Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ragequit auction 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Reminds me of that one guy they chased away, I forget his name on the forums, he has a cat avatar I think.

It was back when Solomon was still the PM and they were doing some big event that you had to buy tickets to and there were only a limited number of tickets. The guy bought like 7 tickets or some shit because he had multiple accounts and Solomon claimed he was cheating to buy the tickets by using a script or some shit so he removed all of the tickets and made some post about how he was disappointed by all of the "cheating" going on or whatever.

This dude was spending some serious cash on this game and he quit right then and there, pretty sure he has never looked back. All because he bought tickets to an event? So weird.
    kitsun or shallowgrave?
    Last edited by neimanz1; 07-01-2020 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neimanz1 View Post
    kitsun or shallowgrave?
    Yeah Kitsun. I have no idea who he played in game, I just know most people here as their PC name.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjex View Post
    It's the only reason. Bots supply the endless scrip for big spenders to like simu's pockets with and simu cracks down on the very system that feeds its boundless greed. It's like stupidity and insanity rolled into one.
    The joust from RW was painfully slow. I have no idea how they expect someone to sit and watch that delayed screen scroll for days in a row. The only sane thing to do is to script it or buy the raikhen from someone who was scripting it.

Script checking the events is a lame attempt at restoring integrity to a process they've rendered devoid of any entertainment or feelings of accomplishment. I wish they would do away with the facade and just straight up sell the items for cash and silver instead.

4. Default

It’s so odd. Sometimes I feel like we’re like all whipping ourselves and we must pay Simu $$ for the whip to do it with.

Reply from officials...

GS4-Haxus...
    The vast majority of script checks (that result in finding a policy violation) are performed based on automated metrics tools that we have at our disposal that indicate what level of gains of various types that characters get over time (I'm obviously being intentionally vague about how that works). REPORTed and/or POLICY REPORTed script checks are statistically less likely to be the cause of your script check for a number of reasons (and are statistically less likely for us to find a policy violation going on). One is GM availability to drop what they are otherwise doing and perform a script check right that second of the report. Similarly, five minutes later when the GM is free, the allegedly offending player may no longer be engaging in the complained of behavior. Most of the REPORTs and POLICY REPORTs are for treasure/critter poaching or people being highly disruptive with a broken script (running in and out of rooms, etc). Multiple successive reports of any kind about the same person tend to jar even GMs who are absorbed in something else away from what they were doing to see what's going on. But an isolated report in the middle of night might not get seem in the same amount of time.

There are already precautions and checks and balances against the idea of a rogue GM harassing anyone in particular. I'm not trying to say it doesn't happen, or hasn't happened in the past at any rate, but there's still guards against this. (1) You can ask for a referral to address an issue you may have with a GM. (2) If you don't like how that goes, you can ask the answering GM to escalate the issue to the SGMs. (3) If you don't like the decision of the SGM or PM, you can write Feedback. In my time as a GM, I have occasionally seen Feedback overturn the result of a script check if they do not believe it was performed in a procedurally appropriate manner, or for the appropriate reason.

When we script check someone and find them attentive, we have tools in place to ensure that they aren't script checked again in a very short amount of time. But if our tools are highlighting them again the next day due, another GM might script check them, having no functional clue that they were just script checked 24 hours prior for the same (or different) reason, and least not until they later research the account to see how many scripting violations they already have.

I would also like to address the same GMs script-checking the same people over and over again. Let me tell you something that I hope isn't a big news flash: Many GMs don't really like performing script checks. I'll use myself as an example: About the only time you will find me personally script checking you is (1) when I'm responding to a player complaint via REPORT or POLICY REPORT, or (2) You are AFK scripting while in the referral/assist queue and I'm trying to get your attention to answer your referral. I'm not one of the GMs that is eager to go onduty and plow through the list of players that might be AFK scripting. We do, however, have a handful GMs that are willing to go onduty multiple times a week, and plow through those lists (and are often the first ones to jump onduty to perform the REPORTed ones too). They are willing to be the "bad guys" to the players found violating policy in this regard. I thank them for doing this so that I don't personally have to do it myself. But as a result, it's really the same handful of GMs script checking people most days. It's not because they are out to get people, but rather because they are willing to do the unappealing work.

Enforcing POLICY is hard work. I hope I speak for most of the GMs here when I say that nobody is eager to warn people, to consult people and go over policy with them, to lock people out of a game that we all love, etc. If I go a week without having to have a policy discussion with a player, that's a good week! It makes me happy. I don't want to give players experience penalties for AFK scripting, or lock them out for doing it one too many times, but sometimes I just have to. I salute the GMs that give a lot more than that to the effort. Punishment is standardized for AFK scripting based on previous violations over time. Every GM who script checks should be giving the same punishment, assuming they correctly assess the number of prior violations. If someone believes their punishment to be in error, assist and ask for a referral for it to be examined.

Lastly, it's pretty well known that we don't publicly discuss anyone's disciplinary issues. We aren't going to compare two people's situations with one another, or openly discuss an assist, referral, or disciplinary action. This stuff needs to be addressed through Assists, Referrals, and Feedback. POLICY REPORT is a brand new mechanic, and has only tallied such reports in the last month or so. There's no historical data to give there. We also are incapable of telling players how many times someone has used the standard REPORT tool to report someone else. It's just not how the REPORT verb works.

I hope some of this information was useful.

-ASGM Haxus

I don't understand why you're doing this without having first brought it up with a senior GM or feedback. If it's clearly a case of the first warning being applied to a char after you sold the char, any SGM/Wyrom/feedback can figure that out in five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Merzbow View Post
    I don't understand why you're doing this without having first brought it up with a senior GM or feedback. If it's clearly a case of the first warning being applied to a char after you sold the char, any SGM/Wyrom/feedback can figure that out in five minutes.
    Because it's silly the onus is always on the paying customer to deal with this nonsense, given how the queue system works especially.
    Discord: Ondreian#3875

I have turned PMs off on these forums, if you want to chat, use Discord to contact me.

knifty

Quote Originally Posted by Merzbow View Post
    If it's so obvious this is ridiculous why does this even need to be appealed? Unless the GM who handed out the ban doesn't have access to this information.

Quote Originally Posted by m444w View Post
    Because it's silly the onus is always on the paying customer to deal with this nonsense, given how the queue system works especially.
    I'm really hard pressed to imagine any other business where customers spend well into 5 digits every year on what is basically a zero cost product, and don't have instant customer service access. The most mysterious part is how everyone puts up with this. Is nostalgia really that strong?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    If it's so obvious this is ridiculous why does this even need to be appealed? Unless the GM who handed out the ban doesn't have access to this information.
    The account system in this game is ridiculously archaic. I had an empty account I bought and closed magically try to reactivate itself and bill the original owner. Not hard to imagine some database fuckup whereby a warning applied to a moved char incorrectly showed up on the original account. So then you take it higher up the food chain to someone with more experience.