Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Indicted in New York

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Doesn't matter when it actually starts, all that matters is what the corrupt fat ass piece of shit DA is asking for to make his intentions perfectly clear. He could have asked for a start date of next month so the trial would be over with well before the 2024 presidential primaries. But that's not what he asked for, is it?
    Correction. The DA did not ask for a specific trial date, which has not been set anyway, nor did the DA ask for a specific date for pre-trial motions to be completed, which was set for December 4, 2023. When the judge asked the DA if that date was acceptable to the DA, the DA did not object. You can read the actual transcript at https://abcnews.go.com/US/read-full-...ry?id=98360311

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    It's clear that Trump intentionally broke the law regarding falsification of financial records, which is a misdemeanor. Fortunately for Trump, the statute of limitations on the misdemeanor is just two years. It is too late to charge him under the misdemeanor statute. He would almost certainly have been convicted if the case had been brought in time.

Even with a five-year statute of limitations for the felonies, that statute of limitations is still a big problem for the prosecution. Apparently, New York "tolls" its statutes of limitations if the alleged criminal is beyond the state's reach, which might be enough to place these charges within the five-year period. But even if the prosecution can count up enough tolled days to overcome the statute of limitations, the legal case for the felonies is weaker than the case for the misdemeanors.
    In other words, bringing this case to trial is solely for political theater. That is becoming obvious now even for moderate Democrats that despise Trump.

Correction. The DA did not ask for a specific trial date, which has not been set anyway, nor did the DA ask for a specific date for pre-trial motions to be completed, which was set for December 4, 2023. When the judge asked the DA if that date was acceptable to the DA, the DA did not object. You can read the actual transcript at https://abcnews.go.com/US/read-full-...ry?id=98360311
    From your own link:

The People intend to request a trial date in January of 2024.
    So shut the fuck up, Clydtard.

It's clear that Trump intentionally broke the law regarding falsification of financial records, which is a misdemeanor. Fortunately for Trump, the statute of limitations on the misdemeanor is just two years. It is too late to charge him under the misdemeanor statute. He would almost certainly have been convicted if the case had been brought in time.

Even with a five-year statute of limitations for the felonies, that statute of limitations is still a big problem for the prosecution. Apparently, New York "tolls" its statutes of limitations if the alleged criminal is beyond the state's reach, which might be enough to place these charges within the five-year period. But even if the prosecution can count up enough tolled days to overcome the statute of limitations, the legal case for the felonies is weaker than the case for the misdemeanors.
    The State of New York disagrees with your assessment.
    Last edited by Seran; 04-05-2023 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    The State of New York disagrees with your assessment.
    What do you think the outcome of this whole thing will be?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    In other words, bringing this case to trial is solely for political theater. That is becoming obvious now even for moderate Democrats that despise Trump.
    If you broke the law and there was evidence, you’d likely be held accountable. Trump is a citizen. He’s not immune from indictment.

Trump earlier was calling to defund federal police. In before the mental gymnastics begin on why that’s ok from conservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    The special needs ones that are infected with TDS don't think about stuff like that.. they only know that orange man bad and orange man bad.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Trump earlier was calling to defund federal police. In before the mental gymnastics begin on why that’s ok from conservatives.
    Biden today got caught touching his niece on camera, again, in a sexual manner.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Seran: