Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Protesters block Trump's Mt Rushmore visit

Quote Originally Posted by FlayedAngel View Post
    "Protesters cited that the Black Hills are sacred to Native Americans and that Trump's administration opposes interests of Native Americans and other minority groups."
    Those protesters are idiots then. The Black Hills aren't sacred to "Native Americans" in general because Native Americans is composed of many different tribes. Do these protesters think all Native Americans look the same? Bunch of racists.

It's also interesting that the Lakota took the land from the Cheyenne, in turn the US took the land from the Lakota, and now the Lakota want the land back for themselves? If anything shouldn't we give the land back to the Cheyenne? Or better yet, scour through history to see if anyone had ever settled that land before and give the land back to them? That's how this works right, giving land back to the people who originally settled there?

Or are indigenous people allowed to war and conquer land and keep what they take but if Europeans win in war they have to give it all back?

The Lakota lived there for about 100 years and in that time this land became sacred to them, the US has owned this land for over 100 years now, can we claim the land is now sacred and thus has to remain US land?

Someone help me out with this complicated situation.

Or is it just as simple as "white man bad."
    Last edited by Tgo01; 07-09-2020 at 11:35 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Those protesters are idiots then. The Black Hills aren't sacred to "Native Americans" in general because Native Americans is composed of many different tribes. Do these protesters think all Native Americans look the same? Bunch of racists.

It's also interesting that the Lakota took the land from the Cheyenne, in turn the US took the land from the Lakota, and now the Lakota want the land back for themselves? If anything shouldn't we give the land back to the Cheyenne? Or better yet, scour through history to see if anyone had ever settled that land before and give the land back to them? That's how this works right, giving land back to the people who originally settled there?

Or are indigenous people allowed to war and conquer land and keep what they take but if Europeans win in war they have to give it all back?

The Lakota lived there for about 100 years and in that time this land became sacred to them, the US has owned this land for over 100 years now, can we claim the land is now sacred and thus has to remain US land?

Someone help me out with this complicated situation.

Tribes isn't even really a good definition. The Sioux were almost entirely hunter gatherers, the Navajo relied on agriculture. I honestly believe that we will find over time that the northern tribes arrived here from Asia during the arctic land bridge and that later in history another group from Asia came here by island hopping and finally landed in central or south america.

This is why the whole "you're a racist" shit pisses me off. We have 200,000 years on this planet as a species, 188,000 of those years we wandered aimlessly about picking berries and hoping to kill some meat instead of being killed by another tribe. For 11,500 years 90% of every human being spent their life scratching away in the mud hoping that the crop would not fail and that they wouldn't be killed or plundered by another tribe. It's literally absurd to be calling each other racist, 99.9% of human history we have spent every day in fear of having another tribe either take our shit, enslave us or kill us.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't work towards better relations, but what's going on now sure the hell isn't improvement. It's going to take 1000's of years to wipe racism from the human conscious, I'm actually surprised we haven't wiped ourselves out with nukes yet to be honest.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Jeril View Post
    Steak sauce?
    No. I just didn't believe he was ready for the 2nd letter or 2nd number.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post

Well, yeah. That's pretty much what most things have boiled down to lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    No. I just didn't believe he was ready for the 2nd letter or 2nd number.
    Darn, I was really hoping there was going to be food involved.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Lysistrata: "And I'm pretty perfect sooooo... What can I say. I'm dedicated. (To Jeril's cock.)"

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    I'm actually surprised we haven't wiped ourselves out with nukes yet to be honest.
    Seems inevitable. Maybe the aliens will prevent it in some way that doesn't involve our annihilation.
    Last edited by Bhaalizmo; 07-11-2020 at 06:35 PM.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription