Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SVB

Mostly businesses and VCs used this bank. So 250k helps absolutely no one. You are trying to punish these people for using a bank. Its not about that. The bank fucked up, head too far up ass to hedge their poorly made bets.
    Not about saving SVB, its about reassuring depositors of our banking system. Even if the CEO poorly mismanaged the company if you want to go farther it was the government's direct actions trying to control inflation that made this even possible to begin with. They get depositor money, tell you its in money market account, then straight up gamble with it. Thats an angry person's account cause I mean......they were buying fairly responsible MBS's with it for low margin. Jewish gambling if you will. Only way those get that out of whack is government hiking up rates to fix the inflation mess. Its putting a bandaid on a bandaid on a bandaid. They need to abolish Federal Reserve System.

Quote Originally Posted by beldar17 View Post
    Mostly businesses and VCs used this bank. So 250k helps absolutely no one. You are trying to punish these people for using a bank. Its not about that. The bank fucked up, head too far up ass to hedge their poorly made bets.
    Not about saving SVB, its about reassuring depositors of our banking system. Even if the CEO poorly mismanaged the company if you want to go farther it was the government's direct actions trying to control inflation that made this even possible to begin with. They get depositor money, tell you its in money market account, then straight up gamble with it. Thats an angry person's account cause I mean......they were buying fairly responsible MBS's with it for low margin. Jewish gambling if you will. Only way those get that out of whack is government hiking up rates to fix the inflation mess. Its putting a bandaid on a bandaid on a bandaid. They need to abolish Federal Reserve System.
    That's asinine. Treasury bonds are a guaranteed return and hold it's value provided you hold it through maturity. The "treasury bond market" is nothing more than people who buy and sell treasury notes prior to maturity hoping some change will result in a profit. Tell me, you have a fixed note that's not yet due, by what right do you have to expect a positive return on investment prior to it's maturity? The bank was over leveraged, which in turn triggered a very highly publicized bank run, that in turn killed the bank whose assets didn't support another firm providing capital or buying them out. End of story.

As was stated, you choose your bank and like any other investment you expose yourself to risk of losing your funds. That they chose a firm like SVB with an incredibly loose business model is their fault. Depositors should be paid out like a super priority creditor, before any other notes or obligations. If and only if there weren't enough to make them whole, then the FDIC should have stepped in to pay it's maximum of 250K.

With the announcement that all deposits will be covered, welcome to the bailout of Silicon Valley. Let the fuckers fail and let the Leftist valley suffer the side effects of woke garbage.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    That's asinine. Treasury bonds are a guaranteed return and hold it's value provided you hold it through maturity. The "treasury bond market" is nothing more than people who buy and sell treasury notes prior to maturity hoping some change will result in a profit. Tell me, you have a fixed note that's not yet due, by what right do you have to expect a positive return on investment prior to it's maturity? The bank was over leveraged, which in turn triggered a very highly publicized bank run, that in turn killed the bank whose assets didn't support another firm providing capital or buying them out. End of story.

As was stated, you choose your bank and like any other investment you expose yourself to risk of losing your funds. That they chose a firm like SVB with an incredibly loose business model is their fault. Depositors should be paid out like a super priority creditor, before any other notes or obligations. If and only if there weren't enough to make them whole, then the FDIC should have stepped in to pay it's maximum of 250K.
    Tell us you have no idea how banks and investing works without saying you have no idea how banks and investing works.
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    With the announcement that all deposits will be covered, welcome to the bailout of Silicon Valley. Let the fuckers fail and let the Leftist valley suffer the side effects of woke garbage.
    Uh huh, so there is nothing to do with Leftist policies you moron. The systemic risk exception made for the two banks last week were fundamentally no different than what was guaranteed for Citi Group, Wachovia, or Bank of America in 2008 by the Bush Administration. Nor was it any different than the system wide full depositor guarantee which was also implemented by Bush under the Temporary Liquidity Guarantee Program and the Debt Guarantee Program that helped several more banks, including Washington Mutual.

So, in short you're an uneducated idiot.

https://www.fdic.gov/bank/historical...s/overview.pdf

Ummm, no, poor investments focusing on ESG and DEI made by people with no substantial banking and economic experience are to blame. And I wasn't a fan of the Bush bailout either. Only you Leftist shitbags seem to think that just because someone is a conservative they must go along with and support everything their side does. That is how the Left work, it isn't how the Right works. In short, they should have failed and be left to fail then, they should be left to fail now and GM and others should have been left to fail as well. Then maybe you Leftist shits would see the destruction your shitty policies cause.

BTW, the crash under Bush would not have happened had Clinton not driven the repeal of Glass-Steagall.
    Last edited by ~Rocktar~; 03-15-2023 at 12:14 AM.
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

Trying to blame depositors for choosing the wrong bank? Yes something sure is asinine.

They should have to go through 10 banks, assess their risk profile before simply depositing money. You are positing scenarios that might be possible in a perfect unreasonable world. This is earth and people are running their companies and living their lives. This is an unreasonable expectation.

I live in a practical mindset. You cannot judge things after the fact and play captain obvious if it doesn’t work out perfectly. They were buying Tbills not junk bonds in Aruba.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Are they? Only person I saw who withdrew his money from the bank prior to it's collapse was Peter Thiel.. who is not a Democrat.
    https://theintercept.com/2023/03/14/...-hes-a-client/
    CHEERING SILICON VALLEY BANK BAILOUT, GAVIN NEWSOM DOESN’T MENTION HE’S A CLIENT

At least three of the California governor’s wine companies are held by SVB, and a bank president sits on the board of his wife’s charity.

That's just one, you can google their client list and their loan list and you'll see a lot of get woke companies. Was referred to on one of the tv stations as the democrat atm, think it was msnbc.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by beldar17 View Post
    Trying to blame depositors for choosing the wrong bank? Yes something sure is asinine.

They should have to go through 10 banks, assess their risk profile before simply depositing money. You are positing scenarios that might be possible in a perfect unreasonable world. This is earth and people are running their companies and living their lives. This is an unreasonable expectation.

I live in a practical mindset. You cannot judge things after the fact and play captain obvious if it doesn’t work out perfectly. They were buying Tbills not junk bonds in Aruba.
    Yes you should, banks are a business, looking to make money, and some businesses make stupid decisions. End of story.

You should check everything about the bank if you are going over the 250k, if you don’t, you’re an idiot and that’s on you.
    You should never put everything into one bank, you should always diversify.
    Last edited by Solkern; 03-15-2023 at 09:42 AM.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    https://theintercept.com/2023/03/14/...-hes-a-client/
    CHEERING SILICON VALLEY BANK BAILOUT, GAVIN NEWSOM DOESN’T MENTION HE’S A CLIENT

At least three of the California governor’s wine companies are held by SVB, and a bank president sits on the board of his wife’s charity.

That's just one, you can google their client list and their loan list and you'll see a lot of get woke companies. Was referred to on one of the tv stations as the democrat atm, think it was msnbc.
    Ah.. didn't pay much attention.. probably had the TV on NBC which is why they were on the Peter Thiel slant.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.