Page 186 of 187 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187 LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 1862

Thread: Terrorists break into US Capitol Building

Surprisingly no arrests have been made yet of all of the left-wing terrorists who have attacked several state capitols in recent months.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Surprisingly no arrests have been made yet of all of the left-wing terrorists who have attacked several state capitols in recent months.
    Wow it's almost as if you're conflating very different things!!! HUH! Imagine that.

Hey look, Donald is gonna be in Time Magazine again, good for him.

Donald Trump was criminally indicted for a third time on Aug. 1 as a Washington grand jury voted to prosecute the former President on four counts related to his efforts to remain in power after losing the 2020 election and his role in the events leading up to the Jan. 6, 2021 storming of the U.S. Capitol. The prosecution sets up yet another complicated and explosive legal battle as Trump vies for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination.

The latest indictment, which the Justice Department announced Tuesday and references six unnamed co-conspirators, follows an investigation that stretched almost eight months by Special Counsel Jack Smith, whose team had interviewed dozens of prominent figures in Trump’s orbit, including former Vice President Mike Pence, over Trump’s efforts to disrupt the peaceful transition of power on Jan. 6. The four charges include conspiracy to defraud the government, conspiracy against the right to vote, conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding, and obstruction of an official proceeding.

"Each of these conspiracies—which built on the widespread mistrust the Defendant was creating through pervasive and destabilizing lies about election fraud—targeted a bedrock function of the United States federal government: the nation’s process of collecting, counting, and certifying the results of the presidential election,” the indictment says.

Pence responded to the indictment on Tuesday with a statement, saying in part: “On January 6th, Former President Trump demanded that I choose between him and the Constitution. I chose the Constitution and I always will.”
    https://time.com/6298840/donald-trum...-6-jack-smith/

Amazing how these now convicted domestic terrorists have been convicted, they contradict their own pleas for mercy with continued defense of their actions on behalf of Trump. Hope they enjoy federal prison.

Former Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio gets 22 years, longest Jan. 6 sentence yet

WASHINGTON — Enrique Tarrio, the former chairman of the far-right Proud Boys, was sentenced to 22 years in federal prison Tuesday afternoon following his conviction on a seditious conspiracy charge in connection with the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

His sentence is the longest in a Jan. 6 case so far, surpassing the 18 years for Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes, who was also convicted of seditious conspiracy.

Tarrio was one of four Proud Boys found guilty of seditious conspiracy in May. Federal prosecutors sought a sentence of 33 years in federal prison; U.S. District Judge Timothy Kelly sentenced Tarrio's co-defendants to much lower terms than those sought by prosecutors.

Last week, Joe Biggs was sentenced to 17 years, Zachary Rehl to 15 years and Ethan Nordean to 18 years. Proud Boy Dominic Pezzola, the fifth defendant, was found not guilty of the top charge of seditious conspiracy but guilty of other charges; he was sentenced to 10 years.

Before his sentencing, Tarrio delivered a contrite statement, apologizing to members of law enforcement, the citizens of Washington, lawmakers and his family. “To the men and women of law enforcement who answered the call that day, I’m sorry,” Tarrio said.

“I have always tried to hold myself to a higher standard, and I failed,” he said. “I failed miserably. I thought of myself morally above others, and this trial has humbled me.”

Tarrio also walked back statements he had made comparing Pezzola to George Washington, a statement that appeared to irk Kelly when it came up earlier in the proceeding.

Tarrio also sought to downplay his political involvement, saying he did not intend to change the results of the election on Jan. 6 but only planned to go to speak at an event to support Donald Trump and to support his friends.

“I am not a political zealot,” he said. “When I get back home, I want nothing to do with politics, groups, activism or rallies.”

Tarrio added that he would not say anything different after Kelly left the room, an apparent reference to his co-defendant Pezzola, who shouted “Trump won” after he was sentenced to 10 years last week.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/rcna103280

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Amazing how these now convicted domestic terrorists have been convicted, they contradict their own pleas for mercy with continued defense of their actions on behalf of Trump. Hope they enjoy federal prison.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/rcna103280
    Amazing will be the word I describe be to hearing your reaction after Trump pardons these “very fine people” once he becomes POTUS again.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Amazing will be the word I describe be to hearing your reaction after Trump pardons these “very fine people” once he becomes POTUS again.
    Kind of sad that you don't realize that Trump could have issued a blanket pardon before he left office. Does it occur to you his failing to do so was a calculated gamble to use it as a campaign issue?

I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

It’s one of the lingering mysteries of the Jan. 6 investigation: Did Donald Trump briefly put Jeffrey Clark — a top ally in his bid to subvert the 2020 election — in charge of the entire Justice Department?

More...
    When top White House and Justice officials threatened a mass resignation at a confrontational Oval Office meeting on Jan. 3, 2021, Trump nixed the radical plan. But it’s never been clear if Trump actually appointed Clark — or at least tried to — before he backed down that day.

On Thursday, Clark’s lawyer Harry MacDougald offered an answer: “There was a period on Jan. 3 when he was the acting attorney general until the president changed his mind later that day.”

This is shocking. If Clark's lawyer is to be believed, Trump actually appointed Jeffrey Clark as AG for a few hours, until DOJ rank and file threatened to resign en masse. Ruin was much closer than anybody has admitted.
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    This is shocking. If Clark's lawyer is to be believed, Trump actually appointed Jeffrey Clark as AG for a few hours, until DOJ rank and file threatened to resign en masse. Ruin was much closer than anybody has admitted.
    The resignations may have been better.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    I believe about 2% of what I hear on the mainstream US news... and about .02% what I read on Politico.

I would sooner believe you kissed a girl once (not your mommy).. than believe the US media on anything related to Trump... and we both know you haven't.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.