Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: XFL

Blog Entries

You do see a lot of overthrows, underthrows, dropped passes, etc. It is definitely not up to the standards of the NFL, and honestly, the skill level looks lower to me compared to college, but I'll admit I was watching LSU all year and they are a bit separated from most of the other college teams this last season. But hell, football is football and they'll be improving as the season goes.

The hits are a lot harder than you see in the NFL though. And they let people play, rather than tickertape parades of yellow flags.
    Last edited by Gelston; 02-18-2020 at 12:39 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Houston is looking pretty great. I was pulling for Dallas, because they are the closest team to me (and I'm still going to, because I'm not the type to hope teams), but the Houston games are a lot more exciting.
    Yeah, I was hoping the Vipers would be decent since they're the 'local' team, but they look pretty awful so far. Makes me wonder how they determined game and championship favorites as they were favored in both games so far and for the title. Seems like Trestman might be trying to get too cute with all the QB swapping.

I feel like DC, Houston, and St. Louis are some of the stronger teams at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sile View Post
    Thing is, nothing can compete with the deep pockets of the NFL. No matter how good the rule set or it is, NFL is just a machine that will roll over anything that gets in it's way.
    I don't think anyone has gone into the thing thinking they will compete with the NFL. I mean, you can't take cast-offs and people that never 'made the cut' and expect to roll over the big dogs. Anyone expecting NFL competition or caliber play is going to be disappointed. Think of it more along the lines of AAA vs the Majors. It's a place where potentially less talented players can play ball, make some money, and maybe work their way into the NFL. It's also a place where they can work with the rules more freely and help evolve the game from certain standpoints of safety and even situational play calling with things like the extra point attempts and kickoffs (no surprise onside kicks, for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Kaepernick tried to get into XFL, then he demanded $2m per game and got told to go fuck himself
    I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is he's a certified idiot.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is he's a certified idiot.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ntract-request
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I don't comprehend how he could have even imagined that would be possible. Absolute moron.

I don't comprehend how he could have even imagined that would be possible. Absolute moron.
    It’s because he’s a gigantic piece of shit with a massively inflated sense of self worth despite being a mediocre QB at best.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Blog Entries

It’s because he’s a gigantic piece of shit with a massively inflated sense of self worth despite being a mediocre QB at best.
    He'd be a god in the XFL, which would make it unbalancing for every team that plays him. Still, he would get smacked around a lot harder because there are less protections on hitting the QB.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    He'd be a god in the XFL, which would make it unbalancing for every team that plays him. Still, he would get smacked around a lot harder because there are less protections on hitting the QB.
    Then he’d say they hit him hard because they’re racist.

It's not about how good he is or thinks he is. The business aspect of it would simply be impossible. It would be like Gordon Ramsey (and he's a lot better in his profession than dingus) walking in to a McDonald's thinking he's going to make 100 bucks an hour to clam-shell some burgers.

He did it to:

1) Keep his name in the news
    2) Claim that he really wants to play football again
    3) Probably sue the XFL for not hiring him

He's trash.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.