Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Houses passes debt ceiling bill

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    There are some hard liner Republicans that will never vote in favor of raising the debt ceiling (which I think is stupid if that matters).

It passed. Cope harder and get ready to work to earn those federal aide benefits you receive.

I now need you to only post in fast memes/quotes for all topics of discussion
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    As expected the House debt ceiling bill died in the Senate, a timely abortion of an ill-conceived notion. Meanwhile, Biden and McCarthy will be meeting soon to discuss why the Republicans need to stop trying to hijack our country's ability to pay it's debt.
    Glad to see someone woke up President Biden about this. On 4/26, Biden proclaimed this: “Happy to meet with McCarthy, but not on whether or not the debt limit gets extended. That’s not negotiable.”

It only took 6 days for him to sort of come to his senses.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

As expected the House debt ceiling bill died in the Senate, a timely abortion of an ill-conceived notion. Meanwhile, Biden and McCarthy will be meeting soon to discuss why the Republicans need to stop trying to hijack our country's ability to pay it's debt.
    I wish you'd hijack a copy of Hooked on Phonics.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Glad to see someone woke up President Biden about this. On 4/26, Biden proclaimed this: “Happy to meet with McCarthy, but not on whether or not the debt limit gets extended. That’s not negotiable.”

It only took 6 days for him to sort of come to his senses.
    Yeah it’s a really odd position for Biden to take… He is saying he will consider budget cuts but only after the debt ceiling passes without strings attached. Does he think people are really that dumb? If that were to happen he would immediately say something like “I considered it and decided not to reduce my budget.”

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Smart man.. I cut out watching news programs about a year ago.. life immeasurably improved.
    Spent a year out in the sticks of Montana. Zero access to television.

The first time watching TV after that was weird AF. The thing that stood out most was how incredible scripted network television is.

Sports and movies is the only time my TV is ever on now.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Yeah it’s a really odd position for Biden to take… He is saying he will consider budget cuts but only after the debt ceiling passes without strings attached. Does he think people are really that dumb? If that were to happen he would immediately say something like “I considered it and decided not to reduce my budget.”
    The problem is republicans really are that dumb. They've been falling for the same shit just like that forever.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    The problem is republicans really are that dumb. They've been falling for the same shit just like that forever.
    Damn. Raining cold hard truth up in here… You are not wrong.

We’ll see how this plays out.

That's his prerogative as President. Just as it was the Republican House who tried to get the Senate to pass their holding the debt limit hostage, until the Senate rejected the measure. McCarthy wants to try and force the President to accept ridiculous cuts to the ability of the IRS to enforce and collect existing tax law, that's a no brainer rejection that only idiots think is a good idea.

That's his prerogative as President. Just as it was the Republican House who tried to get the Senate to pass their holding the debt limit hostage, until the Senate rejected the measure. McCarthy wants to try and force the President to accept ridiculous cuts to the ability of the IRS to enforce and collect existing tax law, that's a no brainer rejection that only idiots think is a good idea.
    You might be the only person on the planet that believed the House thought the Senate would pass their bill.

No one is that retarded... except our special little Retard Champion.

The Republicans got exactly what they wanted with that legislation: Biden to negotiate the Democrat out of control spending.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    You might be the only person on the planet that believed the House thought the Senate would pass their bill.

No one is that retarded... except our special little Retard Champion.

The Republicans got exactly what they wanted with that legislation: Biden to negotiate the Democrat out of control spending.
    "Biden R at tabbeerr we R winnar." Yes, by all means go on thinking thinking that the Republicans have won some great pyrrhic victory. Maybe if you delude yourself enough into thinking Republicans can force prior laws to go away by not funding them, it'll happen. It won't.