Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump Strips Away Protections Against Political Influence in Hiring/Firing

Default Trump Strips Away Protections Against Political Influence in Hiring/Firing

Trump Appointee resigns over President's order removing job protections for many civil servants:

The Trump Administration has spent much of the past 4 years purging career professionals who failed unofficial loyalty tests. They've literally scoured social media posts of civil servants to determine if they were "disloyal" to Trump.

Whistleblowers have alerted Congress that people were being demoted or forces out of their jobs for suspicion of lacking loyalty.

And an IG report found widespread political purges going on in the Administration.

Most Federal Employees are officially protected from being discriminated against for their political views (1st Amendment rights), but that hasn't stopped the Trump Administration from discriminating on just that. Now he's trying to reclassify tens of thousands of Federal employees as political appointees- who aren't protected by any legislation passed by Congress.

The Trump administration-appointed head of a key advisory council on the civil service has resigned over an executive order to strip away protections against political interference in hiring and firing for a large portion of the career federal workforce.

The order, which could affect tens of thousands or more career positions involved in making or carrying out policy, “is nothing more than a smoke screen for what is clearly an attempt to require the political loyalty of those who advise the President, or failing that, to enable their removal with little if any due process,” Ronald Sanders wrote in his letter of resignation Sunday from the Federal Salary Council.
    “I simply cannot be part of an Administration that seeks . . . to replace apolitical expertise with political obeisance. Career Federal employees are legally and duty-bound to be nonpartisan; they take an oath to preserve and protect our Constitution and the rule of law . . . not to be loyal to a particular President or Administration,” he wrote.
    This is dangerous. This is what dictators do. This is what the Chinese Communist Party does. It's what Russia does. It is NOT what other functional democracies do. It's authoritarianism.
    Last edited by time4fun; 10-26-2020 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Trump Appointee resigns over President's order removing job protections for many civil servants:

The Trump Administration has spent much of the past 4 years purging career professionals who failed unofficial loyalty tests. They've literally scoured social media posts of civil servants to determine if they were "disloyal" to Trump.

Whistleblowers have alerted Congress that people were being demoted or forces out of their jobs for suspicion of lacking loyalty.

And an IG report found widespread political purges going on in the Administration.

Most Federal Employees are officially protected from being discriminated against for their political views (1st Amendment rights), but that hasn't stopped the Trump Administration from discriminating on just that. Now he's trying to reclassify tens of thousands of Federal employees as political appointees- who aren't protected by any legislation passed by Congress.

This is dangerous. This is what dictators do. This is what the Chinese Communist Party does. It's what Russia does. It is NOT what other functional democracies do. It's authoritarianism.

why on gemstone forums. go join a group.

Quote Originally Posted by beldar17 View Post
    why on gemstone forums. go join a group.
    Because I've been running tests on the same lab rats for years, and i don't want to mess with my data

That's a weird way to phrase "He made it easier to fire useless federal employees who hid behind the union."

Why the fuck can federal government employees even unionize in the first place? Doesn't that go counter to the whole idea of our tax dollars paying for these people so we can get rid of useless employees? Instead it's more like a permanent paid vacation for a lot of federal employees while we continue to be taxed to pay for their permanent paid vacation.

PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Because I've been running tests on the same lab rats for years, and i don't want to mess with my data
    On how many accounts... let's count them (the ones we know anyway...)

Caramia
    Vishra
    time4fun

PS - So glad Simutronics decided to finally fire you. You did irreparable harm to the game Gemstone IV with your stupidity.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Blog Entries

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    This is exactly how I picture your whining; done by someone completely ignorant and incapable of rational thought, let alone intelligence. Some people just shouldn't be voting, honestly. I propose a return to only vested land owners being allowed to vote. Stop letting the "nothing to lose" crowd ruin prosperity for the rest of us.