Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Indicted in Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Damn son, you didn't look at the poll. 45% Biden vs 36% for Trump is not a toss up based on the polling data.

8/10: If each of the following individuals were their party’s nominee for president in 2024, would you definitely support, probably support, probably NOT support or definitely NOT support them?

Joe Biden: 45% definetly would support, 43% definetly would not support.
    Donald Trump: 36% definetly would suport, 63%, definitely would not support.
    Yeah I wouldn't put too much stock in this. The % of persuadable voters in this is massive for both candidates. This isn't the same thing as asking people whom they would actually vote for if forced to make a decision (including the decision to not vote at all). And that explains why it's so wildly out of sync with the general election polling that has been coming out the last couple of months. Most of that has either Biden or Trump winning by some amount that's squarely within the margin of error. The battleground state polling, in particular, is definitely moving in the right direction for Trump and the wrong direction for Biden. (Though that shifts a lot and will continue to)
    Last edited by time4fun; 08-22-2023 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Imagine how disliked Biden must be that polls indicate it’s a toss up who would win today between Trump (with all of the indictments) vs Biden for 2024.

CNN: Republican voters think Trump is electable. They may be right
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/19/polit...den/index.html

Edit: it’s a sad story for America whichever side of the political spectrum you fall on.
    You're leaving out the part where Trump, his allies and the conservative media universe have intentionally poisoned the well with the demonstrably false narrative that Biden's win is illegitimate. About 30% of the registered voters in this country (a few on this forum) will never believe that Biden won the election legitimately despite the clear polling before the election, having the same amount of evidence for his win as we've had for every other Presidential election results and the glaring lack of any evidence of widespread irregularities that could even come close to altering the outcome.

It's a dangerous and corrosive tactic that we should neither be validating nor ignoring. On this alone Trump has proven he is unfit for office. His willingness to sacrifice a 250 year old democracy for his own petty desires is an affront to everything our Constitution stands for.
    Last edited by time4fun; 08-22-2023 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    You're leaving out the part where Trump, his allies and the conservative media universe have intentionally poisoned the well with the demonstrably false narrative that Biden's win is illegitimate. About 30% of the registered voters in this country (a few on this forum) will never believe that Biden won the election legitimately despite the clear polling before the election, having the same amount of evidence for his win as we've had for every other Presidential election results and the glaring lack of any evidence of widespread irregularities that could even come close to altering the outcome.

It's a dangerous and corrosive tactic that we should neither be validating nor ignoring. On this alone Trump has proven he is unfit for office. His willingness to sacrifice a 250 year old democracy for his own petty desires is an affront to everything our Constitution stands for.
    I think Biden’s approval rating & how he would fare in a general election has more to do with his performance, policies, and especially age (cognitive decline). I say that because he isn’t particularly popular within his own party.

People care about economics. My prediction is if the economy is in a decent place November of 2024, Biden will win. If it is not, he is going to lose.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 08-22-2023 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    Yeah I told her, I also said it’s a morale boost for soldiers as well, knowing that their brothers will do everything to get them back. She thinks it’s western bullshit lol
    Maybe it is Western BS. I wouldn’t know. I read a lot of history but largely ignorant in experiencing foreign cultures and customs first hand. Don’t they bury people in Russia? If it were her brother/father/you/whatever fighting in that war, wouldn’t it be important to her that she hear the truth of what happened & put the body to rest in accordance with whatever her religion?

Eastern Orthodox is still a big thing in Russia, is it not? I know communism turned a lot of people away from religion but I thought Russia is still largely Christian.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 08-22-2023 at 06:51 PM.

I think Biden’s approval rating & how he would fare in a general election has more to do with his performance, policies, and especially age (cognitive decline). I say that because he isn’t particularly popular within his own party.

People care about economics. My prediction is if the economy is in a decent place November of 2024, Biden will win. If it is not, he is going to lose.
    I'll be surprised if Biden is the candidate.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I'll be surprised if Biden is the candidate.
    Yeah they keep saying that about both Trump & Biden, but I’m beginning to suspect it likely that we have a rematch. If the Democratic Party is going to push him out, they need to do it sooner rather than later for primary season.

They aren't going to push him out. If he drops out it will be because he's either too old or dead. I'd like to see both front runners step away and let some younger candidates run.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

My prediction is if the economy is in a decent place November of 2024, Biden will win. If it is not, he is going to lose.
    Since the beginning of the country, incumbent Presidents seeking reelection have won 71% of the time. During the last 50 years, that percentage has been just 56%.

Incumbents in Last 50 Years Who Lost Reelection:
    38 Gerald R. Ford*
    39 Jimmy Carter
    41 George H.W. Bush
    45 Donald J. Trump

* Ford was never elected in the first place.

Incumbents in Last 50 Years Who Won Reelection:
    37 Richard M. Nixon
    40 Ronald Reagan
    42 Bill Clinton
    43 George W. Bush
    44 Barack Obama

Only one person has been elected to non-consecutive terms, as Trump hopes to be in 2024. I have not made a list of all who have attempted it.
    22 Grover Cleveland
    24 Grover Cleveland

Would you like to know the source of the above info? It's all from ClydeR.

You are an idiot. That poll and question is not even remotely in the same realm as a head to head comparison of who would you vote for in the general election. Read the article I posted. Or, if you want more, these are several polls conducted on the general election. In most polls conducted this year, Trump has a lead over Biden. That has reduced to being a toss up. Biden may possibly be 1 point ahead from the most recent I’ve seen.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...2024/national/
    Dude don't pretend that the poll number cited in the article you linked said something other than what they do and you won't get called out. Linking an entirely different poll to make your argument because your prior source didn't pan out is disingenuous.

Yeah they keep saying that about both Trump & Biden, but I’m beginning to suspect it likely that we have a rematch. If the Democratic Party is going to push him out, they need to do it sooner rather than later for primary season.
    Problem is.. if they push him out, they have to push Harris out first.. because as bad as the Biden Presidency has been.. a Harris Presidency would be far worse.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.