Thread: On Getting a Boost

Default On Getting a Boost

In the month of January 2022,
    58,000 Americans died of COVID, of whom
    12,000 were fully vaccinated, of whom
    4,000 were vaccinated and boosted.

COVID was the leading cause of death in America,
    the third leading cause of death for vaccinated Americans, and
    the fourth leading cause of death for vaccinated and boosted Americans.
    (This doesn't sound like much of an improvement but it is, 4th happens to be way lower than 3rd.)

There are 38 countries in the OECD.
    Of these, America ranks 37th in the % of people who got their first dose receiving their second.
    And it is a distant 37th:

While every other OECD country (except Colombia!) has seen more than 90% of the people who received their first dose return for their second, in America we are just below 85%. Note that this has nothing to with people who have not been vaccinated at all: 16,000,000 Americans simply never completed the journey from partially vaccinated to fully vaccinated. We do better in the % of people who received their second dose going back for their booster, ranking all the way up at 33rd! But we still do an objectively bad job, with only 44% of our fully vaccinated getting boosted when many countries are already in the 70%s, leaving 120,000,000 Americans in that third leading cause of death bin. It is also not a question of being slow and steady, in both cases the rate of increase has slowed dramatically:

29 days it took us to get from 10% of the population fully vaccinated to 20%,
    20 days from 20% to 30%,
    23 days from 30% to 40%,
    63 days from 40% to 50%,
    135 days from 50% to 60%, and
    94 days later we haven't even reached 65%.

37 days it took us to get from 10% of the population boosted to 20%, and
    72 days later we still haven't reached 30%.

Pending a sudden, significant, and sustained push for the vaccinated to get boosted, we likely will never reach even half the population boosted as deadlier and deadlier variants continue to emerge.

I keep posting the numbers about the risk the vaccinated still face because without them we cannot make informed decisions about whether things like the mild inconvenience of a booster shot or the very mild inconvenience of a mask are worth it. Breakthrough deaths for the boosted in February are not yet available, but even though total deaths were about the same at 59,000 breakthrough deaths for the fully vaccinated in total in February markedly increased to 16,000.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

On getting over it.

I'm convinced this is satire at this point
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

Get help Latrinesorm.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

" as deadlier and deadlier variants continue to emerge"

Covid is not magic, and this is not how viruses generally work. And many poor countries are barely vaccinated, if you are concerned about variants, send your 4th booster there. Get vaccinated, get boosted, but quit LARPing a dystopian movie script.

Covid no longer exists. The NFL just said so, earlier today.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...reasing-spread

7. Default

You don't even need masks anymore, because science (not politics).
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    You don't even need masks anymore, because science (not politics).
    Completely not political at all............................................... ..........................................
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    In the month of January 2022,
    58,000 Americans died of COVID, of whom
    12,000 were fully vaccinated, of whom
    4,000 were vaccinated and boosted.

COVID was the leading cause of death in America,
    the third leading cause of death for vaccinated Americans, and
    the fourth leading cause of death for vaccinated and boosted Americans.
    (This doesn't sound like much of an improvement but it is, 4th happens to be way lower than 3rd.)

There are 38 countries in the OECD.
    Of these, America ranks 37th in the % of people who got their first dose receiving their second.
    And it is a distant 37th:

While every other OECD country (except Colombia!) has seen more than 90% of the people who received their first dose return for their second, in America we are just below 85%. Note that this has nothing to with people who have not been vaccinated at all: 16,000,000 Americans simply never completed the journey from partially vaccinated to fully vaccinated. We do better in the % of people who received their second dose going back for their booster, ranking all the way up at 33rd! But we still do an objectively bad job, with only 44% of our fully vaccinated getting boosted when many countries are already in the 70%s, leaving 120,000,000 Americans in that third leading cause of death bin. It is also not a question of being slow and steady, in both cases the rate of increase has slowed dramatically:

29 days it took us to get from 10% of the population fully vaccinated to 20%,
    20 days from 20% to 30%,
    23 days from 30% to 40%,
    63 days from 40% to 50%,
    135 days from 50% to 60%, and
    94 days later we haven't even reached 65%.

37 days it took us to get from 10% of the population boosted to 20%, and
    72 days later we still haven't reached 30%.

Pending a sudden, significant, and sustained push for the vaccinated to get boosted, we likely will never reach even half the population boosted as deadlier and deadlier variants continue to emerge.

I keep posting the numbers about the risk the vaccinated still face because without them we cannot make informed decisions about whether things like the mild inconvenience of a booster shot or the very mild inconvenience of a mask are worth it. Breakthrough deaths for the boosted in February are not yet available, but even though total deaths were about the same at 59,000 breakthrough deaths for the fully vaccinated in total in February markedly increased to 16,000.
    Can you please make a thread called On Buying Cold Cuts?

Until this is done, please shut the fuck up.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

oh wow, I completely didn't notice he made another one in his series of On being fucking retarded.
    Last edited by Gelston; 03-04-2022 at 09:38 AM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam