Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Spy Balloon

I get my news from phone video
    https://funnyjunk.com/It+begins/iDuLRvQ/

It's not an "alleged" Chinese balloon, the Chinese government has flat out said it belongs to them.

Why does Seran insist on being the biggest idiot to have ever existed?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    It's not an "alleged" Chinese balloon, the Chinese government has flat out said it belongs to them.

Why does Seran insist on being the biggest idiot to have ever existed?
    They said it is a weather balloon.

I don't see the big deal, what can it see that Chinese satellites can't?
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Yeah but Seran didn't even say that, he said it's an "alleged Chinese aircraft."

I dunno. That's kind of what the debate is right now though. Our military and intelligence have said they don't believe for a second it is just a weather balloon or that it just got blown off course, so what exactly is it doing?

If we allow the balloon to return to China then we are kind of showing to the world that we won't even defend our own airspace.

Blog Entries

Yeah but Seran didn't even say that, he said it's an "alleged Chinese aircraft."

I dunno. That's kind of what the debate is right now though. Our military and intelligence have said they don't believe for a second it is just a weather balloon or that it just got blown off course, so what exactly is it doing?

If we allow the balloon to return to China then we are kind of showing to the world that we won't even defend our own airspace.
    Would it be in international airspace because of its altitude? It is above Class A controlled air space. And just like that Russian spyship that pops off the coast of New England once every few years, I don't think we can do anything to it, within the bounds of international laws that we have agreed to.

And apparently the DoDD said not to shoot it down because the debris it would create would be more dangerous than the balloon itself. They also said it would be really hard to shoot down because it doesn't contain much, if any, metal or give out heat so missiles can't really get it.
    Last edited by Gelston; 02-04-2023 at 01:07 PM.

I think most countries would consider 60,000 feet to be part of their airspace.

Blog Entries

I think most countries would consider 60,000 feet to be part of their airspace.
    It is above that, and really, at a range above most SAM systems... Which couldn't lock on to it anyways. It is easier for us to shoot down a satellite than this balloon.

It's a fucking balloon.. and you can see how Biden is just so afraid to do anything...
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

1) China has been anything but trustworthy.

2) Even if it’s totally harmless, I don’t like the idea of an object like that floating over our airspace.

10. Default

A balloon could have a nuclear warhead beneath it. Or mustard gas canisters. The freaking array on it is as big as a fire engine.

And it's effectively defeated our defenses apparently. China has learned a lot about our defenses, even if they got nothing back from the balloon. We just have a feckless leader who's foreign policy has been wrong for 50 years.

It should have been shot down when it was near Alaska. If we say we cannot shoot it down, I'd be floating balloons over Ukraine if I was Putin.

But it sounds like we are taking it down today after it clears SC.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal