Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaked Majority Opinion- SCOTUS seems on track to overrule Roe v Wade entirely

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    You mean like the right to personal gun ownership? The one that was based on the exact right to privacy Roe is based on?
    Gun ownership is a Constitutionally protected right.

Abortion is not.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

this makes my brain hurt... allowed access to abortion causes deaths? I don't think there is a single person who would argue that if it was medically needed shut it down for the life of the mother.

Violent insurrectionist Democrats have already threatened to burn down the supreme court and kill justices.

I'm sure any minute now we'll be hearing from the leftist media and from Democrats denouncing these violent insurrectionists and we can count on the FBI doing months of investigations to bring all of these violent criminals to justice.

Oh who am I kidding? The media and Democrats will praise them for being heroes.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 05-02-2022 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Gun ownership is a Constitutionally protected right.

Abortion is not.
    Currently they both are constitutionally protected rights, and they are both rights based on the right to privacy affirmed in Roe. Yes- Roe v Wade is what led to the right to individual gun ownership. But these issues are so important to you that I'm sure you were well aware of that.

The notion of personal gun ownership as a constitutional right was explicitly denied by SCOTUS until the Heller case in 2008. And SCOTUS didn't decide that the 2nd Amendment applied to states and localities until 2010 in the McDonald case. There were a lot of conservative legal minds that lambasted Heller in particular for reaffirming the right to privacy that has guaranteed a right to an abortion since Roe.

Those cases overturned centuries of precedent. The earliest 2nd Amendment cases made it clear that it only applied to Congress and only in situations involving formal militia. And they were all adamant that the 2nd Amendment did not confer a right to individual gun ownership- it simply restrained Congress from creating certain restrictions.

Currently they both are constitutionally protected rights
    Nope. Cite exactly where the word "abortion" appears in the constitution. Thanks.

Currently they both are constitutionally protected rights, and they are both rights based on the right to privacy affirmed in Roe. Yes- Roe v Wade is what led to the right to individual gun ownership. But these issues are so important to you that I'm sure you were well aware of that.

The notion of personal gun ownership as a constitutional right was explicitly denied by SCOTUS until the Heller case in 2008. And SCOTUS didn't decide that the 2nd Amendment applied to states and localities until 2010 in the McDonald case. There were a lot of conservative legal minds that lambasted Heller in particular for reaffirming the right to privacy that has guaranteed a right to an abortion since Roe.

Those cases overturned centuries of precedent. The earliest 2nd Amendment cases made it clear that it only applied to Congress and only in situations involving formal militia. And they were all adamant that the 2nd Amendment did not confer a right to individual gun ownership- it simply restrained Congress from creating certain restrictions.
    So far, you are claiming that overturning Roe v Wade will:

1) Cause more women to die.
    2) Cause more people to live in poverty.
    3) Cause the 2nd Amendment to be magically abolished.

I understand this is a very emotional time for you right now.. first this, then November when we set the country back on track.. but just push through sweetie. You'll be ok.

It's not all bad.. you just got the Ministry of Disinformation.. that's a win for a couple months for you, no?

Maybe double up on the Zoloft until the Democrats get some sort of win?
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 05-03-2022 at 07:24 AM.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

I hope they figure out which woke ass liberal leaked this ruling and make an example out of them.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I hope they figure out which woke ass liberal leaked this ruling and make an example out of them.
    The identify and motivation of the leaker is nearly as interesting as the change in the law. Several possibilities..

• It's COVID's fault. The judges have been working from home because of COVID. It's not hard to image that some of the older judges may have needed help from their family to use their computer. Given access to the biggest secret in Washington, those family members may have found it hard to keep the secret. Most likely candidates are Breyer, Thomas and Alito.

• The leaked opinion is the final decision, and the leak was a political move by a pro-choice person. A judge, clerk or the romantic interest of a judge or clerk who is pro-choice could have leaked it. Leaking it would have the effect of forcing Republican primary candidates to take positions today in favor of the leaked opinion, making it harder to move to the middle during the general election. By now, the person who leaked it will know whether or not the leaked opinion from February is likely to be the final decision.

• The leaked opinion is not the final decision, and the leak was by a pro-life person. The leaker or the leaker's romantic interest could have leaked it to blunt the political backlash. If people get worked up over a rumored overturning of Roe but the final decision just cuts back at Roe, then the political backlash when the decision is finally released will be less.

• Conservative judges are wavering, and the leak was by a pro-life person. With a five person majority, Alito cannot afford to lose a single vote. If one of the five judges who appears to have joined the draft opinion is wavering, then leaking the opinion will make it hard for the wavering judge to withdraw, because withdrawing form the opinion would appear to be a concession to public pressure. In this scenario, the wavering judge would have to be Barrett, Kavanaugh and/or Gorsuch, and the leaker would be someone other than one of those three.

• The court was hacked. Probably Russia.

Whatever it was, I agree that the leaker needs to be identified. Chief Justice Roberts is not qualified to conduct the investigation himself. He needs to call in some experts from the FBI.

And get ready for the backlash! If the leaked opinion is the final decision, then it's going to be the biggest backlash to a court decision since Brown v. Board.
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

We're on track for a very dark day.

You can read the draft here. It's not a guarantee of the final ruling, but this is where we are headed: decades into the past.
    Oh.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

10. Default

You mean like the right to personal gun ownership? The one that was based on the exact right to privacy Roe is based on?

There's a constitutional amendment specifically for arms, separate from privacy