Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: GMs are going to literally rewrite game lore and mechanics to remove racism

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Yeah just gonna be weird seeing people completely change their race when the obvious solution is to keep everything the way it is.

Like how much coding time is this going to eat up?
    I would change my player to a Half-Krolvin or Krolvin in a minute if they change up the modifiers!
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Roblar View Post
    No, it's true.

Has been there for years as part of Summit Academy:

https://gswiki.play.net/Summit_Acade...e_verb_options #156

Bloody hell.... that is bonkers. How the heck did that go unnoticed for so long?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Bloody hell.... that is bonkers. How the heck did that go unnoticed for so long?
    Probably because it's harmless, and race in this game is not quite the same as race in real life anyway.

The whole argument is dumb. Dark elves in GS are NOT the same as dark elves in D&D. Players created the lore surrounding them, not Simutronics. The whole Dhe'nar thing was created by players. Simutronics didn't force anything on players until they co-opted, without permission, the lore that players had created.

As a reminder, dark elves were once high elves. And were fair skinned when GS came into being. It wasn't until the de-ICEing that the dark elf name was adopted.

And for reference, here's the HIGH elf information from Shadow World:

As their name indicates, High Elves are the noblest of all the Elven sub-races, the natural aristocrats of the Elves. They are great builders and unequalled craftsmen. They carry themselves with a proud demeanor that many take as arrogance. Legends
    (theirs and others) speak of High Elves having a close relationship with the demi-gods, and that they still maintain ties to divine beings. High Elves often rule over societies of mixed Elven composition. Even if the only High Elves in the community are its governing class, Wood Elves and Grey Elves accept that it is their right to rule.

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION

Build: High Elves are strongest and most sturdily built of the Elves. The burliest of their kind look more like High Men than like other Elves. Male High Elves average between 215 pounds in weight. Females average 175 pounds.

Selling Stuff and Things
    Elgrim#0001 on Discord or Elgrim on the Official GS Discord server under Nitro Boosters.

I’m sure Wyrom is busy recoding DR into something else since the arena is a mockery of gladiator games, an acceptance of racism and slavery...right?

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Well when the game starts giving you mechanical advantages or disadvantages solely based on the amount of wealth you possess (rather than what you buy with it), then you'll have a point.
    You mean like the rift boots sold for $28k and that give a mechanical advantage in the rift and that also were specifically designed for the dude who bought them?

Or the creation of some overpriced blunt weapon knowing that you’ll be there giving $ for it and then posting on PC and lnet about how great the weapon is?

7. Default

I hope your pointless virtue signaling helps you sleep at night. Rest assured you are saving the world by caving to the demand that we erase any part of history, reality, and now virtual reality that we deem offensive. But do you think you're doing enough? I mean, think of the injustice! Here you are developing cash grab pay events like a business that wants to make money, when you care so very deeply about...racial inequality in a video game. Don't you think you should put all that on hold until this oh-so important transition is complete?

P.S.: I can't believe the world has gone dumb enough that I start agreeing with freakin' tgo01 on...anything. Fuck you, world, for driving me to this!
    Last edited by Hightower; 06-29-2020 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Right after you say that time4fun with her dozens of rare and unique weapons show up!

When are the GMs going to confiscate those rare items and redistribute them among the common people!
    When will she? Why does it take the GMs (aka government) to order her to "do the right thing" and redistribute her wealth to the people less fortunate than herself.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Well when the game starts giving you mechanical advantages or disadvantages solely based on the amount of wealth you possess (rather than what you buy with it), then you'll have a point.

But last I checked, no one was being banned from entering Inns based on their bank account balance, and shops aren't giving discounts or price hikes based on it either.

Funny- you people really don't seem to mind classism in real life.
    Weird.. it's almost as if you are saying that systemic racism is a bullshit excuse.

I agree.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    In essence, they are trying to impact change in real life by making changes in a fantasy game that will have no real impact on the real life problems they are trying to impact.

I.E. Karen has officially taken over Simutronics.
    There has always been Karens that work as GMs.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME