Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Spotify and Free Speech

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Again... everyone here is trying ignore the fact that certain "social media sites/functions" are how BILLIONS of people communicate.

Not recognizing that fact, or trying to ignore it, leads to this utter back and forth bullshit. It's again... for the third time... how people can argue this non-stop depending on what way they're feeling that day - to support their position.

Certain entities have taken over (ie. "official Twitter accounts for the Office of the President") - but they can still censor that "Official" Twitter Account of a sitting President....

If people want to be blind to that...and argue that Twitter (and those like it) are "just normal private companies"... you are being 100% disingenuous. Hell most "news" is just "news agencies" posting links to Facebook/Twitter/etc... they are in effect "public utilities" aka "telecom companies" aka "the 21st century Phone company".

Stop trying to make like they're not. This isn't some small company trying to make a buck.
    They are ONE OPTION that billions of people have to communicate. Kicking someone off of FB or Twitter doesn't prevent them from communicating.

It's actually pretty difficult to keep people from communicating online, in case you didn't know. There are wholeass nations that completely block FB and Twitter, but people still use Telegram and Signal and other encrypted messaging to get around it.

Remove all the artificial protections offered by Congress and let the legal system sort it out.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Remove all the artificial protections offered by Congress and let the legal system sort it out.
    ^^ This
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    It is about giving preferential treatment to the speech of conservatives who want to post the aforementioned content on someone else's private space over the 1st amendment rights of those who own that space. That is NOT what free speech is. This current notion on the right that freedom means never being told no, no matter whose rights are trampled on the process, is perversely wrong. They are trying to get the government to give them privileged speech, and they're doing it by intentionally ignoring or downplaying the rights of other private individuals who then have to lose their own 1st amendment rights in order to give these conservatives what they want.
    Pretty sure it's about the heavy handed leftist selective enforcement of their own "rules" where as long as they agree with what's being said, then the rules don't matter.

But you knew that already. You're just a huge liar.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Down for this.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

6. Default

So apparently not all of Neil Young's work is off of Spotify.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    That's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    There's more than 1 song?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Well I hope Neil Young will remember a Southern man don’t need him around.

(That’s seriously what comes to my mind when I try to think of a Neil Young song.)
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 02-17-2022 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Well I hope Neil Young will remember a Southern man don’t need him around.

(That’s seriously what comes to my mind when I try to think of a Neil Young song.)
    Same.

Followed closely by "keep on rockin the free world"

I can't explain why but him and Dylan have always been on a short list of harsh vocalists that get some acclaim, but that I'm not really into. From his era I love some songs by Janis, Hendrix, or even Crosby, but I've never really loved a Neil Young song.
    Last edited by Bhaalizmo; 02-26-2022 at 11:37 AM.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription