Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ban TikTok?

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    I bet you watch a lot of Tik Tok.
    He probably posts dance videos and links to his OnlyFans that he's still waiting to make money off of.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    After pushing everybody to ban Tik Tok while he was President, Trump has changed his tune. Why? Because banning Tik Tok would help an American company that Trump calls the "true Enemy of the People." Was it ever about spying? If Trump is using his current influence over the House to punish his critics, even in ways that conflict with Trump's past policy positions, what do you think he will do if he is reelected?
    Fuck Zuck.

If you don't want to watch Tik Tok, don't watch Tik Tok.

I would rather the Chinese "use" all my secret Tik Tok information than the crook Zuckerberg.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Just so everyone knows, especially the young people, Crooked Joe Biden is responsible for banning TikTok. He is the one pushing it to close, and doing it to help his friends over at Facebook become richer and more dominant, and able to continue to fight, perhaps illegally, the Republican Party. It’s called ELECTION INTERFERENCE! Young people, and lots of others, must remember this on November 5th, ELECTION DAY, when they vote! They also must remember, more importantly, that he is destroying our Country, and is A MAJOR THREAT TO DEMOCRACY!

Wait a minute. Isn't that the opposite of Trump's position when he was in office? I'm sure you all well remember what happened in 2020.

On July 31, Donald Trump told reporters that he would be banning TikTok's operations in the United States, rejecting a potential deal where ByteDance would sell a majority stake in TikTok to an American tech company such as Microsoft.[7] Trump reversed this position a few days later, announcing on August 3 that TikTok had until September 15 to sell a majority of its holdings to a company based in the United States. He stipulated, however, that the United States Department of the Treasury would have to receive a "substantial amount of money" from the deal, attributing TikTok's success to operations in the United States and arguing that TikTok owed the United States government for this success.[8]

On August 6, 2020 Donald Trump issued Executive Order 13942, directing the Secretary of Commerce to prohibit any and all transactions with ByteDance under the International Emergency Economic Powers Act. To invoke the act, Trump also declared a national emergency based on the information TikTok collects.[9] The order gave ByteDance until November 12, 45 days after the issuing of the order, to sell a majority portion of the company to an American company.[10] On November 13, Trump extended the deadline to November 27,[11] and then to December 4.[10]

More...
    TikTok sued in federal court..

On December 7, 2020, three days after the deadline to sell the company had passed, Nichols fully blocked Trump's request to ban TikTok in the United States. The judge argued that Trump's emergency economic powers did not suffice to operate an arbitrary ban on a mobile app.[18]
    Biden is taking exactly the same position as Trump, except that Biden is enacting it with the overwhelming bipartisan support of Congress.

For the record, I do not believe TikTok should be banned. But I find it amusing that Trump's policy on TikTok is just as conveniently flexible as his policy on abortion.

One of the writers of the bill to ban Tik Tok, Rep Michael McCaul (R).. is investing heavily in.. here's a shock.. META (Facebook/Instagram parent company)

Here's a timeline of events:

March 3: Authored Tik Tok Ban Bill
    March 13: Bill voted on in House and passed.
    March 22: Bought $150K in META
    March 26: Bought $150K in META
    March 28: Bought $150K in META
    April 1: Bought $350K in META
    April 5: Bought $350K in META
    April 13: Voted YES on Tik Tok Ban

Fuck this insider trading bullshit.

TERM LIMITS
    BAN STOCK TRADES WHILE IN OFFICE
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Anebriated View Post
    Saw your post first so I’m not going to go back and read the thread but tiktok is an awful platform and even if it’s not banned people should stay off. The fact that the algorithm is majorly different in china vs US should be a red flag to any users.
    I stand by my statement that algorithm is different in the US but I think it sets a dangerous precedent to ban it.
    Discord: anebriated

Looking for old characters:
    Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    One of the writers of the bill to ban Tik Tok, Rep Michael McCaul (R).. is investing heavily in.. here's a shock.. META (Facebook/Instagram parent company)

Here's a timeline of events:

March 3: Authored Tik Tok Ban Bill
    March 13: Bill voted on in House and passed.
    March 22: Bought $150K in META
    March 26: Bought $150K in META
    March 28: Bought $150K in META
    April 1: Bought $350K in META
    April 5: Bought $350K in META
    April 13: Voted YES on Tik Tok Ban

Fuck this insider trading bullshit.

TERM LIMITS
    BAN STOCK TRADES WHILE IN OFFICE
    Salary= to the median income of the state they represent.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Salary= to the median income of the state they represent.
    I'm not really on board with that. There's a difference between a brick layer, a burger flipper, a CEO of a giant company and a member of Congress.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME