Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Twitter Fact Checks Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kookiegod View Post
    I am going to be amused by Trump's social media executive order.

Wonder how far he's going to shred the First Amendment to the Constitution. His party and his supporters at FOX might actually turn on him. This might be his jump the shark moment.

Its one thing to keep wrongly calling the press the "enemy of the people" and weaponizing politics in the way he does it. Quite another to actually quell freedom of the press, esp the platform from which he has spouted the majority of his 20000+ lies and counting.
    Not sure you understand what the First Amendment is...
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    If people stupidly agreed to terms of service which granted entitlement to their assets, then Twitter would have a cause of action to quiet title and take ownership. The problem is that would be an unconscionable clause and would be unenforceable in a court of law.
    So.... it matters not what their terms and service states.. given that you just agreed with him.

I think progress has been made! And they said you lack the ability to learn.

PROGRESS!
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    I can't believe you guys are arguing about a free internet platform where literally anyone can use it so long as they follow the terms of service which means they've given up essentially all rights in what the platform does once it's posted.

Those folks saying don't like it, don't use it are right.

Frankly I can't believe people use it, only ever irritated me so I dumped all that social media shit and am very much enjoying not seeing it.
    This for sure.
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I was actually going to waste my time replying to all of your points but then I read this and decided against it. Seriously you can't be this fucking stupid to think a single sentence in an 80+ page terms of service agreement which states you are signing over your house to the business in question if you use their service gives the business any sort of claims to your home. You just can't be this much of a retard.
    Which is why you omitted the rest of the post which pointed out why this wouldn't work and pointing out that as always your examples are pure hyperbole.

5. Default

The problem with Twitter now is that it has become so large and used by everyone from small town local police, municipalities, state legislatures, governors, US congress, and the President of the United States, to directly communicate with constituents in what has become the most efficient way possible. Twitter taking preference for one party over another will now lead to regulation and dare say it, eventual government control, which was exactly what we should all want to avoid. It was the very premise for the long-gone dream of Net Neutrality. Media providers should not be taking sides.

Which is why you omitted the rest of the post which pointed out why this wouldn't work and pointing out that as always your examples are pure hyperbole.
    Your dumb ass said this would entitle the business to take ownership of the property but would be subsequently unenforceable in court. It wouldn't even fucking making it court because this is completely ludicrous.

Much less Twitter you want it both ways. But also much like Twitter you are both despicable cretins who don't understand the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Furryrat View Post
    The problem with Twitter now is that it has become so large and used by everyone from small town local police, municipalities, state legislatures, governors, US congress, and the President of the United States, to directly communicate with constituents in what has become the most efficient way possible.
    Exactly. People saying "Just use another service!" are missing the very obvious point, Google/YouTube, Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, they have crushed the competition in the sphere of social media to the point where these 4 companies/sites pretty much mean social media now. When someone says "Social media" you think of these 4 sites.

These sites got to where they are BECAUSE of the protections the federal government carved out for them with the expectation that they would use their protections for good and allow the free exchange of ideas with minimal interference and certainly not by taking sides.

But here they are, mere months out from an election and clearly taking sides and pieces of excrement like Seran are cheering them on and saying "Just go to another site!" Fuck you, you know nothing piece of shit.

Just answer me one question, WHY do you feel Twitter/Reddit/YouTube/Facebook should be special? Just answer this one fucking question, but you can't because like I said you are a piece of shit. You know they are playing favorites, you know they are taking sides because it's an election year, you know there are no alternatives, you know there are no alternatives because they have crushed all competitions because of the protections the federal government gave to them, and you know they are pushing the side YOU want to win and really that's all that matters to worthless sacks of shit like you isn't it?
    Last edited by Tgo01; 05-28-2020 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Furryrat View Post
    The problem with Twitter now is that it has become so large and used by everyone from small town local police, municipalities, state legislatures, governors, US congress, and the President of the United States, to directly communicate with constituents in what has become the most efficient way possible. Twitter taking preference for one party over another will now lead to regulation and dare say it, eventual government control, which was exactly what we should all want to avoid. It was the very premise for the long-gone dream of Net Neutrality. Media providers should not be taking sides.
    Here in bizzaro world, modern day Conservatives argue for more government control and regulation. But only so far as it allows their mentally deficient party leader to bully and harass the citizens of his country. Welcome to the new normal in your party

9. Default

Here in bizzaro world, modern day Conservatives argue for more government control and regulation. But only so far as it allows their mentally deficient party leader to bully and harass the citizens of his country. Welcome to the new normal in your party
    Please highlight where I 'argued for more government control and regulation.' In fact, if you read the words you quoted, you would see that I did the exact opposite.

Here in bizzaro world, modern day Conservatives argue for more government control and regulation.
    I'm not for more regulation, I just want Twitter and the rest to be held to the same standards as any other company. You are the only person here (well and Solkern) who want Twitter to be special yet you can't explain why they should have special rights.