps a good thing that will come out of this law and subsequent legal challenge is that this will set legal precedent on that.
    The right to bear arms has nothing to do with the sale or taxation of arms, which is regulated separately. Not by the constitution.
    Last edited by Bhaalizmo; 09-27-2023 at 07:26 PM.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    The right to bear arms has nothing to do with the sale or taxation of arms, which is regulated separately. Not by the constitution.
    Is it regulated in the 2nd Amendment, where it states "Well-regulated"?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    Sure it does. If the state taxes firearms that is clearly an infringement. It makes firearms inaccessible to economically challenged law abiding citizens.

This was already legally decided in the Civil Rights era of the 60s. It was the legal argument for the 24th amendment abolishing a poll tax to vote. What other defined Constitutional right are we taxed for exercising? Why is it ok in your mind to tax people on their 2nd Amendment rights but it’s not ok to do so for any other?