Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: Inflation Reduction Act

You know all of you are trying to rationalize with Seran right?

And yeah, single guy, a year ago groceries were around 45-50 a week, now, 60-70. Ground beef was 2.99 on sale normally 3.29 a pound, now it's 3.99 on sale, eggs were 1.29 a dozen, now 1.89 on a good week etc.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Just a reminder of the budget, the deficit, the interest we are paying and so on from the source.

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/58888
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Anebriated View Post
    Please do me a favor. Go to literally anyone you know and ask if they are paying more for their groceries as a whole today than they were in 2020. You can try to deflect all you want, literally any reasonable adult will admit they are paying more.
    Food inflation has been positive for years, a lot of it greedflation of course, which is why prices would be up. The fact you can't seem to understand why comparing two poll results using inexact subjects is fundamentally flawed speaks miles of your stupidity however.

All the (food) inflation can be connected back to cost of transportation. The goods and services themselves haven't increased in cost or difficulty.
    Last edited by rolfard; 12-15-2023 at 09:15 AM.

The excess printing of money hasnt helped the dollar hold its value so part of it is also just that the dollar is worth less.
    Discord: anebriated

Looking for old characters:
    Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

Every time Seran posts about shit like this all he does is confirm to everyone that he's a chronically unemployed welfare case.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Anebriated View Post
    The excess printing of money hasnt helped the dollar hold its value so part of it is also just that the dollar is worth less.
    The dollar is far from worthless, is it worth the same as it was before? Nope, but no currency really is.
    The dollar is still(and will be for the unforeseeable future) the defacto currency, which makes it more valuable than every other one.
    Last edited by Solkern; 12-15-2023 at 10:10 AM.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Precious metals like commie surplus steel cased bi-metal 7.62x39 is way up. Diversify your portfolio.

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    The dollar is far from worthless, is it worth the same as it was before? Nope, but no currency really is.
    The dollar is still(and will be for the unforeseeable future) the defacto currency, which makes it more valuable than every other one.

I didnt say it was worthless, but inflation is generally caused by monetary printing. Things arent getting more expensive, the dollar just isnt worth as much. When you look at the way the system was created this was always the goal. We pay interest on the money that we borrow from the federal reserve. That means that we need to borrow more to pay the interest. With out of control spending it is only speeding up the process, thats why myself and many others constantly call for cutting spending to reel it in and slow the decline.
    Discord: anebriated

Looking for old characters:
    Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    "Worth less" is not the same as "worthless"

You literally just said that the dollar is worth less, confirming what Anebriated posted.

Thank you Captain Obvious.
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 12-15-2023 at 10:37 AM.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.