Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Houses passes debt ceiling bill

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    And the right does it to the left, so what exact point are you trying to make?

I love how you imply only the “left” does it. Both parties do it all the time to each other.
    Because the "Left" controls the media and social media companies... You can say the truth, and it will not be acknowledged, just denigrated... You can have an opposite opinion, and you will be labeled racist/misogynist/whateverist... You can express your ideas, and you will be cancelled, demonetized, or demonized...

There is a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Because the "Left" controls the media and social media companies... You can say the truth, and it will not be acknowledged, just denigrated... You can have an opposite opinion, and you will be labeled racist/misogynist/whateverist... You can express your ideas, and you will be cancelled, demonetized, or demonized...

There is a difference.
    Didn’t know fox was controlled by the left, the highest rated news channel in the states.

I guess you learn something new everyday!

And just because liberals have the bigger voice on the social media, it means they control social media? Lol?
    Next, almost all big tech industry leaders are conservative, their employees just happen to be more liberals, you do know this right?

I blame the liberals for making social media successful! You should blame the right for not having a louder voice and a bigger following.

Finally this has nothing to do with social media or the news media.
    The left always blames the right, and the right always blames the left. How much “news media” one gets or how much one side screams it on “social media” doesn’t change this fact.
    Last edited by Solkern; 04-27-2023 at 07:07 AM.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

I disagree, passing a bill you know the other side won’t agree to, makes you just as guilty.
    Imagine the senate crafted one and sent it to the house, could the democrats say, well if the republicans don’t agree, it’s their fault! Doesn’t work like that. Both parties will be at fault.
    This bill won’t be accepted as it is, and I don’t think anyone really expects that. It’s a negotiation tool to come to a compromise. Biden wants a debt ceiling raise with no budget cuts. The Republican led House wants some steep budget cuts. I do hope Congress can work it out and meet in the middle. If Democrats are unwilling to accept that elections have consequences & work with the other side, we will default on our debts by the end of this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    This bill won’t be accepted as it is, and I don’t think anyone really expects that. It’s a negotiation tool to come to a compromise. Biden wants a debt ceiling raise with no budget cuts. The Republican led House wants some steep budget cuts. I do hope Congress can work it out and meet in the middle. If Democrats are unwilling to accept that elections have consequences & work with the other side, we will default on our debts by the end of this summer.
    Exactly, I actually misread your post, my bad, thanks for clearing it up.
    Both sides need to negotiate in good faith, it’s sad that we have some of both sides that are incapable of doing that.
    Last edited by Solkern; 04-27-2023 at 07:42 AM.
    The idiot award goes to…

The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    The fact his own caucus didn't have unanimous support says enough. 217-215? What a laugh.
    Do you know which Republicans voted against the measure?

Do you know why those 4 Republicans voted against the measure?

SPOILER: They didn't vote against it for the same reasons the Democrats did.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

I disagree, passing a bill you know the other side won’t agree to, makes you just as guilty.
    Imagine the senate crafted one and sent it to the house, could the democrats say, well if the republicans don’t agree, it’s their fault! Doesn’t work like that. Both parties will be at fault.
    That's how these things are negotiated out.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Didn’t know fox was controlled by the left, the highest rated news channel in the states.
    Make a list of Right leaning media and then make a list of left leaning media in the US.

When you put a dozen maybe on the Right.. and you have HUNDREDS on the left.. it should become clear to you.

Well, it would be clear to a normal person... but a normal person wouldn't have made this argument in the first place.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    LOL, the Republicans who have a razor thin minority in the House think they've got the standing to enforce a zero sum negotiation position. They don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Make a list of Right leaning media and then make a list of left leaning media in the US.

When you put a dozen maybe on the Right.. and you have HUNDREDS on the left.. it should become clear to you.

Well, it would be clear to a normal person... but a normal person wouldn't have made this argument in the first place.
    And that’s the left fault? The right has the ability to make more news channels, don’t they? Or let me guess the left is suppressing their ability to make cable news channels right?

The left can have thousands and thousands of channels, and the right could have one, and guess what? That single right news channels still has the possibility of being watched by more people than all the ones on the left combined. Fox News blows away like the top 4 left wing news media combined or some shit.

The quantity of places to watch something means little. People always gravitate to the news source that best fits there ideological thinking.
    Last edited by Solkern; 04-27-2023 at 09:43 AM.
    The idiot award goes to…

An hour later:

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    LOL, the Republicans who have a razor thin minority in the House think they've got the standing to enforce a zero sum negotiation position. They don't.
    I believe you meant to say majority, dumbass. That’s all that they need to have leverage. Democrats no longer have absolute power over Congress. They can either be reasonable, or fuck around & find out.