Page 53 of 99 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 984

Thread: US Oil Producers Fail to Produce

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    What's a little attempt to overthrow our democracy in the face of that?!?
    Murdering Supreme Court justices that don't vote the way you want them to is ok though, am I right?

    https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/08/polit...ome/index.html

    (and no, no it's not.)
    Last edited by Furryrat; 06-08-2022 at 11:49 AM. Reason: just in case

  2. #522
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Gas in my area has gone up almost 1 dollar a gallon in less than a week.
    The start of the year in MN (at least in the metro area) you've been required to pay at the pump or pre-pay inside......I'm thinking someone was in the know about how much gas was going to continue to climb so they enacted this law to keep people in check for paying for gas so there aren't more drive offs.

    Gas was around $3.00 here at the start of the year, now it's pushing $4.75 around here.

  3. #523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    now it's pushing $4.75 around here.
    Lucky. It was $5.35 near me yesterday, and I don't live anywhere near the Democrat tax states of NY or CA.

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    The start of the year in MN (at least in the metro area) you've been required to pay at the pump or pre-pay inside......I'm thinking someone was in the know about how much gas was going to continue to climb so they enacted this law to keep people in check for paying for gas so there aren't more drive offs.

    Gas was around $3.00 here at the start of the year, now it's pushing $4.75 around here.
    Same experience here in FL. I remember early in the year hitting a gas station outside my usual area and they pre-authorized my credit card at the pump for 100 bucks, and a tank was still under $50 for me at the time. They were definitely expecting some theft losses.

    Sadly, while regular is around that $4.80 mark here, I have to use premium which I have paid up to $5.90 for, so far.

  5. #525

    Default

    I don’t think we are that far off from working class calling in sick at least some days as they can’t afford to drive in. Imagine the impact to our daily lives when the backbone of our country is unable to afford the cost of business required for them to work.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 06-08-2022 at 02:55 PM.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    I don’t think we are that far off from working class calling in sick at least some days as they can’t afford to drive in. Imagine the impact to our daily lives when the backbone of our country is unable to afford the cost of business required for them to work.
    The really scary thing to think about, is what happens if a major hurricane heads into the Gulf of Mexico this summer and forces all the refineries and rigs to shut down?

    Bad times. Very bad times.

  7. #527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Furryrat View Post
    The really scary thing to think about, is what happens if a major hurricane heads into the Gulf of Mexico this summer and forces all the refineries and rigs to shut down?

    Bad times. Very bad times.
    Don't worry though, Democrats are currently focusing on a largely peaceful protest in which the only person murdered was an innocent unarmed woman, and the focus is on how supposedly evil said innocent unarmed woman was.

  8. #528
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Furryrat View Post
    The really scary thing to think about, is what happens if a major hurricane heads into the Gulf of Mexico this summer and forces all the refineries and rigs to shut down?

    Bad times. Very bad times.
    4 years ago or so one of the two refineries in MN had some kind of explosion that shut it down for a short while. On my way to work that day, before the news came out or before the explosion happened, gas was (going from memory here) around $2.00. When I left for home the gas stations were at $2.50.

    The refinery explosion had pretty much zero impact on gas getting out to places, yet gas prices immediately jumped when the news broke and it took weeks for the prices to come back down.

    The whole pricing situation at the pumps is a fucking joke. All those times that oil has dropped lower, the gas prices don't budge. As soon as the oil prices spike a little, gas prices jump. It doesn't matter if there's a war going on, refinery closures or if some ass-hat in charge closed down a pipeline, reduced drilling or other reasons....gas will instantly jump and slowly trickle back down.

  9. #529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Furryrat View Post
    Murdering Supreme Court justices that don't vote the way you want them to is ok though, am I right?

    https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/08/polit...ome/index.html

    (and no, no it's not.)
    You know a bunch of the mentally ill, alt-leftists like time4fun and Seran are like:

    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsa`ah View Post
    Well tell that to the Naval hospital that issued a birth certificate labeled Ft Lejeune ... and then typed it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

  10. #530

    Default

    Hey, speaking of idiots in Big Oil. The CEO of Chevron stepped to the plate today and opined that high gasoline prices will make reduce our dependence on fossil fuels through alternative fuels, hybrids, electric vehicles and high fuel efficiency less tenable to the American people. As if high gasoline prices are going to ensure them to continuing to pay out the nose to subsidize Big Oil's record breaking profits out of sheer loyalty.

    Chevron CEO: Record Gasoline Prices Could Limit Support For Green Energy

    Record-high fuel prices in many countries could erode public support for an energy transition as consumers have started to identify the high prices with the green energy push, according to Chevron’s CEO Mike Wirth.


    “One of the things I worry the most about is a period of high prices that voters begin to identify with energy transition ambitions,” Wirth said this week as carried by Reuters.


    The accelerated timelines for renewable energy sources in response to governments’ ambitions to eliminate dependence on Russian energy amid the ongoing net-zero efforts could have an unintended consequence of lifting prices and slowing the transition, the chief executive of the U.S. oil and gas supermajor said.


    “That can erode the public support that will be necessary for the energy transition,” Wirth said. “There is a bit of a paradox that I observe.”


    The world needs policies to cut emissions, not restrict oil and gas production until it becomes self-sufficient in renewable energy, according to Wirth.
    https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-N...CCxLWCmTGcs2vo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •