Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biden's VP

Default Biden's VP

I've been over the entire list. The best choice would be Val Demings. Second choice would be Tammy Baldwin.

Demings has a long police background. She still has a police haircut. She is tough.

Baldwin is the safest of the rest of the list.

A lot of people want him to pick Warren. Don't do it. For the same reason he shouldn't pick Warren, he shouldn't pick Stacey Abrams. They are both very smart and very articulate. But they are also the sort of people who motivate the other side.
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

2. Default

He's backed himself into having to pick a minority woman, regardless of her qualifications or any merit based evaluation. That alone should terrify you if you are a Democrat.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

3. Default

If he picks anyone but Warren I’m voing Trump. The dude is a Republican all but in name; always has been since the Lincoln administration. Remember what he told that group of super rich donors at the fundraiser ,”don’t worry guys, nothing is fundamentally going to change.” He is a corporate plant and was always the backup if/when the Trump milk gets too sour.

Quote Originally Posted by Voldemort View Post
    If he picks anyone but Warren I’m voing Trump. The dude is a Republican all but in name; always has been since the Lincoln administration. Remember what he told that group of super rich donors at the fundraiser ,”don’t worry guys, nothing is fundamentally going to change.” He is a corporate plant and was always the backup if/when the Trump milk gets too sour.
    Yeah he's the same as having a Republican in office.

I mean, unless you're queer, trans, a person of color, a woman, have pre-existing health conditions, care about the environment, think the 1st Amendment is important, believe in a woman's right to choose, don't think that religious institutions should be setting our policies, don't want to see our entire Judicial system hijacked by the Federalist Society of unqualified but totally dutiful judges, think that asylum seeking children shouldn't be in cages, believe black lives matter, think that it's of critical importance that foreign governments NOT routinely be invited to attack our elections, think voter suppression is a significant civil rights issue, think that we should be using science to deal with things like pandemics, don't want to see the government employing the death penalty against its own citizens, believe that there should be a social safety net to protect people from poverty, think that sick people should have access to affordable health care, believe that people who work 40 hours a week deserve a living wage, don't think corporations are people, believe that an educated society is a better society, don't think elected officials should tell literally thousands of lies a year, think everyone deserves equal access to education regardless of the zip code they were born in, believe in net neutrality, don't want a President who thinks concentration camps for religious minorities are a good idea, think it's wrong for the Federal government to attack peaceful protesters, don't think the President should be retweeting people saying that people in the opposition party should be killed, don't want to see people arming our teachers with guns, think that all children should be able to eat 3 basic meals every day, believe in Government transparency, understand that NATO helps keep us all safe, or is uncomfortable with their President getting cozy with dictators.

But aside from those things, yes- a vote for Biden and a vote for Trump are more or less the same thing.

5. Default

Someone is triggered.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Someone is triggered.
    time4fun is just defending the title from a possible challenger.

A preemptive punch in the face, so to speak.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

The media seems convinced that Biden will pick Kamala Harris. Picking Harris would be evidence of overthinking and overstrategizing. Some people think it will be Susan Rice. Rice would be the terrible horrible absolute worst choice. I've already given Biden free advice in this thread about whom he should pick.

8. Default

Not going to be Harris. I think it’s Warren. He’s already got the black vote in lock mainly due to his opponent. He needs to convince the progressives in his party to vote for him a corporate stealth-repub fiscal conservative.
    Last edited by Skeletor; 08-01-2020 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    Not going to be Harris. I think it’s Warren. He’s already got the black vote in lock mainly due to his opponent. He needs to convince the progressives in his party to vote for him a corporate stealth-repub fiscal conservative.
    So the rich, old white man pick the rich, old white woman as his vp? Who would've thought.

I am still expecting Harris. Every argument I have seen for her sounds like the dumbest thing I can imagine and all the arguments against make sense to me. Also, it is 2020.