Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Student Loan Forgiveness

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    PPP loans were created with the idea that they could be forgiven and also due to a Government mandated shut down.
    You're clearly saying they were owed the money due to being shutdown by "the Government." Businesses weren't owed shit, if they'd been given repayment terms similar to student loans without forgiveness, the same forbearance and deferment terms of student loans, then maybe PPP would have been legit. But it wasn't.

Sometimes businesses fail. Sometimes their employees have to find new jobs and get unemployment while they're looking. Sometimes they realize the people who take 90% of corporate profits are the same people making sure their employees can never afford to look for other work.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    You're clearly saying they were owed the money due to being shutdown by "the Government." Businesses weren't owed shit, if they'd been given repayment terms similar to student loans without forgiveness, the same forbearance and deferment terms of student loans, then maybe PPP would have been legit. But it wasn't.

Sometimes businesses fail. Sometimes their employees have to find new jobs and get unemployment while they're looking. Sometimes they realize the people who take 90% of corporate profits are the same people making sure their employees can never afford to look for other work.
    I am clearly stating the Government. State Governments are part of the Government. Stop being dense. If you were unclear on what I was saying, you are fucking clear now.

And I never said they were "owed" anything. I said it was completely different circumstances compared to student loan debt. It is rather telling that you are calling the COVID 19 pandemic a simple economic downturn though.
    Last edited by Gelston; 08-25-2022 at 05:27 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

3. Default

i have loans with 2 places, part of my stuff went to a new place while the rest is with navient. For some reason navient isn't deferred. I wonder where the money will come off.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyb View Post
    all student debt should be cancelled. 10k is bullshit, but it's something.

also lol at the "this will lead to increased inflation".
    Why do you care about student loans?

That's for people who went to college.. not for people who couldn't pass the 4th grade and were just left behind.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

oh fuck you have kids? no way in hell they turned out to be decent human beings.
    Thank god you were court mandated to be castrated.. so your retard genes could be finally removed from the gene pool.

Not that you needed to be castrated anyway.. not like you could land a woman.. or have any desire to.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

I know you want to make an intelligent point.. you simply lack the ability. Case in point: Comparing PPP loans to college loans.

Much like you.. it doesn't work.

Business owners were told to close down their business. Without those loans, we wouldn't just pay our employees to sit at home.

You should stop talking about things you know nothing about.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

And? Come to find out, the majority of Americans benefited more from unemployment benefits than they did the meager wages paid by their employers, which resulted in Americans waking up to just how fucked over they've been by being held hostage by wages barely equaling the cost of living.

Jared Kushner, JZ, countless political action committees, evangelical groups, etc.. So much money wound up in the hands of scammers, the ultra wealthy and influential that the Mom and Pop organizations your claim were the main beneficiaries were cut off when the funds were exhausted by Big Business.
    You have made it abundantly clear in yours posts that you want our government to pay for your standard of living while you do absolutely nothing to contribute to society. Unfortunately for you that is a fantasy & you are just a bum.

If you ever got everything you wanted politically, the end result would be government placing you in a gulag camp to be worked to death immediately after you served your purpose of putting overlords in a position of absolute power.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    You have made it abundantly clear in yours posts that you want our government to pay for your standard of living while you do absolutely nothing to contribute to society. Unfortunately for you that is a fantasy & you are just a bum.
    Whoa whoa whoa... Seran has made a "living" from milking the government for every dime he can.

And I've always stated: We have a responsibility to the people who are physically or in Seran's case: mentally unable to provide for themselves.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I am clearly stating the Government. State Governments are part of the Government. Stop being dense. If you were unclear on what I was saying, you are fucking clear now.

And I never said they were "owed" anything. I said it was completely different circumstances compared to student loan debt. It is rather telling that you are calling the COVID 19 pandemic a simple economic downturn though.
    PPP loans were created ... and also due to Government mandated shutdown.

Your right, let's just completely ignore you've blamed government mandated shutdowns for the reason why forgivable PPP loans were created. You clearly posted that, but sure you retract it.

You're right, businesses weren't owed PPP money, because some state governments ordered restrictive social distancing and PPE requirements, we agree there.

But they /did/ incur debt as a result of loans given to them from taxpayer funds. Just as students who take out federal loans incur debt from borrowing taxpayer funds. That you think forgiving one, is completely different than the other because they're different circumstances is mystifying.

Covid-19 occured, businesses suffered and would have to lay off employees. The government offered forgivable loans (welfare) that kept them running a bit longer. Enriching the business, it's owners and producing lay workers.

Modern employment requires degrees for higher paying jobs, young people can't afford college and as a result, businesses suffer for a lack of qualified candidates. The government offered loans to pay for college degrees with the caveat they would be repaid following graduation and entry into the workforce. The government recognized crushing student loan debt was prohibitive of economic participation, thus decided to forgive a small portion owed by those making less than 125k. Businesses, their owners, and producing lay workers benefit from money able to be spent on goods and services.

See, they're not so different after all.

10. Default

As someone who took out federal government student loans as a student and then after graduation...brace yourself liberals...paid them back faithfully over several years...I find this loan forgiveness to be something of an insult.

Or perhaps a payment for votes...
    Last edited by Candor; 08-25-2022 at 05:59 PM.