Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Pedoanne | Caropedo | Pedobait ban & you

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LOL BRIELUS View Post
    Lol wtf. This is a family game. How do they even allow this stuff
    It is!!!

Dear Parents,

My name is Eric. I'm the father of five children and in addition to being a game producer for Simutronics, I worked for over six years as the Product Manager of Simutronics' Multiplayer Roleplaying Game, DragonRealms. I understand, as a parent, that you feel concern for your child's welfare in the mysterious and sometimes cryptic realm of text-based on-line games. To help you understand what we are all about, I've written this letter to inform you about our company, our games, and the sorts of activities you can expect your child to be participating in.

The majority of our games are text-based multiplayer games run by our IFE (Interactive Fiction Engine). Each of our IFE games supports a unique environment in which users role-play (that is, play act) their characters. Like actors on a stage, when players role-play, they assume the identity of the character that they have created, acting as if they were a real adventurer in a strange new world.

If you've ever read Tolkien's Lord of the Rings trilogy or C. S. Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia; if you've ever seen the movie "Neverending Story" or Disney's "Fantasia", then you will have an idea what our games are all about. We create fantasy worlds in which players get to pretend to be the characters of the book rather than reading about them. In many ways, our players are writing their own story.

As far as winning the game goes, that is entirely up to the players. They decide what the goals are within the game, and then work to achieve those goals. Some may want to be the most powerful Mage, or the most respected Empath. Some may simply want to play the role of an honorable Warrior who rescues people in distress and combats the evil monsters that invaded the land. Some players measure success by the amount of personal wealth that they amass. In the end, it's the player that decides how their story will play out and what it is they want to achieve.

Many people play our games at the same time, from various online services and the Internet. As players wander around the game, they will encounter other players and be able to interact with them in a variety of ways. Interaction between players can take many forms, from simply sitting in the town square chatting with other players, to working together to solve a puzzle, or heading off into the wilds in search of adventure.

Indeed, the mechanics of our games emphasize cooperation rather than competition. Players must work together in teams in order to effectively fight invading creatures, or solve complex puzzles. They are not encouraged to compete for resources or combat each other in battle. Communication skills are utilized with regularity, encouraging improvement in language, typing and grammar skills. In addition, the anonymity granted by the simulated text-based environment allows shy children to feel less threatened and freer to socialize in a healthy atmosphere where player interaction is regulated by a staff of over 150 GameMasters.

Few online gaming companies have more experience than Simutronics, which has produced online games for ten years. We have received the prestigious "Member's Choice Award" from AOL, the "Online Game of the Year, 1993 Award" from Computer Gaming World Magazine for CyberStrike, and received both teenage and child approval ratings from Microsystems.

At Simutronics, we care about promoting a family atmosphere that can allow players of all ages to participate in and enjoy our games. Day and night our GameMasters monitor for public incidents of vulgarity, sexually explicit language, unlawful conduct and harassment. Repeat offenders may find themselves locked out of the games for a period of time up to three months, or indefinitely. A safe, healthy environment is very important to our staff, which specifically designs the games in order to promote teamwork and creativity.

There is a lot of talk these days about the dangers of the Internet. Much of these concerns are similar to the concerns we all have as parents when our children go to the shopping mall or camping or even school. We want our children to be safe but still be able to enjoy their life. When a child has a problem at school, he/she can go find a teacher who can then protect them. When a player has a problem with someone in our games, he/she can instantly contact a GameMaster for help.

In many ways, our games are a safer place than the local park or playground. Your child can simply log off if needed. Safety is as close as typing QUIT. If someone harasses your child in real life, he/she may not be able to get help right away. In our games, help is as close as typing REPORT. Wouldn't you feel better if your child in real life could get help instantly when needed?

While our games are maintained as a safe environment (GameMasters work hard to keep it that way), the same common sense cautions apply to our games as they do to any place you allow your child to attend. While GameMasters have the capability to monitor anything that happens in the game, they can't monitor everything all the time. So, we highly encourage you to watch what your child is doing in the game. Pop in unexpectedly from time to time and watch and ask questions.

But does that make us a "G" rated game? No, we consider ourselves a "PG" or even "PG-13" (we have some graphic descriptions of violence in our combat) game. It's not for every child. Naturally, we encourage parents to guide their children in the use of the game. Our standards might not be your standards.

Our game has thousands of other people who can potentially interact with your child and we cannot guarantee that they will behave themselves appropriately all the time. There's nothing that we can put in place that can replace you as a parent. No matter how safe we make the our games, we hope that every parent will still monitor their child's activity in the game.

I've watched my child (aged 13) play DragonRealms and she has become a better reader, a better typist (she went from hunt and peck to touch typing), learned how to communicate more clearly, learned better how to interact with others responsibly and has grown socially and creatively. I believe this can happen to your child as well. In fact, they'll be enjoying themselves so much that they won't even realize how much they are learning.

Yours sincerely,

Eric Slick
    Simutronics Game Producer

P.S. If you ever have questions about your child's behavior in the game or have other questions which this letter didn't cover or answer adequately, you can write to custserv@simutronics.com.

https://www.play.net/playdotnet/cser...er_parents.asp
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Methais
    Remember how at one point, they for real expected people to stare at their monitors while forging, even if they're in 200 seconds of RT or something, or else risk getting an afk scripting violation, even if they weren't scripting at all? They at least had enough sense to do away with that retarded rule, but still don't seem to have caught onto the fact that if they made content more engaging instead of tedious to the most extreme levels, it would be scripted a lot less, afk or not afk. Sitting back watching the game play itself is pretty boring too in most situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Uh, not to veer off-topic, but I (as someone who almost caught a warning during the grind to 500 ranks - right as EXP got tied into forging + crafting) am wondering how this is being less implemented (I hope?)
    Still wondering if someone can please educate me on how things changed for forging/crafting and if/how the tedium of trying not to catch a warning was made more player-friendly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell View Post
    Still wondering if someone can please educate me on how things changed for forging/crafting and if/how the tedium of trying not to catch a warning was made more player-friendly?
    The change was made to how policy was enforced regarding crafting. This was done several years back. A lot of crafting will have ridiculously long RT, and you could go through several script checks during that RT. People used to get busted for AFK scripting, even if they weren't running a script at all, because they weren't there during the RT. Now script checks are timed to occur right before and after actions, rather than just during RT.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Pedoanne View Post

[LNet]-GSIV:Peggyanne: "tp flapja Pulls his body back and grabs your hips with both hands. Then and in one smooth transition thrusts forward, again plunging his twitching cock into your hungry asshole. Without pausing he continues the stroke until his cock is pressing fervently against your inner walls"

(
    What's an hungry asshole, pedoanne?

Quote Originally Posted by Xcalibur1 View Post
    What's an hungry asshole, pedoanne?
    Why did you eat something for lunch today?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

6. Default

That letter is signed by someone named eric "slick"
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    That letter is signed by someone named eric "slick"
    There's only one true Slick, and he's the Doctor of Style.

Last edited by Methais; 05-28-2022 at 04:06 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    There's only one true Slick, and he's the Doctor of Style.

Eric Slick would ban him from DragonRealms. In the 90s.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    He was told by one of his spy.
    lmao right... this is too funny
    [LNet]-GSIV:Pathragers: "i try to avoid talking on here as much as i can as well"

10. Default

the osa scripts have the ability to issue commands to the group through private lnet servers.. it's really pretty genius. I wish Peggy didn't make himself a target, because this type of logic could have been very usefully if it had not been made illegal.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Pathragers: "i try to avoid talking on here as much as i can as well"