Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon LoTR

Default Amazon LoTR

Wasn't sure what to expect... but honestly not sure why the show is getting so much hate.

I actually thought the first two episodes were really good. It might not line up exactly with the lore, but I've enjoyed them so far.

From the criticisms I've seen so far - the only one I can slightly lean towards is, it does seem like they've made most of the men seem like idiots (but it is much more subtle and not in your face as other shows)... but the one playing Galadriel is doing a damn good job IMO. Looking forward to seeing her arch over the upcoming episodes.

It's FAR better than the abomination they created with the Wheel of Time... god that was a horrendous adaptation.

You all enjoying or disliking it so far?
    Last edited by Shaps; 09-02-2022 at 02:34 PM.

Blog Entries

I saw the first two episodes in the movie theater for free. Loved it.

The only criticisms I see ar epeople that haven't seen it (and don't plan to) because they are all ItS NoT ToLkIeN.

My wife and I both enjoyed House of Dragons, but we like RoP way better so far.

Elrond's actor just looks like a young Willam Dafoe.

Galadriel's actress is spot on though.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I saw the first two episodes in the movie theater for free. Loved it.

The only criticisms I see ar epeople that haven't seen it (and don't plan to) because they are all ItS NoT ToLkIeN.

My wife and I both enjoyed House of Dragons, but we like RoP way better so far.

Elrond's actor just looks like a young Willam Dafoe.

Galadriel's actress is spot on though.
    100% on the Elrond.

I'm enjoying all of these shows. I've never read the books, so maybe that helps.

The Elrond guy has the head tilt down, I like small consistencies like that.. but ya he's doing well. I'd also love if someone came along that compared to Dafoe.. one of my all time favorite actors.

The vibes I was getting from Galadriel were Ripley from Aliens like... she's no Sigourney Weaver in that role yet, as she's nearly the goat (though Linda Hamilton, Michelle Yeoh, and the Kill Bill ladies are all amazing - sure I'm missing some, but those pop up first in my mind)...

Hoping they give Galadriel a slight soft arc like they did with Ripley in Aliens with Newt... that slight compassion, along with the badass attitude, would take it over the top IMO.
    Last edited by Shaps; 09-02-2022 at 03:03 PM.

I’m one of those that won’t watch it because I hate everything it stands for. Perhaps that is quite shallow of me.

I’ll give it some time and may revisit after more episodes if I hear positive things. The critic reviews I read were wildly different with some calling it the best show ever while others saying it was complete garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    I’m one of those that won’t watch it because I hate everything it stands for.
    You're a heightist?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Blog Entries

I’m one of those that won’t watch it because I hate everything it stands for. Perhaps that is quite shallow of me.
    It is a TV show, developed for entertainment purposes... Just like Tolkien's book were developed for entertainment purposes.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I’ll give it some time and may revisit after more episodes if I hear positive things. The critic reviews I read were wildly different with some calling it the best show ever while others saying it was complete garbage.
    Don't waste your breath with critic reviews, watch it for yourself and make your own judgement.

If I went by the critic ratings for The Terminal List, I would have brushed it off as a crummy show. I watched it because it looked interesting and I really enjoyed it. Critics are a bunch of fucking retards, so don't make your decisions based on what they think. I've played a lot of games over the years that got bashed by reviews, yet I still liked them. Had I simply relied upon reviews to sway my game play decisions, I would have missed a lot of games that I've enjoyed playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    It is a TV show, developed for entertainment purposes... Just like Tolkien's book were developed for entertainment purposes.
    I get that. Based on what I saw from the trailer and everything else, I don’t think it’s something I would find entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    You're a heightist?
    Eff’n harfoots.