Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: 14 Mass Shootings in the USA Over Memorial Day Weekend

If you limit my ability to purchase an AR platform, I will just have a reason to finally buy that Binelli M4 I have been wanting, and instead of having 30 rounds and then reload, I will have 168 pellets of .24 caliber or 64 of .33 caliber, although I find 00 buck to be a little overkill, #4 is my preference. Tell me again how AR platform rifles are so dangerous. There is a reason a shotgun is called a street howitzer, in close quarters the damage it does is hard to imagine. But you go on thinking that banning something that is responsible for less than 700 deaths a year will have even a measurable blip on the murder rate.

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    If you limit my ability to purchase an AR platform, I will just have a reason to finally buy that Binelli M4 I have been wanting, and instead of having 30 rounds and then reload, I will have 168 pellets of .24 caliber or 64 of .33 caliber, although I find 00 buck to be a little overkill, #4 is my preference. Tell me again how AR platform rifles are so dangerous. There is a reason a shotgun is called a street howitzer, in close quarters the damage it does is hard to imagine. But you go on thinking that banning something that is responsible for less than 700 deaths a year will have even a measurable blip on the murder rate.
    I wouldn't call 25% a "blip"...

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    If banning AR15’s would drop the number of gun deaths in the US by 25%, would you be willing to give up your AR15?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I wouldn't call 25% a "blip"...
    Haven't we already covered how flawed his math is?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Hope they raise the age to serve in the Military to 21 then.
    Hope they raise the age to vote to 21 then.
    Hope they raise the age a person must pay taxes to 21 then.

If 18 is considered legally an adult... then all rights should be afforded that adult as a citizen of the country.

21 is an arbitrary number designed to get people to first give an inch... then they take everything.
    Why do minors pay taxes anyway if they can't vote? That 16 year old working the drive through is a victim of taxation without representation.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    Haven't we already covered how flawed his math is?
    I'm still hoping Shaft will come back and show his math.......
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

A lesson for those that think law abiding citizens shouldn't have guns. This isn't new, and it won't ever change. Criminals will do criminal shit... and when the Police or corrupt DAs won't fix the issue and secure an area for law abiding citizens (ie. what's currently happening in many cities)... then the right to self-defense is the correct answer.

The gun laws are fine. Lazy, inept application of them due to human error and ignorance is the issue. Stop throwing in responsible gun owners with maniacs who abuse and ignore the laws already on the books.

A lesson for those that think law abiding citizens shouldn't have guns. This isn't new, and it won't ever change. Criminals will do criminal shit... and when the Police or corrupt DAs won't fix the issue and secure an area for law abiding citizens (ie. what's currently happening in many cities)... then the right to self-defense is the correct answer.

The gun laws are fine. Lazy, inept application of them due to human error and ignorance is the issue. Stop throwing in responsible gun owners with maniacs who abuse and ignore the laws already on the books.
    This would be more compelling if it weren't coming from someone who lives in the only fully industrialized country with a mass shooting problem

https://www.factsinstitute.com/ranki...more%20rows%20

I've been in more shithole countries than you can imagine, so your argument about living in the US is moot... we don't have a "mass shooting problem"... as I posted previously, 20k murders in 2020 due to guns in the United States (included a CDC data link also) out of 350m people. That is .005%. If you remove all the ones in Democrat run cities, we'd easily be below 8k if not more.

So excuse me for thinking critically. Your argument would be more compelling if it weren't coming from a blinded partisan hack.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    This would be more compelling if it were coming from someone who supports my position in a fully industrialized country with a mass personal responsibility problem that refuses to protect schools in an adequate manner.
    ftfy

So excuse me for thinking critically. Your argument would be more compelling if it weren't coming from a complete moron with 387 degrees that thinks that men can give birth and breast feed.
    Last edited by ~Rocktar~; 06-08-2022 at 11:15 AM.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

https://www.factsinstitute.com/ranki...more%20rows%20

I've been in more shithole countries than you can imagine, so your argument about living in the US is moot... we don't have a "mass shooting problem"... as I posted previously, 20k murders in 2020 due to guns in the United States (included a CDC data link also) out of 350m people. That is .005%. If you remove all the ones in Democrat run cities, we'd easily be below 8k if not more.

So excuse me for thinking critically. Your argument would be more compelling if it weren't coming from a blinded partisan hack.
    Suicides more than double that number in the United States, and with 80% of murders in our country being from firearms, we have a gun death epidemic that must be stopped.

What share of U.S. gun deaths are murders and what share are suicides?

Though they tend to get less public attention than gun-related murders, suicides have long accounted for the majority of U.S. gun deaths. In 2020, 54% of all gun-related deaths in the U.S. were suicides (24,292), while 43% were murders (19,384), according to the CDC. The remaining gun deaths that year were unintentional (535), involved law enforcement (611) or had undetermined circumstances (400).

What share of all murders and suicides in the U.S. involve a gun?

Nearly eight-in-ten (79%) U.S. murders in 2020 – 19,384 out of 24,576 – involved a firearm. That marked the highest percentage since at least 1968, the earliest year for which the CDC has online records. A little over half (53%) of all suicides in 2020 – 24,292 out of 45,979 – involved a gun, a percentage that has generally remained stable in recent years.
    https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...hs-in-the-u-s/

But hey, we're only number TWO in the world for the number of gun deaths in 2019, so in Republican speak, everything is fine.

Countries with the Highest Total Gun Deaths (all causes) in 2019

Brazil — 49,436
    United States — 37,038
    Venezuela — 28,515
    Mexico — 22,116
    India — 14,710
    Colombia — 13,169
    Philippines — 9,267
    Guatemala — 5,980
    https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...ths-by-country