Thread: Recommend moving out of New York

Default Recommend moving out of New York

https://www.cato.org/blog/nyc-counci...endment-rights

If you recall what Detroit once was, and currently is....

You're about to see it happen again.

Don't tell them to move, if they do, they come to nice places and spread their Leftist plague.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

I'm fine with governments stripping qualified immunity from the police...as long as they strip qualified immunity from themselves at the same time. Strangely enough not only are politicians not pushing that, but neither are the voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I'm fine with governments stripping qualified immunity from the police...as long as they strip qualified immunity from themselves at the same time. Strangely enough not only are politicians not pushing that, but neither are the voters.
    I agree with that as well
    Semper superne nitens.

I dislike it, when I think there are other options/work arounds.

This will lead to literally every individual arrested filing a lawsuit, because why wouldn't they - and that resulting in an expanded litigation industry.

I hate cops that overstep their bounds, but I also don't lose my mind if they have to defend themselves and force is used.

This will only decrease the police presence and activity in neighborhoods that could use an actual increase in it.

My opinion - we'll see who's right in a couple years. I'm sadly not hopeful for New York unless a change happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post

This will lead to literally every individual arrested filing a lawsuit, because why wouldn't they - and that resulting in an expanded litigation industry.

I hate cops that overstep their bounds, but I also don't lose my mind if they have to defend themselves and force is used.

This will only decrease the police presence and activity in neighborhoods that could use an actual increase in it.

My opinion - we'll see who's right in a couple years. I'm sadly not hopeful for New York unless a change happens.
    If I were a police officer, I would go to a state that better appreciated my efforts. It's a win/win: New York wants to have less police and other places need more.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    If I were a police officer, I would go to a state that better appreciated my efforts. It's a win/win: New York wants to have less police and other places need more.
    If I were a cop in New York I'd be looking for work elsewhere also. It's sad to see a city that was so riddled with crime and depression back in the 60's to 80's get to where it was for about 3 decades and just start backsliding like this.

Look on the bright side though - you won't see articles complaining about "gentrification" in New York anymore. Money won't be flooding back into that area anytime soon, unless something drastically changes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post

This isn’t saying police can’t defend themselves. It is protected folks who are victims of excessive force.

At first I can see a bunch of claims for “excessive force” versus true excessive force but folks will think twice when they have to eat court costs when they lose. I am also curious if police unions will counter sue. If something isnt excessive force and it’s news worthy can they counter sue for defamation?
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    This isn’t saying police can’t defend themselves. It is protected folks who are victims of excessive force.

At first I can see a bunch of claims for “excessive force” versus true excessive force but folks will think twice when they have to eat court costs when they lose. I am also curious if police unions will counter sue. If something isnt excessive force and it’s news worthy can they counter sue for defamation?
    If laws were applied evenly - I can understand your perspective and the proper application of the law to ensure public safety. I'm 100% with you if it were done that way.

Sadly, in my opinion, it is not done that way at all in many jurisdictions currently and ideology overrides the laws intent.

Suppose I'm saying - I don't trust the people entrusted to oversee this. Time will tell.

Edit: And as a side note - I do think police oversight could be better managed and enforced. A yearly review board or some type to examine all incidents in an officers jacket with a Judge's oversight - or something similar to ensure bad cops are not habitually protected by the badge.

Rough math and it's feasibility:

NY city roughly 36,000 police - 5 work days/52 weeks = 260 days - 138 reviews per day on average.
    Let's say - create a commission/working group:

1 Judge - 3 officers - 1 Civilian/HR/Whatever type.... make 5 of such groups (I'd say make 10 such groups, but I'm going bare bones on this)... Each group reviews 27 officer case files a day. Average 3 an hour. These review boards are separate from the police union etc, and assigned to the DAs office or under the Mayor's supervision, etc. giving them autonomy from other influences.

Many of the files will be super fast because administrators, etc. in the force that have minimal contact with suspects/community.

This continual, rolling, daily oversight of officer activity by representatives from the Judicial, Law, and Community would help reduce bad officers from continued bad behavior and allow their dismissal or prosecution if warranted. It would help community relations. It would help streamline a reporting process.

If a complaint is lodged against an officer - the review board that handles that officers annual review pulls up his/her file and the person issuing the complaint is scheduled an appointment with that specific board. Etc. etc.

Something like this would be better than allow criminals a free field day of continuous lawsuits to randomly be filed IMO.
    Last edited by Shaps; 04-02-2021 at 01:14 PM.