Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: 14 Mass Shootings in the USA Over Memorial Day Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but in the eyes of the law, unless a death is involved, aren’t they both considered(the same) attempted murder and/or assault with a deadly weapon?
    I'm referring to the physical differences between "being shot at" and "being shot."

Uh, yeah… anyways.

Pretty sure if you shoot someone(They live) or shoot at someone, it’s considered assault with a deadly weapon. If the intent was found to kill, both instances they would be charged with attempted murder. I don’t think being shot at, or being shot makes a difference if the victim lives, in the eyes of the law.
    Being "shot at" implies that you weren't hit.

Being shot means you were.

Stop being obtuse.
    Last edited by Methais; 06-10-2022 at 10:37 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Stop being obtuse.
    Good luck with that request.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

I'm referring to the physical differences between "being shot at" and "being shot."

Being "shot at" implies that you weren't hit.

Being shot means you were.

Stop being obtuse.
    I’m well aware of what you meant, my question was referring to the law aspect of it.
    Last edited by Solkern; 06-10-2022 at 11:14 AM.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Way to try and downplay it. He didn't just "get shot at" he literally got shot. With bullets that penetrated his body. And he almost died.

There's a pretty huge difference between "being shot" and "being shot at," not that I would expect a megatard like you to understand the difference though. Even if you weren't too stupid to understand it, you'd still be too full of shit to acknowledge it, because the only things you do is be a massive retard, and argue in bad faith.

TLDR: You're a giant tard like usual
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but in the eyes of the law, unless a death is involved, aren’t they both considered(the same) attempted murder and/or assault with a deadly weapon?

I’m well aware of what you meant, my question was referring to the law aspect of it.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible