Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Never point a gun at someone you aren't willing to kill.
    100% this.

I believe Alec Baldwin is a terrible human being who is always, always, always looking out for himself... but I don't see charges being brought up against him. That interview highlights what a piece of garbage he really is.

He will be sued and hopefully lose a great deal of money over this... but I doubt he will see anything even remotely like jail.
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 12-06-2021 at 04:11 PM.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Blog Entries

Honestly, I'm surprised they use real weapons.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Honestly, I'm surprised they use real weapons.
    Why? Do you not go to the movies? I think you guys parroting your junior high gun safety rules like they apply to a movie set are ignoring reality because you hate Alec Baldwin. You'd be ridiculing action movies where no one points their guns at anyone just as much as you're hating on Alec Baldwin now if not pointing guns at anyone was a rule followed when making movies.

In before, "but CGI!"
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Why? Do you not go to the movies? I think you guys parroting your junior high gun safety rules like they apply to a movie set are ignoring reality because you hate Alec Baldwin. You'd be ridiculing action movies where no one points their guns at anyone just as much as you're hating on Alec Baldwin now if not pointing guns at anyone was a rule followed when making movies.

In before, "but CGI!"
    They weren't even filming a scene and apparently they said the scene they were rehearsing at the time might not even make it in the film. So why point the gun at someone and pull the trigger? My bad! Pull the hammer back as far as it will go and let go.

Also if you're just taking another person's word for it that the gun you are playing with isn't loaded without checking it out yourself then you should be held responsible. You think anyone else other than a Democrat Hollywood douchebag would be treated with kid gloves like this?

I can just see this defense being tried out in the inner city. "Yo it's not my fault! Someone handed me the gun and said it wasn't loaded before I shot three people dead!" Even you would probably laugh at the absurdity.

Oh but they were practicing for a movie? Oh well then! Totally not Alec Baldwin's fault!
    Last edited by Tgo01; 12-06-2021 at 07:54 PM.

In before, "but CGI!"
    You're, for whatever reason, ignoring that he pointed a gun at someone that had no acting role. In fact, the person that was shot was in charge of the weapons in question. Now, yes, you can place the blame directly on that person as it was their job to secure, check and recheck those weapons. Did they deserve to die though? Because some Hollywood special boy decided he wanted to get edgy and point a gun, not knowing it was loaded (but used it prior to shoot at things) and pulling the trigger? No.

And it's really easy to go "it's a movie set, pointing the gun at people is normal" but it doesn't take more than .3 seconds to realize he was pointing a real weapon and squeezing the trigger at people who weren't involved in the actual scenes. As a gag. As a funny. Well, someone is dead now so... good joke?

I mean, to me it's negligent homicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    You're, for whatever reason, ignoring that he pointed a gun at someone that had no acting role. In fact, the person that was shot was in charge of the weapons in question. Now, yes, you can place the blame directly on that person as it was their job to secure, check and recheck those weapons. Did they deserve to die though? Because some Hollywood special boy decided he wanted to get edgy and point a gun, not knowing it was loaded (but used it prior to shoot at things) and pulling the trigger? No.

And it's really easy to go "it's a movie set, pointing the gun at people is normal" but it doesn't take more than .3 seconds to realize he was pointing a real weapon and squeezing the trigger at people who weren't involved in the actual scenes. As a gag. As a funny. Well, someone is dead now so... good joke?

I mean, to me it's negligent homicide.
    Wasn't the guy who died the cinematographer?
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

7. Default

I agree with Kerl. Been thinking the same thing the whole time. Movies are make believe, and people point guns at each other all the time. Not involved in making movies obviously. I mean John Wick wouldn't be the same if all the scenes of him pointing a gun at someone where CGI'd or cut together.

Balwin is a douche and accidents happen. He and anyone with money will probably pay for this.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    I agree with Kerl. Been thinking the same thing the whole time. Movies are make believe, and people point guns at each other all the time. Not involved in making movies obviously. I mean John Wick wouldn't be the same if all the scenes of him pointing a gun at someone where CGI'd or cut together.

Balwin is a douche and accidents happen. He and anyone with money will probably pay for this.
    People go to jail all the time for accidentally shooting and killing a person. There is a police officer on trial right now who might go to jail for the rest of her life for doing exactly that.

I'll give Baldwin the benefit of the doubt that he didn't know the gun was loaded with a real bullet and didn't mean to murder the woman, but we have all kinds of laws on the books that deal with an accidental killing.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    People go to jail all the time for accidentally shooting and killing a person. There is a police officer on trial right now who might go to jail for the rest of her life for doing exactly that.

I'll give Baldwin the benefit of the doubt that he didn't know the gun was loaded with a real bullet and didn't mean to murder the woman, but we have all kinds of laws on the books that deal with an accidental killing.
    Last I checked he can still be charged. It's not like he went out and intentionally shot someone. It's a work accident.
    Last edited by Suppa Hobbit Mage; 12-06-2021 at 09:59 PM.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Wasn't the guy who died the cinematographer?
    I haven't kept up on it and reading over, yes. When the story broke it was initially believed the person in question shot was in charge of the guns, hence why I said it. So I'm wrong on them being responsible, admittedly.

But does that validate pointing a gun at someone largely involved in the lighting as a 'joke'? Does the fact that she's a cinematographer absolve Alec, in your mind?