Thread: New Elf Ranger UCS/UAC build

1. Default New Elf Ranger UCS/UAC build

I am new to ranger class and UCS so would like some feedback on this build.

I am looking to run a hide/ambushing ranger using UCS and spells to assist with crowd control and other combos with UCS.

I like the elf race due to speed with attacks and not so much strength penalty that the smaller races have.

I am only level 6 now so running with a claidhmore until I get enough ranks of hiding/ambush to switch to UCS.

Here are my stats for fast leveling until 20 and will be adjusted before 20 to probably max at 50 then re-adjust after 50. Thoughts on stats after 20 to 50 max?

Race: Elf Profession: Ranger (not shown)
    Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
    Strength (STR): 92 (21) ... 92 (21)
    Constitution (CON): 66 (8) ... 66 (8)
    Dexterity (DEX): 73 (16) ... 73 (16)
    Agility (AGI): 72 (26) ... 72 (26)
    Discipline (DIS): 66 (-7) ... 66 (-7)
    Aura (AUR): 67 (13) ... 67 (13)
    Logic (LOG): 100 (25) ... 100 (25)
    Intuition (INT): 73 (11) ... 73 (11)
    Wisdom (WIS): 51 (0) ... 51 (0)
    Influence (INF): 26 (-2) ... 26 (-2)

Minimum core skills I am shooting for:

Armor Use (8 ranks for doubles)
    Brawling (2.0X)
    Combat Maneuvers (1.0X)
    Ambush (2.0X)
    Physical Fitness (1.0X)
    Stalking and Hiding (2.0X)
    Perception (1.0X)
    Harness Power (1.0X)
    Spell Research
    Ranger (1.0X)

I plan to stay in double leather as long as possible and forever if feasible. I will switch from Two-Handed Weapons to brawling when ready and add more ambush, additional spells, dodging, climb, swim and lores as extra point come up.

What lores would be appropriate for this build if any?

Current skills:

Skill Name | Current Current
    | Bonus Ranks
    Armor Use..........................| 40 8
    Combat Maneuvers...................| 40 8
    Two-Handed Weapons.................| 74 16
    Ambush.............................| 40 8
    Physical Fitness...................| 40 8
    Harness Power......................| 40 8
    Stalking and Hiding................| 74 16
    Perception.........................| 40 8

Spell Lists
    Ranger.............................| 6

As for societies for this build I am thinking Voln or Sunfist. Sunfist is the only one I haven't had much experience with. Any thoughts that would work better for this build? I am leaning towards Sunfist however my concern is stamina for CMANs and keeping Sunfist running.

CMANs was thinking shadow mastery and maybe combat focus if TD is an issue and dirtkick if helpful.

CS from Wild Entropy seems low ATM at 24. Does this seem on par with my level?

What is a good hand/foot gear to look out for UCS?

Thanks!

With help from a Dreavening or the invoker, I have no troubles doing open UCS through level 20. Certainly nothing wrong with the claid. But you can get 0x UAC gloves/boots from Tykel’s Arms in landing and have a wizard put a minor elemental edge on them that makes them 3x which any level can hold. Then can buy cheap 4x gear once you hit level 10. So with the spell help, I have no issues, out in open, and in complete offensive stance the whole time. Just a thought on that part.

3. Default

Good call on the eblade. I went that route for now as I have access to this spell. Thanks for the feedback.

4. Default

Any thoughts on society for a ranger of UAC build?

voln or gos
    standing between the living and the dead

Voln for nearly everyone imo. Super hard to beat
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

My UAC wizard is GoS and he has never looked back. I have a lot of voln alts, but my .02 is for physical classes it is either GoS or CoL and GoS would be my choice over CoL, mostly for sigil of mending. Eating herbs in 3 seconds, actually 1 for a wizard, cannot be beat. Heavy padding on any armor is also hard to beat, my mage has 17 just from his armor and sigil. If you are staying in doubles it is something to think hard on.

Rangers and Bards (and I am sure some of the pures) can really take advantage of Sunfist at mid level and higher as we have plenty of stamina and no good CMAN choices plus we have enough mana.
    Voln is fine and for a UAC maybe you will like hunting undead? But nothing drags you out of hiding like undead do so I never really enjoyed hunting them even when I was full 2x UAC.

9. Default

Thanks all! I think I will try GOS for this build as it will be new for me. For CMANs probably only have shadow master running. Good point on the undead being perceptive as I will be ambushing from the shadows.