Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Trump’s last 74 days in office...

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    No, they are strategic bombers, that have been in the past put into a CAS role for various reasons, but the idea of a B-52 being used as a First choice, second choice or even third choice as a CAS craft is just stupid. The operational cost is just too high for it to loiter around and wait for CAS engagements when there are tons of other planes that have a specific role of CAS, that have much lower operational cost. Anything could be used for CAS. Sending B-52’s into the Middle East suddenly and unplanned in a CAS role? Completely modified for that specific role? With its massive 170k per hour price tag? When we have plenty of other planes that fit that specific role? Yeah right. A B-52’s role as CAS should and has been heavily constrained.
    Out of curiosity, what's your experience and background to make these claims?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by caelric View Post
    Out of curiosity, what's your experience and background to make these claims?
    Interestingly, in Operation Arc Light during Vietnam, B-52s provided CAS with 100% dumb bombs. So it goes back even further than I claimed.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Why would you argue with a military guy about what a plane is for? Do you argue with a photographer about what lighting to use?
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

4. Default

wow interesting. Joint Publication 3-09.3, Close Air Support, clearly allows for bombers as close air support. it even calls out B-52 in it. So doctrine allows for it. Of course, that is a planning consideration, not operational reality of what is actually available for use in your AO. very very interesting stuff here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Want me to post more articles or are you still going to act like an expert on some shit you know nothing about?
    Yes, yes he will.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

No, they are strategic bombers, that have been in the past put into a CAS role for various reasons, but the idea of a B-52 being used as a First choice, second choice or even third choice as a CAS craft is just stupid. The operational cost is just too high for it to loiter around and wait for CAS engagements when there are tons of other planes that have a specific role of CAS, that have much lower operational cost. Anything could be used for CAS. Sending B-52’s into the Middle East suddenly and unplanned in a CAS role? Completely modified for that specific role? With its massive 170k per hour price tag? When we have plenty of other planes that fit that specific role? Yeah right. A B-52’s role as CAS should and has been heavily constrained.
    Doubling down on your utter stupidity... I'm so happy...

Tell Gelston he doesn't know anything. I bet he's never even been in the military like you obviously have...

Stolen Valor!
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Doubling down on your utter stupidity... I'm so happy...

Tell Gelston he doesn't know anything. I bet he's never even been in the military like you obviously have...

Stolen Valor!
    Anyone can say they've done anything on the internet, and no one really has a way to validate it. You say you're a plumber but for all we know, that's just what you call yourself when it's enema time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Are you that fucking dense? They are strategic bombers, yes, that was their originally role. They have been used in a CAS role for the last 20 years also. A simple google search will provide the evidence if you don't believe what I've seen with my own eyes.

And it doesn't take many modifications. Most of the bombs dropped now are smart munitions.

And loitering is what B-52s were originally designed to do. Also, LOL at you for thinking the US considers 170k an hour expensive. We blow a 500 grand on a missile to kill a donkey often enough.

B-52s can come from a further away Air Base, IE, not one in Afghanistan, it can loiter in the air awaiting a mission, out of range of man portable SAMs, and carries WAY more munitions. Keep trying to pretend to know wtf you're talking about though because you sucked dick around Russia.

They do it so often, they are even doing training integration with allies.

Here, have another article talking about its CAS role. https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/th...t-w-1679885252

Another article stating B1-s and B52s were fulfilling a CAS role since at least 2001. https://breakingdefense.com/2014/05/...really-do-cas/

B-52s doing CAS in a French-led exercise. https://theaviationist.com/2016/03/1...-in-serpentex/

Want me to post more articles or are you still going to act like an expert on some shit you know nothing about?
    You honestly think a slow moving, non stealthed aircraft as big as a fucking b-52 is used to loiter and wait for CAS engagements? You are really that dense? Yeah let’s just paint a fucking red bullseye on the plane as well. Like I said it has been used for CAS in the past, buts it’s main role isn’t Close air support. It’s main role is a strategic bomber. ANYTHING, can be used as CAS, but sending in b-52 first for CAS, when we have plenty of better planes for that role is stupid. And yes $170k an hour is ducking expensive, especially when it’s double the operating cost of the next plane and more than 4-5times more than conventional CAS planes.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Blog Entries

You honestly think a slow moving, non stealthed aircraft as big as a fucking b-52 is used to loiter and wait for CAS engagements? You are really that dense? Yeah let’s just paint a fucking red bullseye on the plane as well. Like I said it has been used for CAS in the past, buts it’s main role isn’t Close air support. It’s main role is a strategic bomber. ANYTHING, can be used as CAS, but sending in b-52 first for CAS, when we have plenty of better planes for that role is stupid. And yes $170k an hour is ducking expensive, especially when it’s double the operating cost of the next plane and more than 4-5times more than conventional CAS planes.
    ..... It is. You're just fucking retarded at this point. I've personally seen it in action. I've given you several sources saying it does happen. If you want to dispute it at this point you are just a fucking idiot.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

10. Default

Dude you need to read the doctrine I cited. B-52 can serve a nice role as CAS. It has superior loiter time and standoff range due to how high it flies. An ISIS bro with a MANPAD cannot reach them. They are employing precision guided missiles or bombs. So it's not really a bullseye. All this is google-able. Anyway, great discussion. Joint capabilities are so cool