Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin shooting

Default Alec Baldwin shooting

I'm sure most everyone is familiar with Alec Baldwin shooting two people on a film set and immediately claiming to be the victim after initially seemingly accepting responsibility that he was the one who fired the gun.

Well now he's walking that back by claiming he never pulled the trigger, rather he "pulled the hammer of the gun back as far it would go and then released it" and when he released it the gun went off all by itself apparently.

Okay so I'm not that familiar with guns, especially guns that would have been used in the 1800's. Can someone more knowledgeable help me understand what distinction he is trying to make here?

Wouldn't pulling the hammer back and releasing it pretty much be the same thing as pulling the trigger? Is he trying to make this distinction to try and fool people into thinking he didn't really fire the gun and it somehow went off by itself? Or is what he's claiming legit and pulling the hammer back and releasing it wouldn't cause the gun to go off under normal circumstances?

He is full of shit. I doubt they use real period firearms on the set and new reproductions need the trigger pull to release.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    He is full of shit. I doubt they use real period firearms on the set and new reproductions need the trigger pull to release.
    Yeah from what I heard it was a recreation of a gun from that time period.

if you hold the trigger of some older revolvers and release the hammer that way they can fire, no idea if they were made that way intentionally or it's a wear or design issue, I own a colt revolver that this can happen on, so of course I don't, you know, do it. Even when I think it isn't loaded.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    I own a colt revolver that this can happen on, so of course I don't, you know, do it. Even when I think it isn't loaded.
    Well how dare you be a responsible gun owner.

That interview was obviously set up by his lawyers and his answers were carefully crafted so he would have a decent defense if this ever goes to a trial.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

7. Default

He is an idiot and so are his lawyers if they permitted this. Every statement until charges come out clearly go through counsel, not the client...holy shiz

Quote Originally Posted by LOL BRIELUS View Post
    He is an idiot and so are his lawyers if they permitted this. Every statement until charges come out clearly go through counsel, not the client...holy shiz
    Supposedly someone from the Santa Fe DA told him privately that he's in the clear. The DA's office refuted this statement but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it's true which is why he immediately ran to do an hour long interview the moment he knew he was in the clear.

I especially love his "I don't want to make this interview about myself" and he then proceeds to talk about himself and how this shooting has affected him for an hour.

It isn't the likely minimal jail time I'd be afraid of, it's the massive lawsuits he will face from everyone and their mother.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    It isn't the likely minimal jail time I'd be afraid of, it's the massive lawsuits he will face from everyone and their mother.
    That's probably why he has backtracked on seemingly taking responsibility to now saying he doesn't feel like he's guilty at all and claiming he didn't even pull the trigger, which I find absolute bullshit.

It's all on video though so it will all be used at trial I'm sure.