Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ban TikTok?

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Both sides of the aisle are almost unanimously against Tiktok. I think that is something to look at.
    Damn right... Zuckerberg is paying close to 20 million dollars a year on lobbying efforts... he better get some action on this.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Aside from the whole privacy thing, I don’t think it’s good for the mind to watch repetitive short videos of sick people behaving in socially unacceptable ways. China does not allow our version of TikTok in their own country because they recognize it as mental poison.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Aside from the whole privacy thing, I don’t think it’s good for the mind to watch repetitive short videos of sick people behaving in socially unacceptable ways. China does not allow our version of TikTok in their own country because they recognize it as mental poison.
    Then don’t watch them. Freedom is deciding what you want to watch. I dislike TikTok because it is potentially Chinese spyware, not because of the content it provides.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    And.. I'm saying it has less to do with "Chinese spying" and more to do with money. Social media companies in this country spend MILLIONS of dollars on lobbying efforts and that money buys influence over politicians. Who do you believe is the beneficiary of the US banning TikTok?
    Only Fans.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Then don’t watch them. Freedom is deciding what you want to watch. I dislike TikTok because it is potentially Chinese spyware, not because of the content it provides.
    You may or may not have children of your own, but you must certainly see some. That statement is true for you and I, but we are not the target audience. It’s for the children. Yes it’s on parents to do their job raising kids, but let’s be real… You and I both know that for most American children these days their phone/tablet is more of a parent to them than their mom or dad.

You may or may not have children of your own, but you must certainly see some. That statement is true for you and I, but we are not the target audience. It’s for the children. Yes it’s on parents to do their job raising kids, but let’s be real… You and I both know that for most American children these days their phone/tablet is more of a parent to them than their mom or dad.
    It's no different than anything else on the Internet.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    It's no different than anything else on the Internet.
    I realize I sound like an old fuddy-duddy on this subject like the parents of the past who brought us the ESRB rating system when they freaked out over such intense realistic graphic violence with games like Mortal Kombat & Grand Theft Auto, but I don’t care. It is different.

Other things on the internet don’t cause children to spontaneously tick like they have Tourette syndrome, raise the pitch & volume of their voice to unacceptable levels mid sentence during normal conversations, or aspire to emulate their favorite purple-haired face-tatted nose-pierced influencer.

Obviously the app is banned in my household for my 8 year old girls, but the garbage content we adult veterans of a 30 year old text game poke fun of is the world for so many kids.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 02-04-2023 at 09:41 AM.

Blog Entries

I do, and guess what? My wife and I decide on the content they can have, not the Government. It isn't any different than youtube, facebook, or any other video posting service.

If TikTok vanished, something else would become the new popular thing and be exactly the same.
    Last edited by Gelston; 02-04-2023 at 12:07 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I do, and guess what? My wife and I decide on the content they can have, not the Government. It isn't any different than youtube, facebook, or any other video posting service.

If TikTok vanished, something else would become the new popular thing and be exactly the same.
    Perhaps you are right. I get the whole libertarian approach.

I’m just saying, outside the context of whether government should ban it or not, my personal opinion is that TikTok is particularly trash in comparison to the others platforms you mentioned. It has to do with their algorithm.