Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: ragequit auction 2020

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, I was always (or at least since Wyrom's been running the show) under the impression that unless a player actually reports someone, GMs shouldn't be script checking people.

I'm pretty sure a bunch of old GMs have come back this year though, of which at least some are probably still stuck in GS3 and/or are some purist asshole who suffers from some form of chronic butthurt or got killed by Neimanz on the boulder in 1999 or something.
    stfu you faggot. you don’t get script checked because the game itself already does that by killing you so many fucking times. it’s like you’re trying to die.

Blog Entries

If I'm not mistaken, I was always (or at least since Wyrom's been running the show) under the impression that unless a player actually reports someone, GMs shouldn't be script checking people.

I'm pretty sure a bunch of old GMs have come back this year though, of which at least some are probably still stuck in GS3 and/or are some purist asshole who suffers from some form of chronic butthurt or got killed by Neimanz on the boulder in 1999 or something.
    I was pre-Wyrom, but there was script checking of non-reported people too. It is extremely obvious when someone is using bigshot, or really any lich script, to hunt.

A regular command would look like "kill rat" or whatever creature, lich puts in the numerical ID, so you'd see something like "kill 34523452" or whatever. We did have GMs that would watch people obviously using lich scripts and they'd send them little checks every so often.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

The GM post from the officials earlier in this thread explains how they use metrics to determine who to script check more than any other information source. In other words, someone wrote a script to check for likely afk scripting.

Personally I don't understand what is fun about playing a game without actually playing the game. On the other hand I hate the RNG events. They suck balls. I'd rather pay a $200 entry fee to go to an event, than be asked to waste hours on end pulling a lever.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by neimanz1 View Post
    why should I get warning, 30 day event lockout and exp taken for first violation & player B on violation 2/whatever gets the same type of warning, nothing else & be told hey you won a super jackpot while you afk scripting, I wrap it nicely and put it in your backpack.
    Because the GM that was fucking with you is a retarded sack of assholes. Make Wyrom aware of it and he'll probably fix it. He's usually pretty good about putting out fires that dipshit GMs cause with their incompetence and/or butthurt.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

5. Default

He's usually pretty good about putting out fires that dipshit GMs cause with their incompetence and/or butthurt.
    And about keeping players who spend a lot of money

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    Reply from officials...

GS4-Haxus...
    Haxus' PC abused his GM powers to T5 his own coraesine weapon to infinitely loop berserk during DR to farm bloodscrip more efficiently, so it's all a fucking joke.

Edit: I'm tired of fucking playing this bullshit where Simu makes backroom deals with players instead of fixing actual problems.

edit 2: Helsfeld received a bloodscrip compensation to keep quiet about enchanting his coraesine, and the rest of us got warnings.
    Last edited by m444w; 07-03-2020 at 07:28 PM.
    Discord: Ondreian#3875

I have turned PMs off on these forums, if you want to chat, use Discord to contact me.

knifty

Quote Originally Posted by m444w View Post
    Haxus' PC abused his GM powers to T5 his own coraesine weapon to infinitely loop berserk during DR to farm bloodscrip more efficiently, so it's all a fucking joke.
    He literally used his GM powers to cheat in game and he's still a GM?

Do GMs have the best union in the world or what?

Don't they literally hand out bans for people abusing bugs to gain an advantage?
    Last edited by Tgo01; 07-03-2020 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    He literally used his GM powers to cheat in game and he's still a GM?

Do GMs have the best union in the world or what?

Don't they literally hand out bans for people abusing bugs to gain an advantage?
    I really don't think Haxus' is to blame personal, he's a product of the sytem, but these GMs giving warning to people scripting P2W systems are a joke. I'm just tired of the backroom deals that happens when you report this nonsense.

edit:

when I reported it Wyrom told me "a weapon had made it out of a testing instance" as if any of us actually believe this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    You were one of the instigators of the failed safespace forum. I'm not surprised you're now trying to help shift control back to simu for lnet/lich. You have an axe to grind.

With a dev team that actually does things now, shifting more and more of lich features to Simu control is a given. As you mention, Tillmen mitigated the situation but that isn't stopping someone like Naijin from further demonizing lich. He has every incentive now to do so and Wyrom has $ signs in his eyes.
    Lulz. I have no love for "Simu". I do love this community, and love to see how it has changed, and where possible jump in to help improve it with my own expertise. Going forward I am no longer willing to accept the status quo, take that for what you will.
    Last edited by m444w; 07-03-2020 at 08:18 PM. Reason: wtf is up with the edit functionality on these forums

I have turned PMs off on these forums, if you want to chat, use Discord to contact me.

knifty

Fun fact, Haxus gave me my warning for my "coraesine abuse"
    /home/benjamin/gemstone/cabal/logs/GSIV-Ondreian/2019-08-30-1.log
    449:A shaft of scintillating light suddenly pierces the ceiling and strikes the ground next to you. The beam of light then explodes in a shower of sparks and Haxus is standing in its place.
    450:Haxus says, "Hello Ondreian. You appear to have been stuck here at SGM Coase's request. I'm going to follow his instructions and then let you go."
    458:Also here: GameMaster Haxus
    461:You see GameMaster Haxus the Swamp Pirate.
    465:He is wearing a gold chain suspending a faintly glowing deathstone, a small bone periapt, some impervious pirate armor, a dark-buckled viridian wrist sheath, a gigantic plunder sack containing the handiwork of Haxus, a leather sheath, some dark silver-buttoned breeches, some enruned suede socks, and some black thigh-high wading boots.
    466:Haxus says, "Just making sure nobody else had first. Don't want you double dinged with anything."
    473:Haxus says, "Please feel free to contact Wyrom for the chat that he invited everyone affected by this to have with him, if you haven't already."
    478:Haxus says, "I'm sure you've seen SGM Coase's forum post about it, so I'm not about to lecture you or insult your intelligence. You have a good evening."
    Despite himself being involved in "coraesine abuse"

knifty

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by m444w View Post
    Fun fact, Haxus gave me my warning for my "coraesine abuse"

Despite himself being involved in "coraesine abuse"
    Dudes name is literally Hax-us. If that wasn’t a major clue. Geeze shit like this really puts me off playing the game.